Dish setup help

Bronze Member
Username: Nels2k

Post Number: 47
hey, i have a 18 inch dish pointed at 119 and i recently bought a mount and an lnb. the mount is mounted onto the dish arm and then the second lnb is bolted onto the other side. i thought that this setup would be easy and that it would be a plug and play kind of thing but for some reason i get zero quality and about 70 on the other bar. im mounting th lnb on the right side which is to the right of the 119 (looking from behind the dish to the lnbs) im wondering if anyone has any tips or info on why this isn't working and anyway to fix the problem.
also its not be faulty equipment lnb and switch were both tested.

Silver Member
Username: Jdq

Post Number: 155
What receiver? I had friends find signal no problem with mount and others who gave up trying and just duct taped lnb to other lnb.I always found best to get 110 signal situated and then go for 119.

Bronze Member
Username: Dancuban

Post Number: 49
ok you finish step 1 setting up your dish. now you have to get a sat finder to locate the sats you want. also you would need the new bin to get tv. my sujection would be to read a few threads to get fimillar with what you are about to get into. its not plug and play as you think.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i have the pansat 2700
ya i thinking of changing it to 110 first might try that but would be better if this setup worked.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
i already have 119 working and i have all the settings under installation all good for both 119 and and 110 both it still doesn't seem to work. i have done this setup before but using a different mount which mounted on the actual lnb this new one i have mounts onto the arm.dan i think u should do some reading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
nel rib if you don't have one of these go to your local sat to to get 1.Upload go out side connect a cable from your lnb to the sat finder, then from your sat finder to the cable goin to your receiver. don't stand infront of your dish while trying to find the sat of your choice eg. 119. turn the knob no the finder until it reaches about 6. the higher the pitch the closer to the sat u r. point your dish to 119w, make sure your level is about 90-98 and your quality the same. do a blind scan then watch tv. hope this help you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
sorry i miss read your post

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
dan i already have 119 at about 90 percent i added a mount to catch 110. but it doesn't work.

if u don't understand that then just leave the site and go read a book or something.

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 303
Put your lnb's in the bracket the 110 lnb goes on the main arm of your dish..119 will be on the left as your are looking from behind the dish. adust your dish with you local settings good site here.

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

The best thing to do is not hook up your switch just yet..go direct from lnb 119 make sure your signal is good..then repeat for 110..now you can hook up your switch and match those setting in your receiver..typical settings are port 1=119 port 2=110.

Remember always turn off the power when you are playing with the cable or switch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us