DIsh pro plus DPP on pansat2500

Username: 1102firecracker

Post Number: 1
I have a single 2500 attached to the DPP, but I am having trouble with not switching correctly between the birds. I have looked at the treads, some say it works some say it will not work on FTA. I have a switch, which I removed and it did not help. It works great for a single bird if I turn off the dsec, DPP goes into legacy mode.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 477
Yeah, i think u need to get a dishpro lnb, or a viewsat reciever. Mine did the same thing. The viewsat will work with the dpp, or the pancrap will work with the dp.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4705
no switches...and use normal DP receiver antenna LNB/port settings..and receivers must be kept on to power the LNB's..

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 487
isnt it a power issue? when i was trying this, i set it up like u say, but still had same problems as this guy. I tried several different ways. Somewhere, someone said it wouldnt work, or maybe would always have trouble with it if u were using a pansat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4711
No it works...and power to the LNB's is supplied by leaving the receivers ON always..al7bar.t*k has a lengthy thread "sticky" about the DPP

Post Number: 2
Thanks, I did see the post, but I do not have a Dish box such as a 4700. I was going to try to make a 18V DC power source that would be in place of the 4700 in the drawing above to see if it is a power problem. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Pep

Post Number: 35
using above LNB DISHPRO
1. no disecq needed
2. channel shud all be vertical
to make channel vertical try the ffg:
(1).convert regular channel to dishpro using channel master ,highlight which tp u are using
either echo 7,8.10,61.5,(2).Press edit goto Dishpro conversion(3) convert to dishpro (4)LNB type use CUSTOM then press Ok.
3.In installation setting, Echo 7 on Discq 1,echo 10.8 on discq 2 and etc 3 n 4.

GOOD LUCK

Gold Member

Post Number: 4712
I beleive U can use 2 FTA receivers instead, but not 100% sure..this link (8 pages) has the most and best info I have seen so far about DPP LNB's..DPP info is rare at any site..

http://www.al7bar.t*k/Forums/showthread.php?t=107407

Yes U must register first at www.al7bar.T*k and remove the * in the links above..

Post Number: 3
Thanks Mike about the channel master conv. I did not notice it there before. I will try it tonight. I assume that I do not do a blind scan, but get a channel list off the web and run the conversion.
I am using a DishPro Plus and not a DishPro. No switch and a singe cable going back to the box. Should this work on a DPP?

Thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Pep

Post Number: 36
Am sorry M, I use only DISHPRO not plus .I dont know if it will work. Am not using DPP coz it get error on my Birdog,a satellite finder.

Post Number: 4
I tried the CM and it did not work. I also tried inserting 18vdc in place of the legacy device mentioned above. That did not work. It does work on single bird 7 with no disecq and attached to port 1. Anyone else have any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4743
U can do sat and blind scans with DP and DPP LNB's...Vertical TP scans is all that is necesary though..and if U do use Channel Master , U can easily convert any list to a DP channel list..there is a simple conversion option there..below is a c/p from al7bar

DishPro LNBFs and switches allow for longer runs up to 200 feet from receivers to the dish. DishPro installations are easier as there are fewer cables to run from the dish to the switch(es) for more than 2 receivers as well as simpler installations if more than 4 satellite feeds are needed (especially important now that 721s and 921s need 2 satellite feeds per receiver).
Quick lesson: all DBS providers have up to 32 frequencies to use per orbital slot. The Frequencies are opposite polarities either even or odd. Legacy LNBFs and switches can only transmit one polarity at a time down the feed cable to your receiver. Legacy switches and LNBFs use a voltage signal from your receiver to change the polarity of the LNBF it is connected to, 13 volts is odd, 18 volts is even. Since voltage will drop as the length of the cable gets longer, at some point the attenuation of the cable will drop the voltage from the receiver below 18 volts so that the LNBF can't switch to the even polarity even though the signal from the receiver is 18 volts the LNBF is only able to use the 13 volt or odd polarity.
DishPro is different as it will stack or transmit both even and odd signals down the same wire, by shifting the frequencies up so both polarities can travel the same feed to the receiver or switch. Since this is the case the LNBF doesn't need the receiver voltage to switch back and forth. A switch is necessary to be able to connect one stacked 119° feed and one stacked 110° feed to each receiver. The only way a legacy receiver will work with this arrangement of LNBFs and Dish Pro switches is with a DishPro adapter that can down convert the stacked frequencies to the standard odd or even only frequencies. Each legacy receiver has to use this adapter which must be installed within 10 feet of the receiver.

FTA testing with DP and DPP requires to change all Horizontal polarity to Vertical (IMPORTANT)... due to the fact that Dish Pro uses stacked technology(bandstacking scheme the IF frequency of the horizontal block is shifted upwards to vertical) They will need to be edited for example( just go to Menu-Installaytion-Tp/edit and set all to V) then subtract all horiz. transps. frecuencies from 25600. enter result as your new transp freq. (IE. on sat 119 transp 6 is 12297h. doing the subtraction, you get 13303. So change transp 6 to 13303). This is needed because dishpro lnbs use an oscilator that runs at 25600mhz. this is mixed with the horizontal transp freqs and new freqs are generated.

Post Number: 5
Thanks,
I think the problem that I am having is that the DPP not only stacks H&V but also across the birds. For example 110 odd might be on the lower stack and 119 even might be on the top stack. I can connect to port 1 or two and ick up the default birds corectly for these port, but when I turn on Disecq I might get the problem that I mention above.

Looks like I might just need to replace the DPP with DP.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 630
My personal feelings with these is that while they can work, you are better off just getting an old DishPro (Twin or Quad) LNB. I've used both DishPro and DishProPlus and while you can make it work, it is a lot easier to get the DishPro working.

Again, just my personal opinion based on test I've done personally.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4756
I agree 100%...DPP is not FTA "friendly"....DP LNB's are VERY FTA friendly!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us