Cable problem

Username: Robert1968

Post Number: 1
Hi

I have a cable problem connecting my pansat 3500sd from my satellite dish. All the cables from the outlets of my home are located in the basement. There is 65 feet of cable from the dish to the basement of my home. From there i do my connection to the bedroom cable which is around 25 feet long until the outlet of the bedroom. From there, there is a 15feet conection from the outlet to the pansat. The problem i have is that some channels i have 60% signal and quality strength. Some channel i have 50% signal and 0% quality and some are even less. I tried a signal amplifier from basement connection of the 65 feet and 25 feet cable with little improvement. I brought my TV to the basement and the connection from the dish is OK 90% signal and quality strength. What can i do to troubleshoot this? All the cables are RG 6 type.

Thanks
Robert

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4744
At the switch (presuming it either a disque or DP switch, and NOT a SW from an old Dishnet installation which won't work)in the basement where all cables in house meet, try flip flopping the cable in bedroom with another cable to another room....the problem could be/probably is your switch in basement or a bad cable and connection..and U never needed a "amp" for those lengths..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us