Direct TV and Pansat

Username: Ankhreborn

Post Number: 1
Please Note: This is my First Post, hence pardon me if this is the wrong place to post or if in fact it's a wrong post.

Could someone please explain to me if it was possible to have Direct TV Satellites installed and use a Pasat 2500A or any other FTA receiver to access the channels?

I am getting many confusing articles on the web and would like to know in a simple yes or a no. If the answer is a yes, then some more guidance as to how I could go about doing it would be nice. Also, could someone recommend me, if Pansat 2500A is not the best fit then which FTA receiver one would be better?

I am very new to all this so any and all help would be appreciated.

I am looking for good explanations in simple language as I am also not familiar with some of the technical lingo that is used here. Thank You Once again.

Bronze Member
Username: Cramped

Post Number: 25
Alot of the 'know it alls' here will say a firm NO but I think things are changing.

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 554
Wait a few days, if pansat has a fix buy pansat 3500 or 2700

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your replies.

However, would it be easy to find instructions on how to get those receivers working for Direct TV?

Where would someone find step by step instructions to configure a receiver?

And what's a good place (site) to buy one of these receivers?

Also could someone elaborate a little bit on the things I have mentioned in my initial post?

Username: Proxmat

Post Number: 4
Ankh, I do not poste msgs that often here but here is my advice:
1.)If you seriously want to buy FTA receiver and are resolute to do it now it seems that the reasonable choice is ViewSat Platinium or Extreme (faster processor).
2.)I would not buy Pansat (any) at this time even if there is a fix for it. (I do own Pansat 2700A)so this is not to "bash" it. Just practical.
3.)As far as I know you can not use these FTA receivers to "steel" the DirectTV as there is NO BIN File (software)support for that anywhere.>If anyone knows differently feel free to correct me<. However you may be able,if you choose so, to "steel" the D/N signal or BEV (Canadian). Right now only cardless box that works is the ViewSat. Pansat so far is lacking the proper suport and it has been a while since it did have an actual support.
4.)Since you are new here I bring your attention to previous paragraph and word "steeling signal" which brings me to my last point.
5.)Do yourself a favor man - read and educate yourself 1st before you get into "testing" this equipment. Do a lot of reading here and links to other excelent forums are plastered all over this forum so there is no problem to find other resources of info. Vish U luck.
By the vay you can always use any of the FTA receivers for what they are intended - true FTA.

Bronze Member
Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 21
BUY VIEWSAT Extreme and then read the post in this site or other like www.al7bar.*tk (remove the (*)...the you'll see what you have to do...th Direct TV antenna and LNB can be used for the FTA but you can not use the DTV Receiver or use FTA to get DTV...

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4433
U cannot get DirectV satellite channels using ANY FTA receivers...for DirectV , U must subscribe!

U can get USA Dishnetwork satellite TV or Canadian Bev satellite TV , ONLY if U buy a FTA made by Viewsat!...Viewsat Platinum or Extreme are basically the same , but if U buy, then buy a GENUINE Viewsat from one of these 2 dealers linked below...MANY DEALERS SELL CLONES (COPIES-IMITATIONS), WHICH SUCK, AND COULD DIE TOMORROW!

www.efta.us
www.globalwholesalers.biz

Post Number: 3
Thank you all for your advice! Tom, Perycles2005, and LK - Your advice was particularly useful. I will keep everything in mind.

I am willing to wait, if at all there would be a receiver for DTV in the near future. Please advice on this.

In the mean time I will be reading here and the forums and websites mentioned by Perycles2005 and LK.

Cheers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4450
There has NOT been ANY way to hack DTV in 2 1/2 years (april 2004) and NONE is expected or even RUMORED!...so FORGET about DTV, unless U pay them monthly and subscribe..

BTW...if U want to learn FTA use the sites listed in my new thread here "Reputable DSS Sites"..

The sites listed in my post above are ONLY for PURCHASES!

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 562
I would consider Sonicview SV 1000 as also a good choice. It is a Viewsat compatible and has the latest BIN. It has 7 day EPG.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4460
what does "Viewsat compatible" mean?...thats interesting!...I know it cannot accept Viewsat software..and the Sonicview new fix has many flaws and people have been advised to wait 1-2 days for another newer improved fix...

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 566
LK: Excellent answer. Now I will wait for more info before I advise people to buy sonicview.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4463
Sonicview is a replacement for "the Buzz" which is associated with Viewsat and use the same coders..in fact I beleive (but cannot say 100%) that Sonicview is a subsiderary of Viewtech ...but it is NOT "Viewsat compatible!

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 464
just get a viewsat and watch some tv with me.

Silver Member
Username: Mty

Mexico

Post Number: 236
Is there a way to know what are the differences between the original viewsat and the clones?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us