Bring a unit back from the dead!!

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 281
I have seen alot of ppl saying there units look dead. Here are a few things to try before sending it back to VS.

1. if it's a clone your SOL
2. reboot pc
3. reload factory file 2061 will work fine

if still no go and you have access to another working receiver then do the following:

1. Load working unit with factory file 2061
2. Once loaded hook up serial cable to dead receiver with power from back switch to off
3. On working unit hooked up to tv do the following:

Menu-> Installation -> Reciver Upgrade

choose main software and click OK
(you will see a progress window)

4. Turn dead unit on from back switch
5. The progress bar should start to move indicating dead unit is being programed.
If it doesn't check make sure your serial null-modem cable is firmly in place to both receivers and try again.

If the above does not work then your unit is in fact dead. or has a blown fuse.

I have brought a few units back when they seemed to be dead with no front display at all, with these procedures.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcharley

Port norris, N.j. U.s.a.

Post Number: 47
Thank you sunny finally some useful info from this site. not old lady like sewing circle rumors,bashing of other members, no boasting of my receiver is better than your receiver. no oleg i have the fix for your pansat.no begging for the new keys, no begging for a fix. no whining about how B.L. has ripped me off in spite of watching free tv for two years(you got your moneys worth throw it in the closet with your dave boxes, your boot loader, your old mikubo III, your h cards, your hu cards,your rom cards, your rom 101 cards, your p4,p5,cards and all of the other devices that have that have failed you)great post Mc sunny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us