Each lnb can be use for 2 recievers right?

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 28
im thinking of using my old pansat, i can use the same dish right?

since each lnb has to outputs, i just connect the unused outputs to a pansat switch and out to the pansat reciever is that correct?

thanks for the advice guys

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 537
Yes. If you have 2 dish with dual lnbs using one receiver and want to add another receiver, that is correct.

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 29
thanks hawaiian i got to cable to another room still

Bronze Member
Username: Kirby904

Jacksonville, Florida United States

Post Number: 46
Well, i have 2 LNB's on my Dish500, with 2 coax connectors from each, used for 2 recievers (110 and 119). When i change channels on 1 reciever, the other one stops until i change the channel and change it back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I meant, i have 2 outputs on each... just like Pukka... i hope he doesnt have the same problem. If you know how to fix this please tell me.

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 144
Kirby, I know how to fix it. It is caused by "voltage drop". To prove to you that I am right, try unplugging one of the coax from behind of one of the receivers, and you will never see that problem on the other receiver (vice versa). And also you will notice that the signal quality of the receiver will increase (watch the bar). Unfortunately, it is the LEGACY LNB that is causing this issue. If you want it resolved, you need to replace them with the DishPro.
1.The best one would be the DP quad LNB. It has 4 feeds (one for each receiver), no need to install switch. It has a built-in switch. 119 is switch 1, and 110 is switch 2, when you go to your antenna set-up.
2.Second option is the DP dual LNB. It's the same as the DP quad LNB, but, it has two outpus only. Same way installation too. NOW, DO NOT get confused with the DP TWIN LNB. YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM IF YOU GET THAT. DP twin LNB is not the same as DP dual LNB. DP twin, has a third coax connector, which is not an output, it is an INPUT for a third LNB (coming from another dish).
3.Third option, you can replace those 2 LNBs that you have, with exactly the same "look", but has a DP logo behind it, and it will work also, but may cost more to buy two. It is called Dual output Single DP LNB.
***The first and second option will not require a diseqc switch, which is much better. The 1st option can be used for upto 4 receivers.
***Do not get the DP Plus logo. It should say DP only.
***Right now you have 4 COAX (total) coming from your LNBs (2 from each LNBs). With the 1st and 2nd option, it will only be 2 cables. From the LNB straight to the receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 183
TDG - I am impressed...

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4274
Pukka...all LNB's do NOT have 2 outputs for 2 receivers!...there are SINGLE LNB's with ONLY 1 output for 1 receiver..

Kirby, sounds like U have a setup for Dishnet receivers , NOT FTA receivers...either U have dual legacy LNB's with SW switches and need to change to 2 disque switches, or need A single dish pro twin LNB and NO exterior switches..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Yes, TDG you are very helpful. Please reply on the thread you made.

As for LK, i have 2 LNB's on 1 dish, and they did not fit, i had to alter the holders. I have diseQC switches on them because 1 LNB is 110 and the other is 119, and i have 2 recievers. I don't have SW switches, and what i need is what TDG explained. The LNB's say "Eagle : DTV32+" So yes, you are probably right that i have a setup for dishnet receivers.

I did not install my system, it was installed by a couple friends that overcharged us, and did not know what they were doing. I did not know anything about FTA then, and the recievers were installed poorly. When the recievers stopped working is when i started my FTA hobby. When i started reading this forum, about 1 year ago.

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 11
kirby, it's best for you to buy a new dual or Quad DP LNB's to save you all the trouble.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4275
Kirby ...something is seriously wrong with what U are saying...U can use legacy LNB's or your eagle with 2 disque switches with NO problems..TDG and I said the same thing except I offered a the disque switch option versus changing LNB's which can be expensive....best thing to do is buy a Dish Pro TWIN LNB...then U need no switches and 2 cables will run directly from that 1 LNB to each receiver...and I believe U have 2 DirectV LNB with a built in 22khz switches causing U problems now...

The Twin DP LNB is $69..
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/LNBF/DishPro-Twin-LNBF.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Mimoune

Post Number: 26
lk can you give me the new key plz ,good to have you back man

Gold Member

Post Number: 4279
DN Keys 18:25, 12th Sept., 2006
N 0101 00 active
7D 66 99 AF CE 3E EA 39
91 FF DA 46 5E D9 D3 BC

N 0101 01:
3E 2A C2 6C D9 03 35 63
8D F8 6E 13 EE D5 17 DE

Gold Member

Post Number: 4281
DN Keys 18:25, 12th Sept., 2006

N 0101 00 active
7D 66 99 AF CE 3E EA 39
91 FF DA 46 5E D9 D3 BC

N 0101 01:
3E 2A C2 6C D9 03 35 63
8D F8 6E 13 EE D5 17 DE

Username: Lking121

Post Number: 7
So there is no way to have the 110 and 119 lnb go into 1 disque (so you only have to run one cable into the house) than after it comes into the house connect it to a splitter and run cables from there?

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 153
john rock, quote' " connect it to a splitter and run cables from there?".
Answer: You don't use Splitters for DSS system. It's a multi switch that you need. A good one and reasonable price, and compatibility issue, is a DP-34, or a DPP-44 which is more expensive.
These (multi-switches) are not recommended if you only need to pick up two satellites that are 9 degrees (or less) apart. It would be cheaper to to purchase a dual LNB with quad output, than buying and installing a multiswitch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4287
John...buy a Dish Pro twin LNB ($69) at sadoun.com and U will see NO switches and will have 1 cable with BOTH satellites (110-119) coming into the house directly to your receiver from the LNB...and if 2 receivers, there is another output on the Twin LNB, so run 2nd cable directly also to a 2nd receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 462
SuperDish with DP34 has a voltage drop problem, because it is powered by the receiver. You can overcome this by powering the DP34 separately. Also always use the legacy receiver on Port 1 if youare using superdish with dp34.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us