Can someone help and not fight???

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 19
i asked a couple a days ago about my brother`s vs xtreme that i uploaded, and hes got like 2000 channels and i got 590, i did everything the same way and dont understand, i have been reading here and there in search of answers, also ive tried making lists and suddenly i lose all the programming guides,and i have to upload all the files again, i am leaning tours uploading the factory bin but one of my questions is ...any factory bin for xtreme will do???

my vs is perfect, dont have problems with it

please help

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 216
Just a few questions. Are you and your brother using the same dish setup? Make certain you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges. There are many DN satellites up in the sky, and each seems a bit different. If you are on the same set up, check that your combiner is set correctly, like line one, Sat 119, line two, Sat 110, etc. Next after all that, check your brothers setup to see if he is getting 2000 channels or has just found the same ones several times. Generally for one sat, don't expect more than @ 400 channels. That is for a DN sat. If you are using multiple sat dish, two sats, look for @ 800, etc. Many of these will be duplicates, because believe me, even DN doesn't have that many channels, even counting all the locals.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4235
The number of channels is dependent on the number of satellies and LNB's on your roof dish...590 sound right for the 110 and 119 Dishnet satellites...2000 is way too much for just those 2 satellites, UNLESS he has done NUMEROUS scans and has triplicates of each channel ...every time U do a new scan it keeps adding to the Number of channels, but they are NOT new channels just another dupication..

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
The four hundred channels per sat is just a rough rule of thumb, but you get the idea. Some have less, much less, and some have more, but not much more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
joe the ports and frequencies i have double or triple checked, and they are in place, but we have scanned many times as lk mentions since we have had a sudden loss of channels and menus

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 184
like you said,you guy scanned it so many time that why he get about 2000 channels.for example u have 500 channels u scanned 4 times u get 2000 channels.....

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1591
Pukka,
As LK and others have stated above, sounds like you have duplicate channels. Many possible reasons for dups, like TP changes, channel list loaded, and sometimes just dups because of scans. You may also notice that when you locate a duplicate channel, say channel 200, sometimes the guide will show no info on it, while on one of the other same channels (a 200 duplicate) in the list it does show info. This is because the info will only load to one channel, and not populate on the others. At least that's my experience.
What I would suggest, is get Channel Master and load a channel list to your box. I like Dido Smiths lists which you can get at dsstester . com.
Or you get your brother to use Channel Master, read his list to his computer, email it to you, and then load it to yours. Then you'd have the exact list your brother has. If you do that, try sorting by SID prior to loading to your box and you might be surprised to see the amount of duplicates he has in his list. From there just delete the dups and you're on your way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
other thing is that im back home when i press "sat" on the remote control i get like 5 satellites, my brother gets like 10

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
if you do factory settings at setup , this could erase the all the previous channel scans?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1594
Number of sats programmed in doesn't mean anything unless he has the same amount of LNBs.
However many LNBs he has connected to his receiver, that's how many sats he'll have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1595
Restoring factory settings will do just that, bring the receiver back to the state it was just out of the factory. There will be no bin loaded, no channels, no sats. You'd have to start from scratch.
If you can, just delete all the channels in your list, and re scan the sats.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
ok tyler thanks, hes got only 2 lnb

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
LOL..2 LNB FOR 2000 CHANNELS.put the pipe down and concentrate for 2 minutes...delete all of your SAT channels and do a blind 1 more time that it........

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
I mean blind scan.....

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 235
Factory reset = "There will be no bin loaded". Hhmmmmmh...

Factory reset does not infact remove the latest bin uploaded. It actually stays...

Bronze Member
Username: Wild_willie

Post Number: 79
send me your reciever and I will set it up for you.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 397
Just go and sort by satellite. Look at the whole list via setting favourites or parental control, and note down the satellite info, such as Echostar 8.1 or Echo 3 or 110 or 61.5. You will probably discover only one or two satellites at the most unless you have multiple dishes or LNBs.
Then erase each satellite list. Do a blind scan for each of the REAL Satellites you actually have.
That is your total availability. It will be 200-400 multiplied by the number of LNBs.
Note that you may see many satellites and may even see a signal in many of them, but you only will have the channels that are on the actual satellites (LNBs) you are set up for physically. DO NOT scan just because you have a signal. Scan because you have noted that it exists.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 79
PANSATs still working good replaced new APR to ECM www.fta4dummies.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
Oleg is still spamming with false rumours. Here is the exact info TODAY on the site suggested by him.
www.fta4dummies.com

"Viewsat Up and running

Pansat still down"

Bronze Member
Username: Frobi

Guelph, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
I have viewset extreme and was working till this morning. Now all channels on Echo 3 and Echo 6&8 are blank, no picture, no sound. Have auto roll ON. PLease help. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Canada

Post Number: 324
HOW TO DOWNLOAD CHANNELS FROM A SATELLITE -- REPEAT FOR EACH Satellite
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Press MENU to begin your setup. Press DOWN on the remote to get to INSTALLATION. You will be asked for a password. The password is 0 0 0 0 Now press OK to select ANTENNA SETUP. Select your satellite by pressing the RIGHT or LEFT arrows. I recommend starting with the Echostar 8,10 satellite. DO NOT PRESS OK.

LNB POWER: ON
LNB TYPE: Standard
LNB Frequency : 11250
22 Khz: OFF
TP Freq: 12253 <---- Very Important Echo 6,8
SEARCH OPTION: ALL
DiSeCq 1.0: NONE <--- Once the switch is connected, set to port 1
MOTOR: OFF
LEgacy SW: None

Once all settings are verified, press F1 when you are ready to download your channels.

This should go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. To verify you have the correct signal, on the Echostar 8,10 you should expect to see NBATV, PPV, RFI channels appear as some of the first channels. This will download the channels very quickly. If not, cancel by pressing EXIT. If you see the correct channels, allow it to finish before you begin to download the Echostar 7 (119) satellite.

You must now power off your receiver (flip black switch on back of receiver to do this) before disconnecting the Echostar 8,10 LNB and reconnecting the wire to the Echo 7 LNB. Not powering off your receiver could cause a spark/short circuit and this will void your warranty and could KILL your receiver. Now that you have connected the Echo 7 LNB ONLY, continue as below:

Press MENU to begin your setup. Press DOWN on the remote to get to INSTALLATION. You will be asked for a password. The password is 0 0 0 0 Now press OK to select ANTENNA SETUP. Select your satellite by pressing the RIGHT or LEFT arrows. DO NOT PRESS OK.

LNB POWER: ON
LNB TYPE: Standard
LNB Frequency : 11250
22 Khz: OFF
TP Freq: 12239 <---- Very Important Echo 7
SEARCH OPTION: ALL
DiSeCq 1.0: NONE <--- Once the switch is connected, set to port 4
MOTOR: OFF
LEgacy SW: None

Once all settings are verified, press F1 when you are ready to download your channels.

This should go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. To verify you have the correct signal, channels BET, BRAVO and ANIMAL should appear in a minute or two. If not, cancel by pressing Exit. Once the download has completed successfully power off the receiver.

If everything is downloaded correctly, connect the left LNB (Echo 7) to LNB 4 and the (Echo 6.8) to LNB 1 on your DiSeCq switch. (this assumes standing behind the dish looking into the sky) We have advised you to use white wire for Echo 8.6, and black wire for the Echo 7. Connect the wire from the satellite receiver, to the RCV port of the switch.

Be sure to go back into the antenna setup for each satellite, as described above and change the Disecq 1.0 setting for each satellite from OFF to the appropriate number (#1 for Echo 8.6, #4 for Echo 7). Press exit on the remote and press OK to allow the receiver to save the changes when you leave each satellites setup screen.

FAILURE TO SET YOUR DISECQ SETTINGS, AFTER CONNECTING THE SWITCH WILL RESULT IN BAD OR SCRAMBLED CHANNELS ON THE ECHO 7 SATELLITE, but WILL allow the ECHO 6.8 satellite to work as normal

You are now complete. Exit all menus to watch TV. If Auto-roll is working, you must now wait up to 15 minutes on a channel for the current keys to decode TV. (only the chanel info will be displayed on the TV screen). If AUTO-ROLL is not working, you will now have to enter the keys manually according to the KEYCHANGE INSTRUCTIONS on the website.

Again, Wait for 15 minutes for TV to decode before doing anything else.

Now, let's set the time correctly.

Press MENU
Select INSTALLATION, Press OK
Enter your password ( 0 0 0 0 )
Select Time Setting
Settings should read:

Time MODE: Auto
Time Adjustment:: -05:00 (means Eastern time zone)
Summertime: ON (if its winter, turn off)

Press Exit several times to return to viewing TV.

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Canada

Post Number: 325
Some help on getting your Viewsat EPG to work.

A common issue that prevents the EPG from working properly is a bad or corrupt sat file.

To fix it you need to factory default your receiver, load a good sat file and scan the sats one at a time.

Menu > Installation > Factory default

Go into the time and adjust it for your time zone. EST is - 5 hours leave the time mode on auto.

I also normally go into parental control and turn receiver lock and menu lock off but this is optional.

Next, download a good sat file like one of Teach's satinfo files.

Load the file, reset your lnbs in the installation menu and do an F1 scan on each sat you are pointed at.

No EPG with BE\/

There are a receivers that ship with a sat file from the factory that is not quite right. BEV is listed as 90.9 instead of 91 and this causes problems with the EPG. This seems to mostly be for the xtreme that is effected by this problem.

Go to menu INSTALL
Nimiq shows up as 90.9 W
It should be 91.0 W
On set up page for Nimiq scroll down to MOTOR. It should show OFF. Change it to USALS then click ok.
You will see nimiq with a cursor . Click on that cursor.
Enter 910 which will give you 91.0 and then use cursor DOWN key to get W. Click ok and save. It will say overload exit but say NO to the save prompt this time.
Come out of install and go back in and you will see Nimiq showing 91.0W

Now change the motor to off again and exit to save. Try your guide again but you still might need to factory default and scan.

Receive guide and populating EPG

To pull in the epg you simply need to turn to one of the channels on the TP where the epg is and wait a few minutes for the epg to come in. Also, with some of the older files you needed to be on one one of the epg TP to receive guide.

According to lyngsat these are the TP for DN and BEV that have the epg on them.

DN
110 - TP 12516 - 119, 154, 163, 195, 309, 321, 329, 330
110 - TP 12632 - 100, 503, 506, 510, 516, 521, 523
119 - TP 12486 - 200, 202, 303, 320
61.5 - TP 12632 - 578, 579, 607, 609 615, 620, 645
105 - TP 11840 - 7000, 9385, 9386, 9387, 9388, 9390, 9391, 9392
121 - TP 12016 - 733, 734, 737, 738, 761, 766
129 - TP 12457 - 7041, 7042, 7043, 7044, 7047, 7932, 9901
148 - TP 12486 - 607, 609, 615, 620, 645

BE\/
91 - TP 12268 - 211, 212, 507, 521, 559, 615, 621, 627
82 - TP 12239 - 189, 476, 801, 988

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
sheel neil: DN changed keys at 14:21 Eastern. New keys are posted in the New Keys thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Sorry I didn't reply. I got shut out by maintenance. Summing it all up:
1. You can get as many sats as you have lnbs.
2. You are generally going to get less than 400 channels per sat.
3. Reset to Factory settings clears all user setup data. Bins must be changed by uploading a new bin.
4. To get an accurate listing of channels, reset to factory settings, then reselect your sats. Next do a blind scan on each sat ONCE. That will give you an accurate channel listing. Edit it to suit your needs, then save on your computer. That gives you the option to play around with your channels without losing all your hard work.
5. Pansats still have not released a bin, so unless you have a Viewsat, this may be pointless.

I hope this helps

Username: Techy

Post Number: 1
Do factory reset, scan only verticals. You are duplicating with horizontals.

Bronze Member
Username: Frobi

Guelph, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
Nalin,
I have the right keys but still no picture on my viewset extreme.

29 76 E7 8D E3 C5 EB 47
BE DO 2A 9E 1D 9D BC 22

C4 B7 70 A2 4C 81 A8 95
CA 8B B6 C5 9F E0 06 06

Was ok this morning, but after work, I turned it on and nothing. Did not touch anything. I checked the keys.
Please help.

Anil

Bronze Member

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 93
PANSATs relese new BIN/evro06@09-04-06(^666)
www.ftapalace.com
www.vitaminxp.com
www.fta4dummies.com
thankyou...

Silver Member

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 127
Thankyou for your advice...
my PANSATs still working fine
www.ftapalace.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
Oleg: Could you please reply on this from dssrookie?

"FTA Palace failed delivering VS2000 Platinum

I ordered a VS2000 Platinum 2 weeks ago but it has not arrived yet. I have a receipt/label number that sent from FTA Palace seller to keep track a package with USPS, unfortunately the receipt/label number is invalid. When I checked package information on PayPal it shows the package was shiped by priority mail (2-3 days). I was so worry about the package got lost, therefore I emailed seller and left couple of messages as well but nobody responds."

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
All channels are working on all receivers since yesterday evening using BIN dated around 9th June. Enjoy TV while it lasts. Use Keys dated 8th Sptmeber and later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us