DSS and Computer Technology

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 468
I'm sure everyone has noticed that in the last year the DSS community has been relying more and more upon computer technology to "get the job done". Sub-sharing has been out there on web site for a while now, card-sharing now has a visible presence, systems with automatic updates thru the Net are also available.

What makes me nervous is how poorly run these servers are. Why are sites like Future-FTA continuously up and down? Mili's got hacked by a brute force password attack (that should NEVER happen - you admins know what i'm talking about). Neosat's are locking up - could this be as a result of a DOS attack?

My point is: these satellite technology companies, or whatever you want to call them, should improve on their computer skills. Not only are they responsible for keeping themselves safe and offering reliable service, they should also look out for their customers.

Come on guys, we can do better!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4103
Excellent point Jason..they need to spend some money to beef up OUR safety and security when using their servers and sites..this is a 2 way street!....Sites are NOT in business for NOTHING, they all get our money in various ways...so we should all get some Safety and Security in return!... most reputable sites will always ensure that for their own good as well as ours..

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 962
What makes me nervous is how poorly run these servers are

you got that right..........good statement

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 337
There are servers available abroad. You will be surprised how fast a server in UK or Paris can be for North American users.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us