Why only viewsat?

Silver Member
Username: Ariza

Post Number: 118
usually all the bins come quick

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 378
Because all other FTA manufactures have to take VS bin and reverse-engineer it. Takes time.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 442
At one point FTA makers had an agreement to share info. But after the last ECM where VS decided to come out early with the fix, all bets are off. Everyone is on their own now. But still there are some of the other companies working together.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
It would be wise for all of the major FTA vendors to all contribute funds to a brain-trust to find ECM solutions. They could then take the solution and apply it to each of their own bin files. This way their bins still remain proprietary and customers have a quicker response time.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 443
Yes would be nice for all to get together. It's just viewsat and a couple of others who are getting greedy.

Bronze Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 65
Remember when C00LSAT came out with a card solution? They said that other brands were trying to buy their technology...but, it's not the money, it's for those people that had remained loyal to C00LSAT since the beginning, so they will continue to take care of them, and not sell the technology. NEOSAT, C00LSAT, VIEWSAT FTA's are all working. I got 5 PAN-SATS (3500SD), sold 3 of them in ebay last week for $130 each. 4th one is still on auction. 5th one, I'm keeping. Buying a C00LSAT 6K soon to run it with 102 card. C00LSAT/Yellow Card, in my opinion would be the best. Even better than a DN receiver. I have 2 DN receivers, but it's a disaster if hit by ECM. So I'm saving my (2) ROM-102's for C00LSAT. The cards should be safe from ECM if used with C00LSAT, since it's on "SLAVE MODE"...

Bronze Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 66
I may TAKE THAT BACK (MY POST ABOVE).

From Future:
"There are Major Legal Issues for FTA Manfacturers who uses a Card solution. Using a card solution is using dn equipment. I dont see manfactures like C00LSAT being around in the near future as there are Major Major legal issues".

I wonder if this was a paid advertisement by VS.

If that is true, then, there will be no AUX software support, which makes the card USELESS for C00LSAT use.

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
You're first post was correct, TDG.

Don't believe the hype!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us