F*2*A*T*V

Bronze Member
Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 91
Anybody know whether the toolbar the F*2*A*T*V.C*O*M website is asking us to install is safe?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1562
lol, i wouldnt install it.

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 92
That's my inclination too. Too bad, it was a good site.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13313
Most all sites now have their own toolbar...and they are safe!...they are NOT going to release something wrong or bad to their MANY thousands of members

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4393
dantetn and Bjalt : You should not make stupid pronouncement on software about which you do not have the slight clue of origin or functionality.

Tool Bars are easy to write (in software) and there are many free modifiable versions available, so I would be very surprised if any site had a bad toolbar.

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 93
Nalin, You make my point for me. I DON'T have any idea about the origin or functionality of the ActiveX control they are asking me to install. ActiveX can do all sorts of nasty things in the background while hiding behind an innocent looking toolbar. Why do you think XP sp2 makes you specifically allow the installation of ActiveX controls. So let me clarify my question. Has anyone (with the knowledge to do so) looked at the code of the ActiveX toolbar from F*2*A*T*V to see if it has anything malicious? Its a moot point anyway since today they are not requiring the toolbar.

Bronze Member
Username: Xoide007

Post Number: 90
in hard time that most sites are gone for overload of public, the best bet is go to the IRC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us