FTA and CABLE set up

Bronze Member
Username: Doubledlexie

Post Number: 11
hey guys I"m thinking of hooking up cable while waiting for the new BIN but currently the output cable from the fta dish is the same cable that we used to recieved regular cable tv. I just unplugged it and hook it up to the fta satellite. Do I need a splitter or something to recieve both the sat. feed and the cable tv feed from the same cable?? Thanks for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Saks4545

Post Number: 13
what you need is a diplexer or combiner to get both th inputs to the same switch and there will be 1 output going to your tv so you can watch both with the same cable. i sell one for 6.99
sorry for the sales pitch

Bronze Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 27
well shak..let me ask you something...I am thinking to install few dishes.help me understand how many do I need. I am thinking to have one DN dish that will have 119, 110 and 61.5 and then I am thinking about getting DTV too. But I want to get DN dish signal divided for FTA and sub. Can I do that. I mean do I need separate dishes for FTA and DN or can I share one Dish 500 for both. If you have a better idea let me know..thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
you can share the same dish for both fta and sub but with different switches diseq for fta and dn switch for sub provided all the dishes have dual lnbs meaning double signal from the same sat one more thing you are running a huge risk with this setup

Bronze Member
Username: Doubledlexie

Post Number: 12
shak do you have a online store or something? how do I purchase and pay for the switches? do I need several diplexers? one to combine the inputs and one to separate them for every tv I wanna hook up to? Is there any risks involving this, I was just going to pay a local cable guy to hook up the cable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i cant really say how many tvs you want to run at the same time but it will take 1 sat and i cable signal at one time and combine the output to your tv. if you really want to buy i can do cod , diplexers for 5 each plus shipping. let me know at simam28@yahoo.com thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
sorry my email id is simam28@hotmail.com sorry for the oversight
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us