Rom 102 for Newbies

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 92
So you've decided it's time to move to the league of card programmers. Got yourself a good rom 102 card and are wondering where to start. This article is to inform and guide the newbie card programmer in the steps of getting a rom 102 programmed to a receiver, and watching TV.

Hardware items needed:
• Computer
• Rom 102 card
• ISO 7816 Smart Card Programmer (3.68 chip crystal)
• * Jtag for reading and programming the receiver (sometimes optional)
• * Modded unlocker with 4619 chips (sometimes optional)

Software needed:

• Latest N2Edit beta
• Nagra Master Rom 102 Utility
• Nagra Master Support Files
• Latest version of DT Tierworks
• Latest blocker from Penga
• *Jkeys for boxes (optional)
• * Latest version of FlashEdit for editing TSOP's
• * WinExplorer 5.0 (for running modded unlocker scripts)
• * XP Atmel (optional for programming modded loader)

Firmware needed (most important):

The desire and wiliness' to learn

Now with all the needed tools in hand and installed on your computer it's time to begin
Open N2Edit beta, insert rom 102 card face down, chip up, in your ISO card programmer, and check to see if the card is open and readable. Press the read card button. This will tell you if your card is locked or unlocked. If the card is locked stop here. You will now need a modded loader, Winexplorer 5.0, and more reading elsewhere on how to unlock a rom 102. If the card reads, be sure to save the file as something like "MyBin.bn102"

If the box and card are a married and matched pair, where the box and card were previously subscribed to paid programming, the most logical choice is to simply "reactivate" the card. To do this, open DT Tierworks latest version. Select the channels you wish to receive by placing a check mark beside the channel of package name. After you have selected your channels press the "wipeSTD tiers from bin" button.Select the MyBin.bn102 and the tiers will be wiped. It's now time to add PPV's to the card. Select the "create PPV tiers" button. In the 2 open boxes you will add your PPV tier numbers here. As of now, you can use the full open PPV tier. In the first box type 10000 and 99999 in the last box. This will open ALL PPV and adult channels on the card.

You now have a fully activated bin file and are ready to program your card. BEFORE you write this bin to your card you MUST put a blocker on the bin. Find Penga's latest blocker. Be sure to read ALL the instructions. Be sure to edit the password on the blocker so you can get back into the card for further programming at a later date. Copy and paste the blocker into N2edit under "TOOLS" "APPLY PATCH". This is where you will paste the blocker for your new upgraded bin. At this time in the lower part of the blocker press the "APPLY PATCH" button. Your card is now ready to be written to. In N2edit press button with the red right hand arrow in it to write this bin to your card. Make sure the card is inserted into your ISO programmer with the chip up before writing the bin to the card.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Now for what I refer to as the "internet fix". This is where we must change our IRD TSOP to different boxkeys and IRD number. Lets say for instance you are going to use the MAGIC0 public fix. First we must find what our boxkeys and IRD number are from the public fix bin. Open up NagraMaster and with this program open the public bin file you are planning on using. Look to the right hand side of the program after opening the bin and all the information you need can be found there.

Lets say the IRD number is 01E00605. This is the hex equivalent to the decimal number we need. Open up windows calculator, and put it in scientific mode. Click on the HEX button at the top left side and enter the IRD number in hex format. Once you enter the letters and numbers then press the DEC button. You will see that the number from above 01E00605 actually translates into 31458821. This is the IRD number we are looking for. Write it down, because we may be using both the HEX and DEC numbers from the IRD. Just below the IRD number in NagraMaster you will see the boxkeys from the card. This will be 8 bits of information that we will also need. Lets say the boxkeys are 05C7F2D9365B17CF. This will always be 16 letters and numbers mixed. Once again...write them down. We will need them later.

Open up JKEYS, and with your JTAG read the TSOP from your IRD and save it to file. This is the file we will edit with FlashEdit in our next step. Leave Jkeys open and open up FlashEdit. With FlashEdit open press the button at the far right side of the word "file" and find the TSOP you just saved, and click on it. Now open the TSOP with the "open" button near the bottom. Here you can view your current boxkeys and IRD number on your IRD. I prefer to go right to advanced mode in my next step. Look where the IRD # Hex is located near the left. Here you will enter your IRD number in hex format. Don't forget the "0" at the beginning. Just below you will see the boxkeys area. Enter your new boxkeys here. Look for the "fix crc" next to the boxkeys. It probably has a red box next to it now. Put a checkmark in the box. Now click on "save as" and save as personal dump. this is your new TSOP you are going to write to your IRD.

With Jkeys still open you will need to erase the current TSOP on your IRD and write the new one with the new boxkeys and such. Check afterwards to make sure the bin file and the IRD information in Jkeys are the same. If everything has been done properly the numbers should match all the way on both.

You can now take your "internet fix" bin and write to your card, providing the card is open. Make sure if there is a blocker on the bin, to change the password to one of your own.....write it down and remember it. This is your way back into this card. If there is not a blocker, you must write one to the bin before applying to the card. Blocker passwords can usually be found at $9878: on many rom 102 cards and independent blockers.
Insert your card and enjoy TV.

Remember there are many ways of achieving your goal, this is only 2 of the ways that work.

Bronze Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 36
Thank you!!! storyteller I really value all your help and information :-) Saving this post it's very usefull.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Your welcome..to learn more about plastic and Dishnet, go to a reputable forums with the files and more guides such as this..and sponsors who sell the programmers and blockers , and Jtags..along with the latest files needed. Use their Dishnet areas of their forums...its a much different way than FTA

www.dsstester. com
www.dsscommunity. com

Bronze Member
Username: Annonymous

Post Number: 33
wise up guys.
3 days after the big ecm, rom 102's have been up and running fully open.
this is the new battlefield........

Bronze Member
Username: Cfillet

FL USA

Post Number: 19
to use rom 102, Dream Box are needed Correct???

Bronze Member
Username: Babulal

Thanks storyteller, this post is great. I'm new to the rom 102 world, so this might be a dumb question, but I had dish network subscription with their box, cancelled it to switch to FTA, I still have their box, so the question I have is the card that's in the slot of the DN reciever is the rom 102 card you are referencing? Or is there a separate card that I would have to buy (and then follow your steps)?

Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tariqic

Post Number: 47
Will the ROM 102 cards work on CK5 receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Onlyali

Post Number: 72
woow story teller wht a post man, keep it up, nice work done yaar, thx so much :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 265
T, no it will not work.

Babu Lal, yes your card will work *as long as it doesn't have the latest revision*, rev 109, I believe. This is why a blocker is needed. Otherwise your card will be locked and useless.

Bronze Member
Username: Rekman

Longueuil, Quebec CANADA

Story Teller... can you please help me with Bin for Cools**t 5000 platinium... i have ben waiting long time since 22 june 2006... please help me... thank youuuuuu

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 269
I told you MKM..no new bins. gotta wait like the rest of us.

Bronze Member
Username: Rekman

Longueuil, Quebec CANADA

Post Number: 21
ROB MIKA... Lol.. thank you very much my Friend... Lol.. I am really confusing.. I keep on sending messages.. lol... thats the second message i am having from you ROB.. thank for answering me... .......... Lets pray for the BIn to arrive...

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 271
Amen

Bronze Member
Username: Turnon

Post Number: 96
Yeah a new bin will be nice right about now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thanks Jason, is there a way I can check if my card has a rev 109 or not?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 96
For all of you who are looking for another resource about rom102, www.bellexpress*vu (replace * with .)

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
babu, you need an iso programmer to read the card for the revision number.

If you're going to get into plastic, you will need some equipment and extra skills - just to forewarn you.

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 22
turn reciver on ... pull out card ... wait for a few min a screen with appear... use remote to go to next rev number will appear

Username: Ramsub

Brampton, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi
Got Cooltec Multistar. came back after a 3 week vacation. all channels gone. Any new fix.
Help

Bronze Member
Username: Yanniss

Post Number: 23
we aprreciat this copy and past that dont help much . tell me where to go and get information on how to unlock the card i have one i bcan not unluck it tell me mister . we do read but where to go step by step how to unlock . none so we will spend money time and not getting anything . thanx for tought little more explanation will help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i love when poeple after any post try to be polite and say wowwwwww thank you it very helful information hahahaha ok so try to do it and see you will never ever make it work and unlock a card and program it unless you seee actually video instruction or detial step by steps all this shitttttt are very c0onfusing and if someone argue please try to by everything mentioned and see if u can do it other than poepel who already have exp[erience with thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bronze Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 40
Some of us have experience . I us to do my HU cards for Direct TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Rufa33

Post Number: 62
Ram .... READ and READ ... there is no new bin or keys. wait as others....

yanniss, J Dawg have a very good site that explain the steps with pictures at www.bellexpress*vu (replace * with .) If you can't understand it, then don't do it. It's not 1+1 but much more than that. Need some skills.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
danny i will but i wanna say really it's great when u see poeple caring and responding with wwhat ever they can tyo help me or others . this make me feel better than the fix and think of there are plenty of brothers out there even tough we dont see each other . thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
its people like yanniss that makes people like me, to NEVER want to post or help here again!...this site caters way TOOOOOO much to newbies!

Silver Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 135
thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
story-teller dont start your offence on newbies you were newbie and u still newbie . and nothing wrong with someone who wanna know things that he does not know . im using this stuff for very longtime . i was doing plastic then switch for aperiod of more than 2 years to fta so no need in being like this we did not offence u in anyway . and make yourself happy not to post here anything if u think that's right for you . you come up with idea i come up with an other and that's why we call it testing and learning . no matter what you do and how much stuff u know when something new, never done it before, it
s always confusing . take it easy have nice summer vacation bye guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I am far from being a newbie, beleive me..Your negative comments ("not much info, don't help much") about my post were not appreciated!...I have not seen any positive learning posts from you...why do U bash people that post in a helpful positive manner?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I have a yellow card with "Dish 500" logo on the front. In the back, there isn't a number that starts with either 101, 102 or 103...there is a number by the barcode starting with S00-288...anyone know what type of card is that? Rom 101/102? Can it be unlocked?

Bronze Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 74
Put it in a reciever and go to menu, setup, system info. Click next till it tells you.

Bronze Member
Username: Good_old_boy

Post Number: 12
Nice post storyteller Thanks

Username: Kash_without_kash

Post Number: 2
I have ROOM 101 card will it work with my reciever ? or i need ROM 102

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
When is a JTAG to a reciever needed? If i had a sub with DN, still have receiver and rom card, do i still need to jtag the reciever or would i have to just unlock my card for free channels?

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 187
Good post Storyteller. Thanks for the info.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
OPEN Nagra 2 ROM 102 cards ready to be programmed LIMITED QUANTITIES #35
Open ROM102 cards ready to be programmed with an ISO programmer (sold separately)
LIMITED QUANTITIES ONLY GET IT WHILE THEY LAST
Details

Quantity 25 item(s) available
Price: $169.00

www.dssmili.com

Username: Dishman7700

Post Number: 9
Hey guys, I tried to find the rev for the card as u guys suggested above but can't get to the screen. All i see is the IMPORTANT SYSTEM INFORMATION. and below it is the model # reciever # and on and on

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
DISH YELLOW CARD GUIDE

1010001P04 -- 288-12 - ?????? -- S 00 ???? xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1010001P04 -- AA-05 - 108659 -- S 00 6037 xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1010001P04 -- AA-05 - ?????? --- S 00 6045 xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1010001P04 -- AA-05 - 108659 -- S 00 6084 xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1010001P04 -- AA-06 - 108659 -- S 00 6121 xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1010001P04 -- AA-06 - ?????? --- S 00 6123 xxxx - xx = ROM 101
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 5788 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6265 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6283 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6408 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - ?????? --- S 00 6476 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6491 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6563 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P07 -- AA-07 - 115434 -- S 00 6845 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1020001P06 -- AA-06 - 115434 -- S 00 6909 xxxx - xx = ROM 102
1030001P07 -- AA-06 - 120229 -- S 00 6140 xxxx - xx = ROM 103
1030001P06 -- SW-03 - 127697 -- S 00 6145 xxxx - xx = ROM 103

SW-02 - 127843 - S 00 3117 xxxx - xx = ROM S01
SW-04 - 132037 - S 00 3891 xxxx - xx = ROM S02

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Recent Yellow CAMs - Yellow, Red Arrow, No Logo Icons:

SW-01 is a ROM102 - Plain and simlpe - lol!

SW-02 is an S01 - Nothing yet Publicly available to allow TESTing.

SW-03 is (I believe!) a ROM103 - Plain and simple - lol!!

SW-04 is an S02 - Nothing yet Publicly available to allow TESTing.

The SW-01, SW-02, and SW-04 are for use in a single tuner IRD. The SW-03 ROM103 is for use in a dual tuner IRD. I have gotten 301-010 IRDs and 7100/7200 PVRs with SW-02 and SW-04 CAMs in them. BE CAREFUL if someone wants to sell you a "Yellow Card" or an IRD/PVR with a "Yellow Card" in it, it could well be an SW-02 or SW-04 CAM.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
The easiest way to tell what type card you have is to put it in the dish reciever with the sat feed disconnected and press the info button on the remote. That will pull up the system info screen. Look for the numbers that starts with S0.

Post Number: 10
Storyteller, thanx for the help. Can i use 2700 reciever?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
sure can..DN/echostar 2700...not FTA pansat 2700

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 50
Storyteller not bashing you ! But have to ask why you post here when there are far better sites to post on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
You first!

Bronze Member
Username: Kcnda

Post Number: 13
Storyteller is right you First. What now?

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 64
Just seen this post and my answer is just look at the rest of the posts here.

Username: The_kneeger

Post Number: 6
just seen this post and my answer to you is...why the fccuk you still here?...you said you were leaving so get fcuking lost jackazz....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
to answer...I post here because there are some (minority) newbies that really are good people that want to know and learn and will put the effort in to do the reading...and for some strange reason they will not go to a REPUTABLE DSS site like dsstester.c*om or dsscommunity.c*om, where the site is not full of trash talkers and there are plenty of freindly people and many files and 'How To" manuals to read and learn from..

Silver Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 200
not talking to you thrill...i was talking to ong tu, he said he was leaving....then get fcuking lost ong tu...as for what thrill said, take my word on this..that website www.dsscommunity.c*om spams off your email, within a week you will have like 20 spams a day...stay away...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Annonymous

Post Number: 51
the everlasting feud.........

Mr. LK (white trunks). vs .Mr. Kneegrrow (pink panties)

Username: Bucknshelley

Post Number: 6
Storyteller... Shelley here...I'd like to sincerely thank you for the great information you have provided for the newbies (mostly me)
As far as the other sites that you mentioned... I was unaware of those until recently. I just stumbled across this forum when I was searching for a program for my pansat. At the time... I enjoyed most of the posts by a variety of people. However, I too have noticed the short fused individuals. I will not bash anyone.. nor do I feel compelled to feed into the negativity. I just chose to be a "lurker" for awhile... until I was comfortable asking someone for help. I'm now exploring the other sites listed.
As I said, the info you provided was above and beyond what I expected to read... thank you again for the insightful post! Now... with all that said... I wonder how I turn this computer on and off (just kidding! "brunette's blonde moment!")

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
here's 2 other very good sites for newbies doing plastic DN and Bev cards...these specialize in plastic "testing"....and they both have sponsors selling hardware.

[link removed]
www.kickinchickin.org

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
seems like i have rom 101. can that be programed

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
No good. Get rom102 that has a rev lower than 109.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us