DVD Recording - Industry Failure.

Username: Btimsah

Oklahoma City, OK United States

Post Number: 1
Okay, after reading around here I've noticed one thing. The video industry has really dropped the ball on media conversion.

In a world with HDTV's and Upconversion, I dare you to find a DVD-uprecorder (my word) with some sort of high-quality IN PORTS. NOT out ports.

For instance, on my DVD-RECORDER.. I have NOT ONE HIGH QUALITY IN PORT, except s-video. I need a DVD recorder/upconverter with either component or HDMI IN. So, I stroll over to best buy to find a dvd recorder that will allow me to run my HDDVR to the dvd player, so I can record.

One problem.. there is no such thing. Row after row of dvd recorders and not one of them has a HDMI OR COMPONENT IN PORT, so I CAN EASILY record to it.

Yes, it's true that I CAN RECORD TO DVD, but it's certainly not easy. More importantly, it's almost impossible to know exactly what to buy untill you've allready screwed up.

In a nutshell, all DVD upconverting recorders should have some HD-compatable IN PORTS!!!

Username: Btimsah

Oklahoma City, OK United States

Post Number: 2
Oh yeah, my HD-DVR with directv only has 1 component output, and 1 a/v output.

HDMI out is available, but of course the damn dvd burner only has HDMI OUT and COMPONENT OUT. This stuff is maddening!

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 154
and fcuking what does this have to do with DSS...go post your fcuking problems in the right forum..we don't want to hear about your problems here...we have our own to figure out...ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Dicks_ndickweeds

Bonerland, USA Country Music

Post Number: 30
I think this is so you can't copy a dvd in its' original resolution. With those boxes to defeat macrovision you can copy dvds from a player to a recorder. Even the old boxes that worked for defeating macrovision protection on vhs vcr's will work on today's dvd recorders.

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 132
SOMETIMES, PEOPLE CAN'T FIND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, SIMPLY, BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE WRONG ISLE. LIKEWISE, ASKING FOR DVD BURNER, AT THE SATELLITE SECTION. IT'S EITHER STUPIDITY, OR A COMPLEMENT, AS HE BELIEVES THAT WE KNOW BETTER THAN THOSE GUYS THAT SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
I'D TAKE AS A COMPLEMENT.
AT THIS POINT OF TIME, YOU WILL NOT FIND IN THE MARKET A STAND ALONE DVD PLAYER, RECORDER THAT RECORD IN UPCOVERSION FORMAT/RESOLUTION IN US OR CANADA. IF YOU ARE INTO ARCHIVING HD VIDEOS, THE ONLY WAY TO GO IS SAVE THEM INTO HARD DRIVES AS IT IS, AND RECORD THEM ONTO HD DVD'S WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABE. NOTE THAT I CHOSE THE WORDS: HARD DRIVES (WITH S), HD RECORDER, AND HD DVDRs.
Those words are are self explanatory.
IF I DID NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, GO TO RADIO SHOCK, you might get a free cell phone too out the door.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us