FINALLY A WORD ON NEW BIN FROM VERACITY!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Uncle_charlie

Post Number: 29
Moments ago over at !!!!thashhu.comm Veracity(moderator and spokesperson for VS) ANSWERED A QUESTION IN A THREAD???When will the new patches be out? Veracity answered sometime this week.

The thread is posted on the front page by Veracity.Near the last post on this thread he states this.

This is probably the most accurate yet.Now I dont own a VS,but have 3 Pansat 2700a, but this could be the best news in quite some time.Veracity doesnt usually go out on a limb to far.

Bronze Member
Username: Cfillet

FL USA

Post Number: 17
Charlie I don't believe in religion but I will pray that your post is true!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
We have had far to many jokes and gag threads here.I am sick of them myself.

This does not mean it will come to pass but its the best news I have heard yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 48
OK IF we accept all the good news abut new bins, Could any one tell how long new bins going to survive?

Silver Member
Username: Jmontana1

Post Number: 215
another BS! veracity is in limbo!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hey John,are you saying you dont believe me? I would not blame you because of the BS on this site.Im not saying it will happen,im just saying that was the answer Veracity gave to the question by a poster.Are you questioning that I said something here that is inaccurate? Because all you have to do is go to hash hu and read it.Just wasnt sure if you where saying I made it up? I did not make it up.

You said Veracity was in limbo,did not quite understand what you meant by that.

Username: Rcorrea69

Post Number: 2
I saw a fix for pansat on dsscentral. Is this one real?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
NO ITS NOT REAL!!!!! But more good news from Veracity for those that doubt.The thread off the hashhu front page is entitled CATCH 22. Post #27 Veracity says a bin will be released this week.UPDATE now on the same thread at post # 47 he VERACITY says this again...I fully expect a bin to be released this week for the current ecm.

Hes got info....Check out the thread if you doubt.

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 87
I said there are several reasons why source will NEVER be released. One is the sig in the code, another is the clone problem, another is the providers would then have enough informatioon to end FTA piracy..There are even more reasons, but rest assured discussing it here will alter nothing. These companies will NEVER release source code. Personally, I'm glad, then the responsibility for a fix falls on them and they DO have the $$$ and resources that we don't... I fully expect to see solutions released this week for the latest ECM..

Bronze Member
Username: Xcable

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 68
Veracity said he fully expects a solution to this ECM this week! Must say, Good news from someone reliable.

Bronze Member
Username: Cfillet

FL USA

Post Number: 18
Im with Charlie and xcableman on this one.. Hackers! Hackers! Hackers!.....storyteller your name says it all, stop telling false stories!!!!

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1269
storytellers talking about the source code, not the fix carl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88

Catch 22.... by Veracity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought this excellent post here for our members from another forum to help explain our current "Catch 22". Thanks Lightwriter
---------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwriter
As I read these posts, two things come to mind. One, there is a lot of money to be made in FTAland and that has been the impetus to get the coding to be correct and work. A lot of people have said why Charlie and not Dave? Charlie worked with FTA at first on a less cash intensive basis than trying to decode Dave. Now they are forced to work on a very difficult level to achieve a miracle...not because of tring to serve those who have purchased FTA, but for future purchases and products of hardware. This is simple economics. No hardware other than a card was tied in with Dave...maybe some money to be made from updating cards, but not the sums involved with FTA.

I have been around since the VideoCipher codes and BUD's...a lot of changes...a lot of doorstops...

I appreciate all the hard work, and hope the coders are successful. However, without all those units ready to be sold, do you really think they would be working so hard? Please don't get me wrong....they want to keep their past customers satisfied so they can sell all the upcoming PVRs and HD....

Second....if everyone wants to work together, maybe they should work together as a real team and not just buying from each other. However, if one company is successful, they shouldn't be expected to hand over the goodies or having the others "steal" it. I hate the idea of "stealing" from each other...just create a "brain trust" and fund it maybe. Charlie, Bev & whoever are going to try more and more difficult procedures and it will take a lot of brain power to keep up with them. I appreciate VS is putting in the money and time to do it right...Good luck!

Just my opinion...for whatever it is or is not worth....
---------------------------------------------------------

My reply.

There are very valid points to your post. However the reality of the situation is that nobody wants to share anything in their zeal for TV. Coders who originally cracked the cards have an honest dislike for FTA. They have some valid reasons for this as the FTA makers use their work to build a rep and make money. Getting the ENTIRE community to share info is a noble thought, but has about as much of a chance as a snowball in hell. One of the reasons that people dislike me & a few others is that in some cases we act as a go between for FTA & card hackers. This is a slow painstaking process to get & disseminate information from 1 faction to feed to the others. FTA isn't afforded the luxury of being able to share their source code with the hard core coders & hackers that broke the cards. This leaves an uneven playing ground, and makes it much harder to assimilate and gather any useful information. VS acknowleges this and is attempting to gather their own information from the card and card coders, and occasionaly I & others have been of limited help to them in their quest. This time however is very different. Coders are very tight lipped about the latest hash in hopes that FTA will fail & the hobby will revert back to the days where you had to have a card and know coding to be able to enjoy TV. This is a much more agreeable rate of piracy for the providers. They do have valid reasons for not sharing info. FTA has their valid reasons for not even being able to contemplate releasing their source code. One very important reason is the manufacturers signature & name are all thru the source, leaving them wide open for litigation from providers. Let alone the fact that once released, providers would be able to see how to best attack FTA and render them useless for piracy. We find ourselves in a very nasty catch 22 situation that you & I have caused by pushing FTA popularity to it's current proportions. With over 1 million hacked boxes out there and more flooding the country every day, make no mistake about it, Nagrastar is taking their signal integrity campaign very seriously now, and we've seen more activity from them recently than ever before in the entire history of Nagrastar to this point.

Will FTA be successful against this hash? Yes, but the info needed to defeat or reverse engineer what has happened is coming slower than ever before with a higher pricetag. MAP57 is only the tip of the ice berg and a full emu of the Rom 102, rev 1.09 only means that it will emu this hash as well as previous hash's, but there's no way to know what will come next, so to say that we won't be down again, even with a full emu is ludicrous. I hope people didn't misunderstand that from any of my previous posts. A full emu running on FTA after this hash will however most likely mean faster fixes in the future for the companies that have this implemented and understand all the protocols and routines. They will in fact be able to sell other companies the latest algo patch to get other units back up & running. The REAL problems will be when Nagrastar starts checking Eeprom AND Rom, not ONLY FTA will be going down then. Thats when our old DTV hackers will surface & shine bright as we draw a little bit closer to a unified responce against providers ECM's. Relax, It ain't over YET!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 261
Great post, storyteller!

Piracy (and, yes, that's exactly what it is) is a continual game of geek intellect.

The more complex a system, the more that can go wrong with it - or, it at least, it will have more "holes" to exploit.

I think the game is far from over.

Username: Fatbastard

10 Albany Rd. Tonawanda, N.Y

Post Number: 6
OK IF we accept all the good news abut new bins, Could any one tell how long new bins going to survive?[......]

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 95
Fatbastard - maybe a week, maybe 2, who knows. No guarantees, bins will work until a new ECM, or maybe they will survive a new ECM, but likely they won't... noone knows.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 263
I think that bins will evolve to be able to process the revisions that come down to the IRDs. This will mean that the bins will have to fully emulate rom102, but it can be done.

But, for sure, DN will come up with a new type of ECM... and we start all over.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Glad to hear that you all agree this is good news.Im encouraged,after hearing your responses.Veracity obviously believes this to be true.Because when/if its not, there will be people calling him on it.I wont call him on it.

There are 2 occasions in that thread where he says he believes it will be out this week.Now I dont even have a VS,I actually sold one last week on ebay.I thought I was lucky to unload it.

Silver Member
Username: Jmontana1

Post Number: 221
i didn't see anything that says the fix is coming next week!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Veracity is the same guy who predicted the cmd 7 ECM on June 1 st earlier and that Viewsat would have the first fix..he's batting 1000 so far..

he's also the first to actually let people know of the problems with the fix and how the plastic coders and FTA coders have a strong dislike for each other and why they did NOT and will not team together..and we all know Viewsat bought the alog already and have the source code..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
John...this is posted above!

Post #27 Veracity says a bin will be released this week.UPDATE now on the same thread at post # 47 he VERACITY says this again..."I fully expect a bin to be released this week for the current ecm."

Bronze Member
Username: Kingusama

Post Number: 65
well the question now is wht day this week??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
And for some reason the post that was at # 47 is now at # 43.Not sure why it changed.Veracity spoke again on a different thread this AM.He just said "the bin will be out very soon,you watch"

Probably turn out that there was never a Canadian and a Korean in a room togeather with a laser beam from the uss enterprise.

Username: Rgb360

Post Number: 2
"Probably turn out that there was never a Canadian and a Korean in a room togeather with a laser beam from the uss enterprise"

consider the sorce people.... if you believed that crap, then your going buy into this crap too....

you people are so gullible.

ths week will come and go w/out a fix, excuses-excuses but wait they will have a fix.... a ba ua um, Im mean.... another story.... just wait.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Hey RGB,That was a joke about the USS Enterprise.

Get a life as they say.As for consider the sorce? Last I heard Veracity was a good source and one of the few that is mostly well respected by all in the fta world.

It was reported that a Canadian and a Korean where going to be put in a room togeather with some type of laser scope.I think you might find after the fix comes out that ,this probably was not true.

Bronze Member
Username: Zanco

Post Number: 22
Storyteller,

Very interesting view you have and makes sense, now if we can get the dam card coders to get together with the FTA coders we might have somehting ehh? Schit, very interesting game this is... but nice post to say the least...

Username: Wardo

CHarlottetwon, PE Canada

Post Number: 1
I am new to this place I have a Viewsat Platnium, just wondering what is going on with it, I have everything but XXX and PPV

and why are you guys always fighting here, I have been reading for a while and just registered and you all fight about free TV, it is free, good lord, be happy it is free

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 186
First of all Matt, Satellite providers are sending an ECM right now so that you cannot watch their programs for free. Most people here watch Dish Net so they have less channels than Bev, which is probably what you have. Current ECM started in latter part of June.
Secondly, everyone here is waiting for a fix so that they can once again view all channels for free. As for the fighting and namecalling, it is commonly attributed to lack of P0rn channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Boricuazo

Post Number: 58
i personaly think is a lot of bs!!!!!!!!
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Card coders do not consider FTA as REAL testing, since all you do is slap a bin into a receiver in 2 seconds..compared to plastic, FTA is kids play..true card coders have been around along time compared to FTA..

Username: Rgb360

Post Number: 3
"this probably was not true."

of course its NOT true.... just like this c/p crap you posted.

and as for your source.... his rep goes down every day b/c its total bs.... why? b/c he's selling you HOPE so you wana-be believers will buy more boxes, and while we wait, they spin more bs so they can keep selling.

and yes' time will tell that Im right, and he's full of it... You will see this week will come and go without a fix, and he/they will spin another excuse to keep manipulating you.

btw: not insulting you, im TELLING YOU' if you believe his b/s,' you, like most on here, are gullible.

Bronze Member
Username: Raging_fisher

Post Number: 57
I believe VERACITY. Hasn't led me astray yet. He's tied in with the coders.

This ofcourse is not the end of the world!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us