Nimiq 1 Setup

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 311
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying for the past 2 days to get Nimiq 1 but I just can't. I an able to get Echo 1.2, Echo 7, and Echo 8.12, which are 148, 119, and 110 respectively. I saw that Nimiq 1 was about 33 degrees more towards the south than Echo 7 so I moved it 33 degrees to the south, and then I saw that it was about 10 degrees higher so I put it at 10 degrees higher. I then checked my TV and nothing. I when back and fiddled around a bit more but still no signal. BTW I was doing all of this with a signal meter, so it was a bit helpful. I have a Pansat 2500A and I live in Toronto. Could someone please tell me why I am not able to get Nimiq 1?

Bronze Member
Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Atlantic oce... USA

Post Number: 30
I am getting it no problem with 2700a and old dtv standard lnb dish.I am in southeast usa though.Maybe your horizon line is off.

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 261
use this site to find the proper look angle.

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Username: Cld_canada

Post Number: 4
I have the same problem .. I am not able to get nimiq 1 nimiq 2 either.. I tried to move my dish so that it points to 82 W but it always look for 121. In one of the thread its mentioned if I move the dish, in the favorites , in one of the channel it should say in the bottom 82. but it alwas says 121. Is it somethign I need to change in the receiver.. I have pansat 2500A clone.

Bronze Member
Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 39
do you have to be in canada to get nimeq1?if not how do you find the right setup and I heard you can use directv with single lnb is this true?any help would be great

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 262
You don't have to be in Canada for bev..setup angle here> http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/ and the only way to get direct tv is to subscribe to it.

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 312
Rob, that is the website that I am using but as I said, it will not pick up the signal, what do I do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I know i can't get directv,I was asking can i use a directv dish with lnb to get the nimeq 1?

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 79
You can use a DTV dish with single LNB to get 82W or 91W...both bev..91W is the better..just use the calculator above to help you align the dish, have the latest bin uploaded with default keys set, autoroll off, and scan the satellite..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
storyteller -how many channels roughly?

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 83
bill...you shouldn'rt speak so badly of LK..he has helped you many times without your knowledge..

91W now...150

Bronze Member
Username: Terryhhh

Post Number: 23
nimiq is difficult to find I am in vancouver and my dish is on the ground!!! don't know the #s but PATIENCE WORKS WELL!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ww228king

Post Number: 14
i tuned into 91 and all i get is scrambled or bad channel on everything....what do i need to do

Bronze Member
Username: Zenn

Post Number: 16
HOW FAR IS 91 FROM 82 BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT i KEEP HITTING

Bronze Member
Username: Qwerty43

Post Number: 12
Rob, I tried to use the satelite calculator you listed above, but it keeps telling me it can not calculate that satelite. It says it is for north west hemisphere only. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1268
jason: Make sure you have the correct keys in place for provider 0901.

kelly: If you're hitting 82, you need to be roughly an lnb's width to the right (facing behind the dish)

qwerty43: It depends where you live and you need to be in the following footprint (see image)
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Xmongra

Post Number: 35
For Toronto: Nimiq 1
Elevation 38 degrees
Azimuth 205 Degrees

Bronze Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 32
You need two people .... One on the roof or where ever the dish is. The other by the TV and receiver.
The one on the roof aims the dish. The one by the receiver calls out the signals.
When you think its right you scan for channels. If it is a miss and you get nothing... repeat steps one and two .... This may take hours but it works also LOL. One more sudjestion, if you have many trees in the scanning area of the sky, cut them down you get a better signal.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1270
To add to Doreens suggestion, load a channel list that has BEV in it and then tune to a channel and then muck around with the dish until the picture comes in. That way you don't have to scan for channels and can assume that you have the alignment correct when the picture comes in. If you have no one to help you and you have one of those portable DVD players with the 7" screen, just take that up to the roof with your receiver and than you can move the dish while viewing the channels. Again, wait until the picture comes in and you're good to go.
Also, use a satcalc (as the one Rob provided above) to make aiming easier.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1443
To add to Tyler and Doreens suggestions. Watch your steps, if you can see any channels do not jump this action can be harmful for your health (can fall from roof), and take care cuting the threes. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 56
210 degrees, and 38 degrees elevation for me,
strong signal. my dish is on the ground also. JUst testing settings and they work. in TO.

Username: Mba

Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico

Post Number: 8
Can anyone tell me please what are the settings i should set before I start looking for the satellite Nimiq 1?, i mean what are LNb frecuency, kind of LNB, Tp Number... These settinngs are so importante before star looking for this satellite (for pansat 2700A)
I really appreciate your help

Bronze Member
Username: Kjniceguy

Lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 75
<<<Was ingenious and brought a small tv up on the roof with me...Needed extra Cable which ran from the reciever, but i did it by myself...If people currently have DN 8.6 i moved my dish about 1 inch east and started receiving Bev signal....Must make sure that Nimiq1 has correct Mhz ..11250 .i know that when i changed to New Bin it was different.

Bronze Member
Username: Kjniceguy

Lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 76
Ok One More thing...Im not sure what Skew is in Reference of other than in Setup it asks for it...I just looked up using Look-angle Calculator and it states im suppose to has a 71.8 skew...Can someone help as to what i am suppose to do with this Info?

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 66
You don't really need any skew adjustments unless you are using multiple LNB dishes. On dishes designed for 1 LNB, with Echostar 3,5,6/8 & 7, as well as Nimiq 1 & 2, you don't need any skew adjustments. They are circular polarization signals
( Left & Right corkscrewing signals ) , not like the
linear polarization ( Horizontal & Vertical ) which need to be fine-tuned precisely for proper results.
However, if you are using a dish made for 2 or more LNBs, for picking up E6/8 & 7, or Nimiq 1 & 2, whose difference is 9-degrees from one satellite to the other, then you can find out, according to your approximate location, how many degrees + or - from horizontal you need to skew the entire dish.

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 59
Sorry I might sound stupid but could ny one tell me that after getting signals for 91 W Can I just start Auto Scan or do I have to load the bins for BEV Nimiq first?. Are bins for (82,91) , 97 and (DN 110,119,121) are different from each other? And If I have only one reciever will I have to give up the current setup of DN to try Nimiq setup??
Could any one also give the forum address where I culd get the channels and bin files for NIMIQ.
Thanks in advance

Username: Diegox

Santo Domingo, D.N. Dominican Rep

Post Number: 1
I pointed my dish to Nimiq 1. Have the keys, but only get two viewable channels with blind search. How can I fix this?
Can someone help me?

Username: Shutdafucup

Post Number: 3
does anyone have an updated channel list for bev?

Bronze Member
Username: Concorde

Post Number: 17
get a transponder number with a strong signal

Username: Gto

Post Number: 2
does anyone get RAI Inter. on SID # 701

Silver Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 134
not me

Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 8
why would anyone want to watch that shiat?...fcuking RAI...who cares about that, I would rather watch paint dry or you sister spread her legs...ROTF

Username: Diegox

Santo Domingo, D.N. Dominican Rep

Post Number: 2
yes, 12341

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 61
Real Neegro Just Shut Up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help