Motorized dish question.

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 131
In the future, I would like to be able to get ALL satellites available to my area NY. I think I want to buy a motorized dish that moves around sucking up all signals.
I see homes with 2 or 3 dishes on their roofs. Why don't they use a motorized dish?

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 33
I am going to do that ,just put DN feed on my old 10 ft. system

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 132
I will have to call the same satellite professional who came here to install my double LNB dish 500. I want him to set the motorized dish to read all that Lingsat shows.

Bronze Member
Username: Lebrimal

Post Number: 17
hard to do it, I got a big dish with a motor, It was hard for me get the true south from CT, satellite SBS6 I spent days in the roof, now I have two dishes...

Username: Aae2k2

Post Number: 8
Ive gotta 30" dish w/ PM900 and its great....but as mario said, its tough to get it all setup, it took me 2 days of trial & error, then finally went out and bought a m@gellin handheld GPS and I nailed it first time.....good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 24
Anyone with a big dish should upgrade to 4dtv, and slave a DVB (fta) receiver to the system, a c/ku feed will be best to get the most channels, a DN lnbf is not worth it to put up because it is circular 4dtv feeds and dvb ku-band feeds are linear, with a setup like this you will have more channels than any other system on both c/ku, and the best picture and sound money can buy.

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 83
I got a 30" with an dual polarity Invacom lnb. Took me a while to align it, but the info is out there to do it, you just need some good tools and plenty of patience... I'd never go back to stationary dishes, I have forgotten the look of my roof I haven't been there in so long.

Username: Robsonr

Post Number: 1
Creek:

There are advantages and disadvatages on both sides. If you use LNB switch, switching between satellites is faster than moving the dish to the position. On the other hand if you want to catch all the satellites on your horizont, it's not really practical to have 30+ dishes on your property. Even you would use multifocal dishes the cost of LNBs would be quit high.
I have motorized system 120cm dish. It takes lot of time and patience to get it setup. First you have to poll either fixed to the house of fixed in the ground and it has to be absolutely vertical, otherwise you will not be able to set the motor properly.
Just to set the motor to track all the satellites on the horizont it's easily one day :-(
This is very good site to get the info about setting up motorized system.
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor797917

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us