How do u know if u have a clone?

Bronze Member
Username: Bh4v

USA

Post Number: 11
I was wondering how do u figure out if u have a clone box. cuz i have a Pansant 3500sd and i don't know if a clone or a real 1 if any 1 know it would be helpful.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 22
If is says PANSAT on it then it is real. If it says something like PANSATICH or MEGASAT or PANTECH, then its a clone.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1144
sometimes it's not so easy.
here is a pic of a 2700A and a rip off which might not necessarily be considered a clone as what Omar says is true. Clones tend to have different names, but rip offs or knock offs try pass themselves off as the real deal.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Are you sure its not the other wat around? I mean the Fake one says Pansat on the top, and the real doesnt??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
I'm sure.
Notice the on/off switch and the bar code and build date sticker. Also notice the darker color of the fake, not the brighter silver that the true Pansat has.

That Pansat sticker I think might be used in Canada, and they've just attached it to the fake to make it look better??? So if you're in Canada and have that sticker don't worry. Pay more attention to the other points.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
O, ok thanks. My 2500a has that wite sticker and also the on off switch, actually says on/off. So its real?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1146
Yes, I'd say it real.
Plus, have you loaded true Pansat bins and not fried you receiver. That's the true test.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Yeah I have.

Bronze Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 34
Most of the differences mentioned only applies to the 2500a clones. As of now there are clones for the 2700a and the 3500a that are identical to the real Pansats, right down to the "authentic" Pansat hologram sticker in the front of the box.
My neighbor has one which I had to jtag a week ago because the BL bin fried it. The only difference between his and mine (real Pansat) was the fact that the control did not have Pansat written on it and it had a cheaper look to it. Other than that they were pretty much the same.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
LOL, well I guess one should try to find a P/S or S/N and contact Pansat to check.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1147
Those 2700/3500 fakes have a different look to the vents on the top.
I may be inverting the thought but the Pansats have rounded vents while the fakes have a more square look.
Also (going by memory), the bottom of the fake is flat but the Pansat has some shape to it.
There's a post in the archive which has the info in detail.

And I believe the picture above is that of a fake/real 2700A.

Bronze Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 40
No, the picture above is of a 2500a. Notice the manufacture date of november 2004? Pansat did not make 2700a until after. Also the vents on the top of the 2700a clone look exactly like the vents on the real 2700a. As soo as I can i will ask my neighbor to lend me his box so I can post some pictures comparing both.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Just get a P/N and call Pansat to check.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
Man those archives have some cobs webs in them. Finally found the thread I was talking about earlier.
Orig posted by thill1951:

This is how to tell. Please read it carefully. This was sent to Pansat dealers! Summary of Counterfeit Product Characteristics

The paint color on counterfeit satellite receivers is greenish silver. There is a noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel's color. Authentic Pansat satellite receivers are produced in a "Sony silver" color.

A vinyl protection sheet, which is typically adhered to the top of the satellite receiver, is missing in the counterfeit product. Authentic products always have a protective vinyl sheet applied to them in case of damage during transportation.

Counterfeit receivers have top cover ventilation holes which are noticeably square shaped rather than a smooth, round shape as the authentic model has.

The bottom chassis of counterfeit receivers are flat whereas authentic receivers have several more, upward-punched, square shaped holes.

Counterfeit models have a sticker label listing UL (safety standard) and FCC compliance on the back panel. Sticker label format has been discontinued and is no longer used to list UL and FCC compliance. Authentic models have a UL & FCC clause directly printed onto the metal on the back of the receiver and should be accompanied by a small sticker indicating the month of the product's manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 -- (SB)).

A serial number is not attached on both the gift box and the unit (back or bottom) on counterfeit satellite receiver models. It appears as an alpha-numeric listing such as "4G4- " on the FCC sticker label. There is a possibility that a completely fake serial number may be created and attached on counterfeit units in the future. Authentic Pansat satellite receivers will list an eight (8) digit serial number consisting of year, month, unit sequence & other numbers and is located on the bottom of the receiver chassis and on the top side of gift box.

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 159
hi tyler can you please send me a real picture of a viewsat extreme. because i dont want to fry my reciver when the bins come out. thank you very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 23
Just make sure the on/off switch is mounted vertically. The fakes have on/off switch mounted horizontally. This is the picture of a REAL one.
Notice the vertical switch on the upper right.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Yo Tyler...this doesn't make any sense...my "Pansat" 2500a has that vinyl covering, its "Sony silver"...but it has that white sticker and the S/N starts exactly like 4G4-followed by a numberical 5 digit stamped code. Then, my remote does NOT say pansat on it. I loaded Pansat bins and no fryage has occured!!!!!!!!!!WTF is it? Real or fake?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1192
I'd say real.
My 2700 has the sticker but has all other features of a real one so I assume it's real.
Notice the on off switch. Actually says on and off vs the O/I of the fake.
I too have loaded many pansat bins without frying my receiver, but then again, some clones don't get fried while other do. In the end it works. Ask where you got if from or as you suggested get the P/N number and call Pansat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Well Tyler I got it off on of these "unknown (behing the garbage dump) stores" lolz...anyway, u said that if the bin starts with 4G4- then its fake and I dont wanna risk having pansat ask me retarded questions...o well as long as it doesnt fry im happy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
That was a post from out of the archives by thill1951.
And Pansat wouldn't ask you questions, they'd either tell you that it's real or fake. I'd still say you're pretty safe with it being original.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us