Is there a workaround?

Username: Compedgeplus

Post Number: 1
I am new to the fta world. I have purchased a viewsat 2000 xtreme after the previous round of ECM. Started losing channels mid last week until all channels disappeard on echo 3 61.5. This morning I was experimenting with the channel and antenna setup. I chose satellite Nimiq2 which is at 58 degrees and did a channel scan again. I never redirected the dish so I ended up with duplicate channel lineup from echostar 3. Some of the channels were unscrambled on those duplicate channels like HM movies and Fox news among others. Does this mean that the codes on Nimiq2 were included in the 2nd scan of the 61.5 which offered a decoding of the those channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Dishnewb

Post Number: 62
Not exactly... I read that as you switch between a channel and it's mirror image (duplicate)it takes a few seconds for the reauthorization code to be sent to your reciver so you get programming for a few seconds on those channels but then the channels go black.

Post Number: 2
Thanks ABC. Also I have read more threads and it seems that to be able to get more channels from a particular satellite I need to load a channel list, right?

Bronze Member
Username: Dishnewb

Post Number: 66
A channel list is always helpful. Saves you the trouble of scanning for your self. I don't think it makes too much of a difference though.

Post Number: 3
So it does not actually cause more channels to appear, it's just a time saver thing and a way to make the channels appear with the proper channel name rather than i.e EchoSat### or Nimiq2-###. I do appreciate the time u took to respond to my question.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us