Update from thedssguy

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 230
Originally Posted by thedssguy
Sorry, but..

You won't see a fix from Pansat on Friday, that's when Blacklist gets back from Germany. IF he has bought the solution from Germany, it will still be a few days before they can implement it to their boxes, and then we will know which units have what it takes to run the new encryption..

C*oolsat's coders are hoping to disect VS 's fix too (not gonna happen). Here's what's being said about that...

"NORW is working on the C*oolsat bin. They are coders, not engineers. Word is they are trying to decompile the Viewsat release to find out how they are decrypting the signal, then they will implement it in their bin and release."

Captive Works also claims to be close, but I know we were close on VS for 8 days before we got it.. Skyview uses same coder , so NO for them too...

Fortec has the coder to do it, but it will take them awhile to figure out a fix for the Mercury...

Ariza keeps talking their fix is coming soon, but everyone knows Globaltechs record... NOPE!

Neusat is the new kid on the block and talking smack, time to deliver for them. Will they? Highly unlikely...

XtremeView Magnum? Lost a key coder and will suffer a long wait.. IMO..

I keep telling people, this was no easy one to do.. Dreambox is different than the other STB's, and yes, it was easier for them to implement, but that's NOT the case for the rest... It may be a week or two before anybody else steps up..

Viewsats victory will long be remembered for this and rightfully so. Others are TRYING to dump the fix from old Viewsats, but thats not gonna work either...

This post is for those people that want to know how I see it... Be patient, there's still alot of channels left. If you can't wait, BUY A VIEWSAT!

These are my opinions and not necessarily those of this websites.

copy&paste

Username: Kj101

Post Number: 2
Old news like 2weeks ago?

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 231
06-07-2006, 10:31 PM

U R RIGHT SORRY
Guess I'm tire!

Username: Stix_n_stonze

Post Number: 1
anybody got news for the ariza solution...i gotta wathch entourage tmrw night....pleeez help

Username: Jusme

today's update from DSS Guy

C&P -

6/24/06-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedssguy
Just got off the phone w/Mr V. OMG! I have seen a 155 page pdf file on the cryptology used for this hash. This hash may well be the end of some stb makers. Viewsat has solved areas 2,5, & 7 (most everyone else is still on 2 or 5) and the last area 57 will fall tonight or tomorrow. The mathematical equation involved is MIND BOGGLING!! It involves rsa chart tables, prime numbers, algos, cryptology that wasn't even around till 2003, and was never used (but was planned by Nagrastar). Viewsats coder is on the last hurdle, but don't expect many STB makers to follow. This one (hash) made the last one look like childs play!

It looks like IT WILL BE FINISHED ANY TIME NOW! I'd say given the extreme complexity of this hash, that we may be the only ones up for even longer than last time... I cannot even release the name of this pdf that was written by people that were part of a development team for Kudelski. It may be more than the 24 hrs Mr.V said, but he has never lied to me, and he says WE WILL HAVE A SOLUTION SOON!

Post Number: 2
LK don't want to waste yer tyme....however my sat guy....plucks $20.00 each time i go to this f*(&%%kers house....all ppv and hbo gone---how can i get them back?
signed: a complete novice.....oh yeah no need to go through all the jazz... i can probably figure out some stuff....but can i get these stations back b4 tmrw?

Post Number: 3
hey jusme.....what the f&^%$#@!k does that mean ----am i going to be able to watch HBO tmrw night?...on my crappy ARIZA 700?
please let me know ---i'm hooked on that show....thnx

Post Number: 3
If you have a hispeed connection, go to packetnews.com and download it from irc or download it through a torrent from torrentspy.com for the time being. I'm with you, I dont care for viewsats myself. Co*lsats are my first choice for ease of use and bug-free operation. I hope all are fixed soon.

Post Number: 4
Also, last time I checked, HBO-W is still up, so just set a recorder for 3 hours after East broadcasts it.

Username: Hp2464

so are u saying that the viewsat is already up and running? if so please tell me if it is a key or a bin and where i can get that form ... thnx

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3656
Hope that post from TDG and Mr Viewsat at al7bar are authentic. Mr Viewsat states they believe within 24 hours they will have the fix...all very encouraging news..if true, Viewsat stands above all..and again, Pansat slips back..Pansat receivers and present bins don't hold any water compared to Viewsats..now just be careful of the many Viewsat Extreme clones that are being sold out there now...

Bronze Member
Username: Xcable

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 28
Theres a couple people on al7bar and newbies who say Norwood might come thru this time,Just people talking at the moment. I give big props to VS for quick and first fix last week,Well see if the rumour of $$$ was an issue with Norwood. Theres not alot of reliable sources saying much this time. And yes, The market is being FLOODED with VS clones.

Bronze Member
Username: Qbee

Post Number: 47
LK - how do you rate c**lsat?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3660
I don't expect coo*lsat to be first...they lost all their best people and now have very inexperienecd people...they made/make good receivers but their future isn't promising to me..Viewsat is way above the rest..

Bronze Member
Username: Qbee

Post Number: 48
LK - Thanks, I appreciate you telling me what I did not want to hear, as a c**lsat owner.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3663
I would still buy a coo*lsat over a Pansat any day!...its a great machine...and new coders/enginers can be brought in..

Bronze Member
Username: Solito

Post Number: 28
LK how can i see the difference on the original viewsat extreme and clone one.? Help please.

Silver Member
Username: Dafee99

Post Number: 140
misterioso there are plenty of pictures posted at the dsstester site. i guess that you can conclude from those pics if u have a clone or not...

Bronze Member
Username: Hybridfay

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
dafee i been told at the same site if you look at the button at the back for ORIGNAL there is always written on/off and for clones its writted O/I this is only diff that you can tell after having a look

Bronze Member
Username: Solito

Post Number: 29
thanks dafe and zea. I will take a look,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us