Best FTA Receiver... Co*lSat? Capt!veworks?

Username: Mwarrior

Post Number: 1
Any suggestions? Ordering an FTA finally and was debating, those two seem to come up a lot. I already have the dishes all setup from a while back, but need a good receiver that has RCA Outputs, preferably Digital Audio Out (as both of those I think have), and overall reliable.
Thanks for all suggestions
G

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny67

Post Number: 17
I have a fortec ultra, it is o.k., but I bought a viewsat platinum and wow! a world of differences, faster, better and easier to use!

Username: Mike007

Post Number: 5
I am using Cools**t 5000. This is a good one, and it has component cable output. I was testing a VS 2000 platinum, I was not impressed with the picture quality.And it does not have component cable output. But please remember VS was the first one to find the solution to the recent problem. It is hard to tell. But I would say choose one between these two.

Username: Bannana25

Post Number: 2
I have a Cool**5000; it works really great. Presently connected to bev-91 and dish at 119 & 61.5 with a 4 way switch out at the dish. Get every thing except bev*** PPV; any suggestion.

Username: Sandysan

someone please help loading pansat

Hmm so Cool*5000 seems to be receiver of choice. So I guess the next question is, what about Cool*6000 Premium? Has anybody tested those? Are they worth the extra $40 per unit? Also, not sure if it matters but I'll be using it for the International channels as well.

ANything else i should look for before ordering one?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3589
Most IMPORTANT thing is that U buy from a reputable dealer who will GUARANTEE that its NOT a CLONE (copy) receiver!..

Dreambox 500
Viewsat Extreme
Coo*lsat 6000

Username: Webspyder01

Post Number: 3
I have heard VS Extreme was really good ,I about to buy myself ! any FEEDBACK out there?

Username: Cook

Got both a CS-6K & CS-5k
Both allmost identical. great pictures, component outputs, very fast and such. Physically - the 6k has more modern look. 6k is supposed to have much greater EPG, which seems to be hit and miss. I can't seem to get more than a couple hours consistant.
Remote Control of the 6K is nicer than the 5K.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny67

Post Number: 19
Geee Wizz
LK is right, Be careful who you buy from, make sure you research you options as much as possible.
My first purchase was the fortec lifetime, I overpaid around $80 for it, I then bought a viewsat platinum which is great, if you want the component connections the viewsat extreme has them, again very fast program guide and channel changing.Again Good Luck!

extremefta and gosatellite are the 2 I was looking into for the Cool*6000.
While the first one is cheaper, the second one also comes wtih a CD with "Utilities and instructions" and "Free Online Access"(whatever that is).
Recommendations of retailers would help too. Either on here or via email/PM.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1041
For anyone looking into Views@'s, beware of the clones that are now coming out.
C/P from Royce:
Viewsat clones flooding the market // 2006-06-17
I have been informed that a website is Passing out cloned Viewsat Xtremes.
When flashing these boxes the chip is disabled and as a result it will appear as no power much like clone killer of the pansat clones.

How to tell if it is a clone?
Power switch on back is horiontal and no FCC sticker also bottom has horizontal oval vent holes where the real ones have circle vent holes and the boxes the clones come in are smaller than the real ones (clone packaging boxes are more square where real ones are more rectangle).

Post Number: 4
*bump*
Anybody? extremefta or gosatellite experiences?
Cool*6000 vs Cool*5000? Or CW600S??

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 69
COOLSAT5000 - excellent receiver for the money. I have two of them - compared to Pansat2700A, better image quality, no freezes, no jitter, no pixation, full channel names, faster scan, faster channel change, a secure GUI with password for channel block - channel edit and menu. Better parental control with rates and age settings. Well designed intuitive GUI and very user friendly. The kind of GUI that will allow you to figure it out without ever reading the manual (most people don't read manuals).

I'm not a sales man for cools@t but I'm for hire at a nominal salary of 150K/year :-)

Good luck!
Vini

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 70
Geee Wizz

Found best price on COOLSAT500 at globalwholesalers . biz - FREE SHIPPING.

Vini

Post Number: 5
I guess I shouldve mentioned I need it in Canada. Vini, the one you pasted ships to Canada, but doesnt say anything about Customs/Duties, which is a big issue with the "bokerage fee" and the 15% tax. I emailed them for clarity on it though.

So Cool*5000 is better than 6000 in other words? And of course a lil cheaper ;)

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1074
Geee Wizz,
There are places you can buy direct in canada.
which will eliminate the duty, exchange, shipping.
Plus you don't have to wait.
Unless you have to wait for a ride to and from the store, then you'd have to wait. Or if you took a bus. You'd have to wait then too I guess. If you took a cab, you'd only have to wait until they picked you up though.... But you could get stuck in traffic, so then you'd have to wait.

Anyway go to canada411, search business' and look up satellites in your area.

Username: Racer43

www.coolsatcanadaretail.com/

Username: Alex3500

Guys I just bought HDTV TV, to get better quality i was told to get HD reciever, is there any HD FTA reciever?

Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3609
no..not yet

Post Number: 8
Ok so last thing. Cool*5000 or 6000? Or even VS Xtreme. Comparisons?? 6k has been said (above) to have a nicer remote, anything else? Nobody's said anything about the Capt!veworks so I'm assuming its not too good?

Looking to order 2 for now then go from there. Main thing (aside from price) is warranty and support.

Post Number: 9
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
bump again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us