Fortec Lifetime Ultra

Username: Dias

Post Number: 1
I have a small problem, when I want to update my receiver (I have downloaded all the right files) from the current version to the new (Al7bar FTA Ultra_050830_287_api.bin) it seems that the receiver is not accepting the new software, it tells me that there is a problem, see bellow. Also, I tried
boot_Al7bar FTA Ultra_ver07.bin
and
X-85BL_060610_277T_au_api_.bin,
but to no avail.
Can some tell me if there is a password protection on it and how I can by-pass it or remove it completely?

The loader software that I used were:
Forecstar STB Updater v3.21.exe ("Flash Update Failed...").
BL-Updater.exe (on this one it tell me "Write faild [ER1])

The procedure I follow is:
Plug the Fortec in the wall.
Connect the RS-232 cable from PC to receiver.
Turn ON the receiver.
Afterwards I try downloading the new software but nothing.

If I am doing something wrong can someone redirect me to a site that tells in detail how to update the Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver?

Thank you in advance.

Username: Kll

Post Number: 3
I THINK U HAVE TO DO IT WITH THE RECEIVER OFF

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny67

Post Number: 24
To load the bin, you have to have your loader open and ready with the 277t bin, turn your receiver off from the back switch, as soon as you turn the switch back on click download on your loader, you will see the download begin, do not turn off your receiver until it fully loads and restarts itself, once you see that your receiver is back to the on postioin, unplug it and hook it back up to your tv and test it, it should be fine!

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1180
for ultra and clon try with gtloader instance bl loader, dss**tester.com Fortec area. Lucky

Bronze Member
Username: Whatzzzuppp

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 79
hi
i want 2 know if the dss tester is free any one
thnxxxxxxxxxxxx in advance

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1183
yes dss tester its free
dss**tester.com

Bronze Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 60
Hello,

I know that I've been acting stupid for 20 days. The problem that I'm having is that when I press download to put bins to my receiver, it says "Flash Update Failed". I'm using the RS 232 serial cable (STRAIGHT CABLE) because I have Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra. I know that EVA and LK helped in the past but I just can't get my receiver to work. I just need a someone to guide me..Please !!! Or just tell me which loader do I use to make my receiver work. Please tell me the EXACT link/url to that loader's download section.

Thanks...... !!!

Silver Member
Username: Babakhan

Post Number: 138
Step by step 274T loading instructions

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the IF 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. Change the FTA to ALL just before you scan for channels. Also the wires coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. Like 119 wire goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program.

How to flash your Fortec Ultra.
You can flash (load) your Ultra with this bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
If you read all of this you will have less questions at the end.
Use a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE RS232C hooked up to your receiver from the computer. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe.
If you have the year model Dec 2004 or newer you can clone it or you MAY need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack. Get detailed instructions about the cable here hteetp://www.beaglesoft.kom/232usb.htm
Download the recommended X-85BL_060515_274t_ RTN_TVE_4sec_au_api(N).ZIP

Download a loader to your computer or use BLACKLIST UP LOADER.ZIP It don't ask as many questions.

UNZIP both files. You can use WinZip or Winace.
You can get them here hteetp://www.winzip.kom/hteetp://www.winace.kom/
Click on BLACKLIST UP LOADER.EXE to start it. Set the COM PORT and put a *** in BIN.
Click on BROWS then put in the bin you want (note it is a bin & NOT zip)
Turn receiver on from the back, when FIRST bar starts then click FIX on our computer.
After you get compleat at the computer the ON will display in your receiver. Your receiver is flashed.
If you get NR ------- dashes instead of the ON then flash with the 276 bin to bring it back and start over again.

A MENU SETUP Below FOR 110 & 119 SATELLITES WITH TWO SEPARATE LNB's & ONE DiSEqC OR A 22Khz SWITCH. Or A DISH PRO LNB.
Alignment on your dish is very critical and could be frustrating. You need a high QUALITY signal before you start to scan, that is the green bar. above 90 is good above 95 is better. Hook the dish cable on your receiver at the IF connector NOT the ANT. If you have a Dish Pro LNB or do not have a 22Khz switch then you can keep the 22Khz switch OFF in the settings, but it don't matter. You can only get one Satellite for each one LNB you have. One LNB one Satellite. Two LNB's two Satellites, and so on.

YOU MAY NEED TO FIX YOUR SATELLITE SETTINGS AFTER A FLASH & SET THE DEFAULT KEY.
The TP's below are close and will give you the channels that are there.
MENU then DISH SETUP then OK then ANTENNA SETUP then OK.
----------------ECHO 7 = 119-----ECHO 6,8 = 110
LNB type --------- Standard ------------- Standard
LNB local-Freq ---- 11250------------------11250
22Khz -------------- ON----------------------Off
DiSEqC -------------- 1------------------------2
SKEW --------------- 0 -----------------------0
TP ------------ 12224V20.00-----------12224V20.000
Positioner Setting -- Disable----------------Disable
Satellite Scan ------ ALL----------------------ALL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts