Needs help with 91

Username: Blackcove

Post Number: 4
i have the standard dishnet work dish and for lnb im using the ones i had when i was using dtv .... switches im not sure of .. the lnb i have 110 and 119 is connected and working but where 101 should be there is no lnb let me guess beside 101 if i some how get a lnb to the side of where 101 is that would give me 91 is that correct ? if im correct on that how would i now then input the keys for bev would it be the same steps and going into nav2 and if i do that wouldnt it affect110 and 119 or its a different step thanks in advance .

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 36
I'm not sure what you are asking about regarding the 101 abd 91 birds - as far as the keys go, bev and dn have totally different keys, same encryption method. So yes you can enter the bev keys without affecting the dn keys... regrading your other question please post it again a little more clearly.

Post Number: 5
thanks j dwag , but what im trying to do is connect 91 to my system that i have now im getting 119 and 110 now so my question is how can i go about and set up 91 and the steps i need to connect a lnb for 91 and how would i set up the keys for bev

Username: Abel_s

Choma, Southern Pro... Zambia

Post Number: 2
Iam in Zambia, Southern Africa,I have a Wiz-260 FTA (Wiztech)deconder. I watch only Sabc1,2&3, eTV, BTV and some Religiuos channels. My dish is 80cm. Any one to help me with codes, frequecy and other relevant information to enable me watch MBC1,2,3&4 and Onetv. You can e-mail me on jsimbaya@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Ok, so you have 1 dish pointed between 110 and 119 I'm assuming. To get 91 you would need to move your dish, especially if you have the standard DN dish. You could technically get the same set-up with Nimiq 1 and 2 (82W and 91W - 9 degrees appart) if you moved your dish to a position between the 2 birds. But i think this is pretty difficult to do - you need to move your dish about 28 degrees east to get to the same point that would allow you to see the 82W and 91W birds, plus you need to set the correct elevation for the dish, which would depend on your location. As far as setting up the keys, that depends on your receiver, if you have an FTA receiver, that's easy, its part of the menu when you load a new bin.
So if I understand you correctly, you can't just hook another lnb to your current setup to see 91W, mainly because it would take some crazy geometrical calculations to determine where you should put the lnb, plus i think your signal would be pretty worthelss - but if you wanted to move your dish it could be done... you just need to search the dss sites for instructions on aligning your stationary dish (sadoun.com is pretty good). Hope this helps...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Jomo-
Check lyngsat.c*om (remove the *) for frequencies and technical info. Not sure about the channels you are trying to watch, what bird are they on? I doubt you will find much info in this forum for euro and african frequencies...

Post Number: 7
thanks j dwag for the info you was very helpfull

Username: Abel_s

Choma, Southern Pro... Zambia

Post Number: 4
Thanks J Dawg for your quick response. Iam using Pas7/10 Ku to watch sabc channels. Iam trying to Watch MBC1,2,3& 4 and PPV. I do'nt whether thats the info you need from me.

Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Sorry Jomo, no clue about the PAS birds and the encryption they use. But like I said, you will not find a whole lot of information here about the European frequencies...check the web for other dss sites.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us