Future of FTA

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2649
administrator
Administrator Join Date: Mar 2006

The Next Step

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Snobody said we are in for a bit of a rough ride.Each time Im told it ain't so bad..I get another message that its worse...But it seems like older model receivers will be rendered True FTA...Pansat 2300/2500 Fortecs ..Sorry but this could be the end of the line..I will know more in the next few hours as I speak to more people...The Death of the Older models is still an assumption by those more knowledgeable than I,but it seems logical.Processes will have to be run faster than these machines are capable of..But like I said Stand By ..we're are on it...and wil let everyone know as we get it.

From source 1....All Boxes Will need there ROMS hard coded...So a Hardware Mod Will be required................................

Wait everyone .....More as it comes in.

administrator

And Here is More.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not good news at all.....Pretty much confirmed ..Pansat 2300/2500 Fortec Lifetime .Ultra and Original...And The Clones of such models are done.The info I am gathering is troubling....It seems that those of you using these and any other slow processor receivers are in for a bit of a shock..as are those with faster machines....Somehow They have managed to find a way to require a ROM hard Code..which means Keys are /will be a thing of the past...We will need to run a full hard coded Emulation system in our boxes, Autoroll is about to become a thing of the past..Emu will make our toys run better at least for those that have machines that can handle faster computations...This is not going to be fun...Please Im am Piecemealing the info as I get it...And typing it as it comes down the pipe...

#3 Yesterday, 10:20 PM
administrator

Dreamboxes..triple Dragon ...And PCI will recover..MOST STBS Will NOT.Will take about a week to rewrite ROM....Please be Patient.....

#4 Today, 12:18 AM
administrator

BEV ECM Analysis

Nagra has changed the format of the decrypted CMD 07 video packet on some channels. Most likely, the rest of the channles will follow soon.

The old CMD 07 decrypted packet structure looked like this:

....09 01 ....100900AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA110900BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB.. ..

where AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA was video control word 0 and BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB was video control word 1. FTA boxes would simply use these keys to decode the audio/video. Echostar cams would encrypt these control words with the 16 byte session key and the IRD would simply decrypt them (redundant process designed to counter wedge hacks) to decode the audio/video.
The new CMD 07 decrypted packet structure now looks like this:

....09 01 ....100940aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa110940bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.. ..

where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb are not the actual control words, but some CONVOLUTED FUNCTION of the control words. Notice the cam is being instructed by 100940 and 110940 instead of 100900 and 110900. What this convoluted function is at this time is unknown. Most likely, a simple X-OR with some bytes in the Cam's RAM or IRD's firmware. This will pretty much eliminate all camless and standalone hacks that do not use echostar cards and receivers or possible both. The FTA factories in Korea will be idle very soon. It looks like the free (no pun intended) FTA ride will be over soon.

Expect Dish to implement the same countermeasures within the next few days. They also revised their cards. Only cards with the latest revision actually work now.
If the current revision cannot be unlocked, then it will be pretty much impossible for anything to work.
They are now sending down CMD04 packets whose decrypted payload is being used to X-OR the convoluted control words coming down in CMD 07. Without access to a dump of the latest revision, it is impossible to know how they are X-ORing the data. Even if one can theoretically decrypt CMD 04 (which we still can).

To re-iterate:

1. If the current revisions cannot be unlocked by nob14me, then NO stand alone hack is possible. Only a married-sub type hack will be possible.
2. If the current revisions are opened up, that still doesn't mean everything would work again because decrypting a CMD04 is very computationally intensive. Only the fastest devices would survive.

Rom10,11, Syndrome and Atmega are gone for sure because of speed limitations even if unlocking were successful. Actually, SYndrome may have worked but the designer is now behind the bars, so it is irrelavent. FTA are gone too because I doubt they could handle the speed either. All this is assuming someone can unlock the newest revision, which may not happen at all. Well, people may be watching black screens over the next couple of weeks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2659
BEV Losing Channels!!!

Seems Bev is up to her old tricks (or a new one really) as of last night bev was missing a few channels including treehouse, cp24 and some french channels. As of this morning PPV channels on bev 352-356 are also black screen or scrambled msg. It seems Bev playing with the CMD $07 causing these to be unviewable. You can expect more channels to follow thru out the day and maybe a total blackout of bev by tonight. There also is a new ch. 340 (found when doing a new scan) to call at T.O number if your experiancing missing channels or black screen this is just another ploy by bev to weed you out just like DN pirate channel. This seems to be an easy fix for the FTA coders but the race is on who will release the new fix for this attack by BEV. To also add Bev Started Updating Cams to Rev 643 as of last night and Sub's without this update yet are also experiancing these missing channels. Remember what Bev does Charlie is sure to follow.....Hold on it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2660
Viewsat may be first to whip ECM..

From an earlier posted report:

Report Recommendations:

Although the Nagravision Encryption for certain cams is publically compromised, it will be proposed to Echostar and ExpressVu via the FCC and CRTC respectively, that the following counter measures be implemented immediately:

1. Restoration of CAM-IRD handshake protocol and counter measures against firmware modifications. It will be proposed that the CONTROL WORDS be ciphered with the 64 byte Primary RSA key in IRD firmware in a convoluted manner difficult to reverse-engineer from firmware disassemblies. Any modifications to the Primary RSA key will result in incorrect CONTROL WORDS. Without knowledge of the convolution process, FTA and DVB piracy will be eliminated.

2. Increase the length of the RSA exponent used for public key decryption to 512 bits. This will render atmel based piracy devices and older generation ROM cards useless.

3. Traditional electronic counter measures against compromised "102 ROM"
cams.

#1 is our worst fear and I believe this is what has happened. The restoration of the handshake protocol will be a tough one to defeat. Viewsat has a jump on this however due to long ago, before N2 was actually hacked, Viewsat had a work around by using a N2 card in their box. (remember the video's I circulated). The handshake protocol can be nulified by using part of the ROM dump of a current revision card. This dump was posted today at a different forum of Rev 2.44. The lead engineer for Viewsat is now in possession of this dump and will study it and the current stream activity. Today is Mr Viewsat's 30th birthday, and I listened to a 3 way phone conversation where he asked for a nice B-day present from his #1 coder. It will please you all to know that he is fairly confident that he will have a solution within a few days. Viewsats past experience of using an actual N2 card in conjunction with their unit has given them an edge in understanding the ECM and how to defeat it. In all likelyhood, part of the cards ROM section will have to be added in to the bin. The added work load shouldn't be much of a problem for the Viewsat, but I think we may see the end of slower, less powerful units for decrypting this new encryption.. Only time will tell, but I heard the confidence in his voice and his remarks, that he should have this sorted out soon.. This feat alone should propel Viewsat to #1 if indeed they can pull it off...
Cross your fingers kiddos, there's alot at stake this time...

Username: Cdnrocker

Post Number: 2
I saw this on another forum. Could it be related.

1. Restoration of CAM-IRD handshake protocol and counter measures against firmware modifications. It will be proposed that the CONTROL WORDS be ciphered with the 64 byte Primary RSA key in IRD firmware in a convoluted manner difficult to reverse-engineer from firmware disassemblies. Any modifications to the Primary RSA key will result in incorrect CONTROL WORDS. Without knowledge of the convolution process, FTA and DVB piracy will be eliminated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2662
its a copy of what I just posted!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 33
lost some BEV channels
are we loosing alleventually??

Bronze Member
Username: Raging_fisher

Post Number: 17
Seriously read a couple of threads, make sure to look at what LK is saying, because he knows what he's talking about. Things are not looking good at all. But there is always hope.

Username: Qbee

Blackstock, ON Canada

Post Number: 3
LK - I am new and have been greatly helped by the posts on this site. I have had my C*Sat working several times in the past day and a half - only to have it go to black screens again. Now it only works for a few minutes after I do a new scan. Oh well - it was great for the last year and now I understand that it won't likely work again. However, before I give up persuing this FTA stuff, I wanted to compliment you on your extensive knowledge and helpfulness. Thanks.

Sorry. I hadn't refreshed my browser in between so I didn't see your post until after I posted.

Steve

Bronze Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 40
thanks to LK for his brilliant helpful insight

peeps here really needed this translation from techie talk
to layman talk to redneck talk

Bronze Member
Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 22
LK thanks for all the info, you'll probably see a few cut and pastes from eva now even though heshe has to translate what x-or is in spanglesh, any way when the 2700a is in real trouble let us know.
Looking forward to "riding the distance"

Username: Anik

Post Number: 1
what is cmd or rsa or rid

Gold Member

Post Number: 2671
in Ecoustics talk ...ya'll will lose Canadian Bell TV today or tomorrow, and may have to subscribe if yer wanna ever see it again..and Dishnet might do the same thing VERY soon...and its NOT just FTA receivers, its Bell receivers and Dishnet receivers using plastic too, who are NOT subscribers!

in other words, hackers of nagra 2 are in REAL trouble now..

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 114
been said
manytimes

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
mr c/p

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
another stupid monkey

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
explain
punji

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
retard

Gold Member

Post Number: 2673
easy to explain..kneegrows and his monkey mentality buds, which include U..

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
your 2 masters degrees show

Gold Member

Post Number: 2676
shakenbake ....I get a laugh out of U....hehehehe

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
yes U did
damn U!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 144
like usual LK you make a lot of predictions in a dummy forum where no one knows what you are really talking about.trust me one way or another
all the broken pieces will fit together again sooner then you think.

Bronze Member
Username: Tonyparker

Post Number: 27
LK

You don't play well with others!

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
He didn't make any predictions, he reads about what was going on in other forums. He just makes you think he's the next naustrodamous!

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
best to learn on your own

Username: Rohitkamahi

Guys, I just did a blind scan a while ago to update my channel list (61.5 - Echo 3/Ku ). Unfortunately, I am missing all the channels of ABC,NBC,CBS and FOX (Washington,New York, Philadelphia and Boston).By the way, I have updated my new keys and I have Fortec star Lifetime Ultra.I have checked the signal quallity of the transponders of the missing channels and it's zero.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks a lot in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
iam missing those channels also,
all i can say is pay attention to what you like
if you want T.V. pay attention

Gold Member

Post Number: 2688
More Bev channels are gone this morning...not looking good..especially for FTA users...might need newer receivers with card readers

Plastic access cards might have a chance...there is a new rev 244 plastic file just released out...Bev subscribers were getting their cards updated all night long with new firmware..very serious..

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1421
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! LMAO

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 145
nice touch Warthog , Hondo , Lk or whatever
Aliases you use , it is by far not the end of the world yet.no point in making everyone scramble for the closet, remember Nagra 2 was suppose to be as secure as Fort Knox ? look what happend , give it a week ,and then lets talk.

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 20
....found new channels on Nim 2 82-deg....a few of the Movie Network channels on ISP1-9.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2690
I'm trying NOT to be negative, BUT do want to be FACTUAL...FTA might be in real trouble but I think Plastic will be OK with Dishnet...there are some very good coders out there, who knows maybe they will come out with a break thru for BOTH FTA and plastic..but everyone must be patient....Rome wasn't built in a day!...I have always advocated that people share a sub if they want a SURE thing and inexpensive...its always best NOT to put all your eggs in 1 basket...sub sharing is a good backup and will never stop...

I have herad 2 conflicting reports about the new Rev 244 patch released for plastic today...the coder himself I read said he wasn't happy with his latest patch and blocker and it needed MUCH work....but then I just read 2 people saying its working...so I can ONLY tell U what I know and have read...lets all hope for the best...and I will try and keep U all informed as best I can..I will be gone for rest of most today, so any info I get will be later tonite..I must cancel my boating and fishing day to bring my older mom 150 miles NORTH to her younger sisters (my aunt) who just passed from cancer,a couple hours ago..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
sorry to hear that. . you take care
life is more than hacked TV

anyway we'll be here waiting for u

Gold Member

Post Number: 2695
I'm not a Bev watcher, but a newbie just posted this at another site...

Do a TP scan on Nim.2 at 82-deg.W 12.661 V & you will get 9 new channels: ISP1-9, 5 of which are Movie Network channels.

Also there is is NEW rom 102 Rev 244 working file for plastic, released today for Bev...this is all good news..

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 179
So.. Is Bev moving TP's from 91west (Nimiq 1) to 82west (Nimiq 2)?
Let's just hope this is it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
LK good for not being a BEV watcher - it sucks. I pay (subscribe) for it because I am Canadian (1 dish), but still want DN (+ 2 dishes & c*sat) for something good to watch. BEV has so much less good programming than DN - I can't imagine why anyone would configure their FTA to go there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
You can't imagine why not? ....10 channels of skin, 31 PPV, more than 10 NHL channels through the season, US networks plus Canadian TV. Those are the
reasons that I can think of, not that I am a hockey fan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Skins are on DN and more selection on PPV (without those Canadian legislated movies that suck - and suck up our CA tax dollars). I don't like hockey but enjoy the DN movie channels - like HBO, etc. and even the DN versions of Food TV, HGTV, etc. is better programming and better supported on the net.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I'm not arguing with you. I still subscribe to B, &
am certainly not getting my money's worth.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 374
How can a guy with the name "norhtman" not be a hockey fan???
And LK is right, Rome wasn't built in a day, but it only took one night to burn to the ground!!! If my reciever is done, I was thinking of upgrading anyway. LOL

Fishing was good this weekend by the way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I might watch the last series, but other than that, I get enough hockey all winter long with my 2 boys in Atom & P-wee....no need for overkill.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
OK. A word of advice, don't say that too loud at Timmy's or they might ban you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
You guys are all Canadian - and content with Canadian TV ... right?
I'm Canadian, but after living in the US, and experiencing their TV choices ... I don't want to move back to the lesser programming offered in Canada.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
LK - I just read the thread - I am sorry for your loss! Take care, and tend to your mental, emotional and physical well-being in this time of loss. We'll welcome you back when you're ready!

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
qbee, what LK post are you talking about. Been away for the weekend so I'm catching up but havent seen the one you're referring to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
Never mind.
I just found it in this thread (doh!).
LK, sorry to hear. Take care.
Thanks for all the info.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 413
Everybody love ... Eva?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Upload

oh no !! .. shes back

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
No one loves Eva!

Username: Kato1

Post Number: 5
we love you all...eva..lk..and tyler take care will monitor for any new things...

Bronze Member
Username: Cameltoe

Post Number: 12
i wanna hump eva

Gold Member

Post Number: 2697
No changes in Bev...using FTA, most channels are now gone (not all)...plastic card for Bev/DN receivers rom 102 rev 244 is working...

No new info is being released anywhere..all is being very quiet ...this major ECM could be a 1 week to 1 year to fix...nobody knows or is saying anything...I'm sure all the coders are speaking with each other, and working hard to resolve this issue...It might be a simple bin , a hardware receiver mod, or maybe even more serious than that..Only time will tell...sit back and Enjoy Dishnet now, while U can..

Username: Saks4545

thanks lk
yours is the only post i bother to read stands out from all the uninformed garbage on this
site.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1425
shak
Username: Saks4545

Well we're all glad somebody was able to make a post that you deemed wasn't garbage. I'll never understand why you, with 3 posts and some others, come to this site and start saying it's full of garbage, etc. If you don't like it here why do you stay??? There are many sites out there, some of which LK even posts at. Go to one of them. Then you don't have to put up with us and you can still see LK's posts. In my opinion it takes someone with 'not too many smarts' to stay some place they don't like.

Bronze Member
Username: The_don

Post Number: 16
i have the pansa 3500 sd and using DN, is that going down also or not

Bronze Member
Username: Tritip

Post Number: 24
What other sites are there with forums related to these topics? Also with LK's help.

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 119
try dsscommunty and look for szot

Gold Member

Post Number: 2705
c/p

I'd like to present 2 scenarios for the return of most channels on Bev.

1. Their call center was flooded by actual subs going black screen, and engineers were ordered to back off. (for now)

2. Pulling some of the changes in the stream may well keep coders from finding out exactly what all they were doing, and the changes could always reappear later.. This is after all a MAJOR play. Why tip your hand so soon? Coders find an answer to this and they're back to square one..

Either way, it's good news for our northern friends to have many of their channels back.

Username: Sa74

Post Number: 6
I HAVE RECEIVER PANSAT 3500SD AND ONE SAT DISH WITH T-5 AND IT'WORK FINE,NOW I WANT TO ADD DN CHANALS(110/119),I'M ORDERED DISH 500 WITH DISH TWIN PRO LNB .MY QUESTION IS HOW TO CATCH 110/119 AND HOW TO CONNECT ALL THIS.
I READ MANY SIMILAR SITUATIONS BUT NOT A SAME .
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
Beginer74,
Post in appropriate topic thread please.
Try reading this one.
Sarge spend a lot of time, money and effort to get his going, at least give him the courtesy of reading what he's done.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/227700.html

Username: Ice10

Post Number: 1
So, LK... With this ploy DN is playing, how long do you think FTA's will last??

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 146
All of Dn and all of bev are back and functioning normally , like I told LK and all you
earlier give it a week , well it didn,t last a week. I don,t know what you are running for stb
but I am running a viewsat with all working perfectly

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 147
I told you people earlier give it a week and all will be well, well it did not take a week and all is well again . all of bev and all of dn
working fine on my viewsat.

Post Number: 5
Put in the keys and all is well in BEVland. I am using a pair of Fortec Lifetime Ultra's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2722
Yes...Bev channels slowly started coming back 1-2 days ago because so many subs got hit by this ECM..and so Bev's engineers stopped the ECM and simply just did a new key change yesterday..

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 148
Lk what is the latest on DSS do you hear any vibes , would be nice to have a backup

Gold Member

Post Number: 2782
U are probably hearing the same as me..nothing concrete...sharing a sub is a great backup!

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 153
Hey LK , who is this new rooky DAMAN I have yet to see any constructive input placed by him on this site , it is kind of nice to have someone on this site that knows everybody that writes all the new scripts , codes etc., maybe we should
kind of kiss his you know what and treat him with kid gloves ( ya Right)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2841
he's another NOBODY newbie wanna be hero!...I think he's one of the mods aka kneegrows starting trouble and getting internet hits...U know how this site works!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
This ROOKIE could run you 2 shi*ts in circles. LK is skating on thin ice! Better get your act together!

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 154
Another line of very constructive input,can,t wait for problems to start ,knowing you and who you know , should be a big asset to this site
it will be nice to be the first ones with all the answers , no more searching other sites
so please stick around and accept our apologies for being so negative .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us