Will my Pansat work with DishNetwork service?

Username: Vrsick

Post Number: 5
Hi all,
I'm about to subscribe with Dish Network. I currently own a Pansat 3500SD. I was able to get a friend to program the Pansat to view all channels using he's own satellite at he's house. I asked him to set up my satellite at home, but I guess he does not want to be bothered with doing it. So I've decided to call Dish Network. My question is, After I get Dish Network installed,will I be able to plugin the Pansat to the Dish and be able to view all the channels? Like I mentioned before, the Pansat has the latest bin.
P.S.
Because I know nothing about satellite setups, I have no choice but to subscribe.
Thnx in advance
Alex

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 598
Alex,
If you're going to subscribe then you may as well use the receiver that DN will provide to you as their customer.
If on the other hand you got a satellite dish, you could do it yourself using your 3500. Conceivably, using the 3500 as it's set up now, all you'd need to do is find the signal. Depending on how soon you got that dish you could just plug it in and be up and running or you may have to load another program to set you up with the keys.
Do some reading here and you'll be able to fix any potential problems you run into. I'll help you on your way. First read this link on manually entering keys.
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=713826#POST713826

P.S. I don't want to hear any more of that defeatist attitude from you again Alex.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 140
Yes and No,
Depend on what system and how many receiver you install , superdish121 /105 , dish 300,dish 500, you may be need play with those switches, and/or dishpro plus LNB etc. I guess you may be pay someone to set up/ pointing a dish for you, then you can search and read( a lot) to learn how to play with it.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 535
Subscribe sound fine.lol

Post Number: 6
I want to thank all for taking the time to reply to my question. I understand I'd be a fool to subscribe to Dish Network. What I fear is the trees that surround my house. It just so happens that the trees are blocking my view to the satellites. There is a very small opening that i'm able to see the sky. I did try looking up a private satellite installer where I recide , with no luck. If anyone has info of whom I can call to install a dish, that'll be great. My location is Bristol, Connecticut.
Thnx in advance
Alex

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 556
Alex: cut the trees. :-)

Post Number: 7
Eva Diaz:
When I lived with my parents in PR, it was never a problem cutting down a tree. Here in the USA, it's a different ball park. I've been trying to contact my next door neighbor for the past 4days and make sure they are ok with the removal of the trees. Not to mention the disposal. Gee back in PR, I would normally burn the tree after cutting it.

Bronze Member
Username: Hurider

Post Number: 22
I want to thank all for taking the time to reply to my question. I understand I'd be a fool to subscribe to Dish Network. What I fear is the trees that surround my house. It just so happens that the trees are blocking my view to the satellites. There is a very small opening that i'm able to see the sky. I did try looking up a private satellite installer where I recide , with no luck. If anyone has info of whom I can call to install a dish, that'll be great. My location is Bristol, Connecticut.
Thnx in advance
Alex

Climb the damn tree and cut the top about 5' now place your dish on top of that...now your up there better then the side of the house or barn...LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us