ADVANTAGES/BENEFITS OF USING NEW BINS

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 11
I have Fortec Life Ultra receiver and I have been using it since last January.The bin file that has been loaded into my receiver by the technician is as followed: Chancy Ultra Pan 100t Boot Ver- 6:00 06 January 2006 12 hr clock fix.Could someone tell me what are the advantages of using the new bin file as opposed to the old bin file? My receiver is working fine and I have not had any problems since I bought it.All I know is that there is closed caption option in the new bins.How else can I benefit from it? I have also one more question. I have already done a lot of research and read all the guide lines as to how to flash a bin file into the receiver. I would just like to clarify one thing before flashing. Before I flash the latest bin file do I have to load any other software such as latest Fortec firmware ( from Fortec website) or any other file? Also, will the old bin (100t) be replaced by the new bin (282t)?

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 13
I used bin 143 for my pansat up until last week (4 months), I'd say if its not broke dont fix it, unless you go deaf I suppose CC would be an asset. I had all the channels with that bin just EPG kinda sucked, but I used computer a lot for movie times ect. And p0rn0 is p0rn0 so I didn't really need an EPG for that. Just my 2cent$

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 14
...or closed captioning for that matter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Neurosis - could you also answer to my last couple of questions posted in the above message?

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 536
Yes, the old bin will overwrite the new bin.
In most cases the new features of the bin will carry over into the next one. So if bin #1 fixes a bug, the next bin #2 will have that same bug fix plus whatever changes it may have. Usually, unless the bin number 2 is created from scratch.
And as for firmware, I'll be honest; I just keep loading bins over top of one another and have not yet reloaded my firm ware. But mine is a pansat so I don't know if that matters.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2823
Let me try this.. for ULTRA's

282t2 bins always have same file name,but just new dates..they must remake a new bin and then release it, EVERY time the keys change!

The newset bin and most popular for Ultra's are the 273T, 274T,and now today the 275T bin, which are Pansat bins (but accepts the Ultra's) and gives U a MUCH better screen, EPG and more screen options...these are autorolls and the NEW keys will autoroll into your receiver whenevr they change...no need to change bins all the time,like the 282t bins...with those pansat bins, your receiver is treated ,just like it was a pansat...U should learn how to manually enter kets the Pansat 2500 way also, whenevr U use these bins...on ocassion .Dishnet and bell will send signals where the autoroll will not work and U must diable the autoroll and then manually enter the new keys when they change..

I would definitely change bins if I were U...I would first do a screen factory reset.. upload the factory Pansat 2500 222 bin using BL updater V 1.2..then do a new scan disconnecting ANY switches and run cables directly from LNB's to receiver...then upload the 275T pansat bin..and watch TV..U will love the new pansat bins and look..along with the many more options which make operating that receiver much easier!

BTW...the files i mentioned are in the Forums (pansat and Fortec) area at www.dsscommunity.c*om...remove the * in .C*om and register FREE first there..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks a lot Tyler Durden and LK for sharing your valuable knowledges with DSS community. We really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us