Hi Guys! Can anyone help with Fortec Ultra. Please & Thank you!

Username: Pinkpiper1

Lafollette, TN United States

Post Number: 8
Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've posted but don't have a lot of spare time. First off, I HONESTLY appreciate all of your help on the last post. Most of you probably don't even know who I am or notice when I do post but I am not just a bum trying to get someone to do things for me. Honestly, I am just a busy mommy that is new to this and really trying to do things on my own. Just need a bit of help now and then. LK, you helped me 100% and I can't thank you enough! You really saved me from my kids LOL Now that they have their kids programs back, I have gotten a much needed break.

I know I am probably going to catch some heat here with this one but don't know what else to do but ask. Please believe, I am not just some lazy bum who expects someone else to do the work and reap the rewards. I am mother of two children, one of which has CP and keeps me on my toes so don't have a lot of time to work at it all in one sitting, which would probably make it a lot easier trying to learn. Not looking for a pity plea by telling you that but just wanted you guys to understand why I get on once in a blue moon asking stupid rerun questions.

I have tried to fix it on my own reading the threads but I am still quite new to this and the different answers are conflicting and confusing. I certainly do not want to goof this thing up beyond what it already is so here goes:

First of all, I know only bits and pieces about this stuff so please bear with me if I don't explain things quite well. The farthest I have gotten is learning to put in the bins (thanks to you guys LOL) which brings me to my first question. When putting in a new bin, do I need to rest the default keys? I think I know how to do this but not sure. Can't remember yesterday, let alone back when I put in the bin LOL

Secondly and most important is my biggest problem. I know this is a rerun but just very confused by the previous posts. I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and on the Sat 6,8@110 I can't get any PPV. They are still in the channel list however they say "scrambled or bad channel"

Please don't be too hard on me LOL I know this is a long post with reruns but I just can't get it right. I have did everything. I read the post about the TP changes and did as it said. I copied the frequency that each PPV channel was on and manually scanned and all but it says 0 programs found. I read to factory reset and put in latest bin but already have one box here that I did this to and can't get it fixed. I read to delete all channels and rescan but I am quite new to this and the last box I did that way, I have not been able to get fixed yet. It deleted my channels and still can't get it straitened out so I was afraid to do that until I got some answers. Started with three boxes now down to the kid's box.

I seen where there is a new bin 274 and I have the 273. Would they come in if I put the 274 on it?

I REALLY appreciate your patience with me and hope I have not offended anyone with the long post and stupidity but believe me when I say, I have honestly tried my best to deal with this without asking. Being new to it and already killing two boxes, I just don't want to chance killing this one.

I would deeply appreciate any help.

Thanks a million!
Tina

Post Number: 9
Ok folks please don't burn me too bad. I just seen the post right before mine with the same question but please keep in mind that it was posted while I was in the process of writing my long boring post lol

Didn't see it until after posting mine. Anyway, still appreciate all input that may help an idiot like me in this situation. LOL

God bless and thanks!

Post Number: 10
Now I'm really confused. See, I read the last post "What's the latest on Bev?" and it is extremely confusing and conflicting, especially just learning.

One poses a solution of nuking channels and rescanning and another says that's not right. I am really confused now!

Not at all saying who's right and who's wrong cause I am an idiot when it comes to this and just coming to seek help.

I respect anyone willing to try and help another but it is really confusing trying to figure out who is right and who's not.

Does anyone have a clear answer to fix this? Please help.

Thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 93
im not sure how much help i can be but here goes it sounds like you have tried almost everything sofar you can do a factory default setting then load factorybin then load 274t bin set default key make sure autoroll and atuo tp are on then do a channel scan.im kinda rusty on the fortec been doing alot with viewsats for people latly.ill digone up from a budy tomorrow and do a bit of testing

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 177
X-85BL_060512_274T_RTN_TVE_4sec_au_api(N)
Safe for all 2500A clones

http://www.dsscentral.*net/uploads/upload/pansat4%252edb/X%2d85BL_060512_274T_RTN_TVE_4sec_au_api%28N %29%20FOR%20%202500A%20CLONES%20FROM%20AL7%20BAR%20MAY%2015%202006.zip

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
God bless both of you! I REALLY APPRECIATE the help. It is about time someone used this forum for it's intended purpose and so nice to see that there are still a few nice people willing to help! Wish I could repay the favor somehow but maybe in the future (Far Future) I will be a whiz at this stuff and can help you out. Like that will ever happen LOL

Thank you both again and God bless

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 136
try not to be so long winded in your questions

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
tinas got a novel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Wakenbake
I'm glad you feel as if you must be nasty to get attention. I have noticed many of your posts and you seem to be one who enjoys the bashing. I haven't been able to find one post yet in which you haven't had something negative to say and for that matter, I can't seem to find one in which you attempt to help.

I will not resort to being nasty to anyone but I have seen many like you who didn't get enough attention as a child and therefore seek it as an overgrown kid.

God bless you

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
peace out
I havent found ONE of your posts to be authentic
bunch of long winded BS
have A good day
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help