Rename sats cool sat 5000

Bronze Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 72
Hi all..so i am told..that if i rename echo 6,8 to 8,10 and delete all channels..then do a scan that we will get 398 channels.up from 291 on 110..not sure how to rename 6,8 to 8,10 on the cool sat 5000..does anyone know how i can do this?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 73
Don't be shy..anyone can participate in this question.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 285
Try this for now. I'll have to do a little research for the kewlsat.

Go to:
Menu.... then
Installation .....
Edit TP/Satellite.....
Rename.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 74
Thanks ty..off the top off my head..i don't think that option is available..i know its somewhere..looking for info myself..can't be that hard..just something i have not done before..never had a reason to..I'll git er done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
Gotta go, but here is a link for the 4000's manual.
They don't have the 5000's though which makes no sense. I read through it but couldn't find anything about renaming a sat. Should be in the 6.1 area of it.
Maybe you can find it?
I didn't spend too much time looking though. You know the drill with the link...

http://www.cool*satusa.com/support.htm

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 75
Yea thanks..i do have the manual for the 5000 but no mention on this function..but i will get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Rob, on your sat list at the end, is there the option to rename??
I see you've stepped out on me... I feel so used. LOL

Username: Nadeem

Brooklyn, New York USA

Post Number: 9
Hi Tyler Durden . Whats up Man ,,
wel i m from NYC . i got colsat 5000 one and i need ur big favour . Plz help me out . i appricate with u . plz.
so I stock from the signal i get 1st bar 92 % but the last 2nd one is stock On 25 to 28% showing me. and i connect to driect Dish so Altena is Echostar3 61.5W it catch some chanel but he showing me scremble chanels
2nd thing i dont know how to opend is activation key option . they say on the book accourding to press OK key and Device Key at the same hold 2 second . but here i facce problem how do i find out Device key that all . Plz help me out
I know ur they best plz .
thanks u

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 364
im not sure for echo 3 but for echo 7:
Satellite
Longitude:119
N lat:40.75
W lon: 74
236.893 Antena pointing geographic
24.49 Elevation
DISH SETTINGS!!

This is very important to know your dish setup, Lnb(s) and switch(s) being used. If you do not know this info then proceed to the bottom of this manual and there are links to help you determine which setup type you have! One easy way to determine which type of lnb(s) you have is to look at the label, if you see a DP logo or Dishpro logo then you have Dishpro Lnb's, if you do not see this logo then most likely it's a Legacy Lnb. Next would be to look at the # of ports on the Lnb.

1.) Push Menu on remote
2,) Go to Installation and if prompted to enter a password use 0000 or 0103 (master Pin)
3.) Go to Dish Setting and choose your satellite to be setup.

Legacy Single or Dual LNB's using a 4x1 Diseqc switch:

Echostar 7 --119.0W
LNB Power: on
LNB Type: Single
LNB Frequency: 11250
22Khz: off
Diseqc Switch: 1.0
Committed: 1 -------You may use different port #
Legacy SW: off

Echostar 6,8 --110.0W
LNB Power: on
LNB Type: Single
LNB Frequency: 11250
22Khz: off
Diseqc Switch: 1.0
Committed: 2 -------You may use a different port #
Legacy SW: off

No need to assign certain switch settings and you may setup to any ports you like as long as they match your Committed settings! People do like using 119 committed 1, 110 committed 2, and 91 committed 3 etc...

For Dish Pro type lnb's:

Echostar 7 -119.0W
LNB Power: ON
LNB Type: OCS-DIP
LNB Freq: 11250
22Khz: Off
DiSEqC Switch: 1.0
Committed: 1
Legacy SW: Off

Echostar 6,8 -110.0W
LNB Type: OCS-DIP
DiSEqC Switch: 1.0
Committed: 2

If using 1 DP Twin or quad and no other lnb's or switch involved then you may run one cable straight to receiver then set your dish settings as displayed above! Make sure your switch settings and dish settings are set to the following ports 119- Committed 1 and 110- Committed 2!

***If adding another lnb then you must run 2 lines from your Twin or Quad lnb to a switch with the same dish settings, then your other lnb would go to committed 3 and committed 4!*** Depending on your setup you can use a diseqc switch, Dp21, Dp34, Dp44 switch. No matter which Dishpro Lnb assembly is used, you may add up to a max of three dp34, Dp44 switches with a max cable distance of 200 feet from the LNB assembly to the furthest receiver!

For Legacy Twin or Quad with no switch:

Echostar 7 -119.0W
LNB Type: Legacy Twin LNB1----OR----Legacy Quad LNB1
DiSEqC Switch: OFF

Echostar 6,8 -110.0W
LNB Type: Legacy Twin LNB2----OR----Legacy Quad LNB2
DiSEqC Switch: OFF

If running one cable straight to receiver with no switch involved then set your dish settings as displayed above! Make sure your switch settings are set to the following ports 119- LNB1 and 110- LNB2!

***If adding another lnb then you must run 2 lines from your lnb to a diseqc switch then setup is the same but your other lnb would go to committed 3 and committed 4!***

When setting your "Dish Setting" you will see a signal meter on the bottom of the screen:

Level: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] 94%
Quality: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] 99%----You want your quality over 80%

AUTOSCAN

1.) Menu
2.) Installation
3.) Go to Auto Scan and press ok

When in your Auto Scan sat list, you may highlight all your receivable sats then go to the right side of the screen and highlight search type "All", turn "Network Search On", then press "OK" to start the scan. This will scan your satellites simultaneously.

You may also scan 1 sat at a time, it is recommended to choose you Sat's in order with your DiSEqC settings, first highlight your Sat that's using DiSEqC 1, then DiSEqC 2, 3, and 4 OR choose Sats from highest to lowest. Now go to right side of the screen and highlight search type "All", turn "Network Search On", then press "OK" to start the scan.
Lucky

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us