Conus 12443 TP 16

Username: Tommy12

Post Number: 6
I am having problems on my 2700 where the signal quality is 70%, however, will not lock on channel even with blind scans, advanced scans, TP scans therefore not recieving channels I use to get, help please

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2565
Changing TP's are happening again.

Noticed that some PPV channels were not showing up with programming in the EPG, ie 514, 515 on Echo 8.6, and sure enough, they were blank channels

Solutions (saved the best for last. - do what works for you!!):

First try turning the receiver off and on, using the switch at the back, not the remote. This re-sets the computer within the 3500. - quick remedy, just in case it's not a TP changing problem.

If that does not work, then:

Use an updated channel list (There you go Kokes!! LOL)

If none is available, which is what I exoect to be the case, then you have these options:

Nuke all channels and Blind scan the sat(s) again.

Blind Scan Polarity should be Vertical ONLY for DishPro LNB's

Note: On the missing or blank channel, press the OK button. At the bottom of the pop up screen you will see the sat and the frequency for that channel. Make a note of it.

Now, go into the TP Scan, TP selections.

You will note that the EXACT frequency for the missing channel is NOT listed. It's close, but no cigar. Therefor a normal TP scan will MISS the channels.

The TP scan will not find the changes because the frequency is not that of the listed TP frequency, It's just a bit off and that means the channels will be missed during a TP scan

Setting Default keys again, will also NOT bring in the TP changes.

Hint: every time I scan, I start with a different sat and save to SD after each sat scan. This way, I can choose the 119 and 61 combo as the starter CH load and just scan 110. Saves time in the long run. Just remember to delete any old saved combos that includes the newly updated sat.

BUT THERE ALSO IS AN EASIER WAY!! - WITHOUT NUKING CHANNELS!!

First, on the channel that says no signal, hit the OK button and write down the frequency of the changed TP and which sat it is on

. ie: TP 12600, sat echo 8.6

Go to installation menu and choose Advanced Scan

In the top row, manually enter 12600 as the frequency

Go down below and highlight Video PID

Press OK, wait for scan to finish, some 16 channels will show up in the above example, exit to programming and all will be fine

Now this is the long read to the solution, LOL, but it's gonna take you a lot less time to read and do it than it took for me to try and discover all these solutions - so that I may guide you to which way is best - and hopefully, you've learned something along the way

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2566
40-60 Strength and 30-70 Quality:
This level of strength and quality indicates that the dish needs to be fine-tuned to the satellite. You may have noticed that prior to getting the "Bad or No Signal" message your picture was occasionally blotchy and your audio may have been out of sync with the picture. These are all symptoms of the need to fine-tune the dish. Optimum signal quality is between 70 and 100.

TIP: You can fine-tune your dish by going back to the signal strength screen. While the signal bar is running, have someone out at the dish. He will need to loosen the collar that holds the LNB. This is done by slightly loosening the two screws that hold the collar together. Once these screws are loose, slowly twist the LNB a fraction of an inch. After each movement allow 5 seconds for the receiver to register the change and update your quality reading. If the quality readings immediately begin to get lower while the adjustments are being made, then the LNB needs to be turned in the other direction. Once the LNB fine tuning is complete, tighten the two screws on the LNB collar. You may then complete the scan by pressing START.

Username: Scorp7

Post Number: 7
Hi LK, Well I also have a similar problem. Inspite of the 97% quality for some reasons I am unable to get the channels in particular on transponder 6,12 and 18 from 61.5 with Cool*sat 5000. It gets stuck in autoscan/blind scan and manual scans. I could get only 16 channels and after trying several times added few more but thats it.

Another issue, is that when I remove the plug from the power supply, absolutely all channels are gone!!

I also have 110/119 and I set the 110 satellite and everything is fine but moment I start the autoscan/blind scan - it picks up channels from 119 only. And 119 picks up 119 correctly. Any specific way i can direct it to pick up 110 only?

Please advise. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 306
Delete the sat and start again.
If you have dishpro lnb try blind scan vertical Polarity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us