Help me choose a projection TV?

Anaty8
Unregistered guest
I'm moving into a new house with windows all around the opposite wall that my future TV will be against. Is there a particular technology (LCD, DLP, ?) that I should definitely stay away from so that I can watch TV during the day? I've heard that DLP's contrast is better for rooms with more light... is that true?

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 117
Stay away from DLP, and LCD. Read the forums. too many issues with both technologies. The Sony WEGA thread is particularly interesting. If Sony can't get it right....well. As far as DLP I would stay away from that until reliability is such that you don't HAVE to buy an Extended Warranty. YOu will need $200-$300 proj Bulbs every year or so on the PAnasonic and others as well.

Find a good RPCRT for $1200-$1500 with a non glare screen, wait three years then sopend $1500 on the technology that proves it's relaible instead of spending $3000 today and beta testing the latest crop of crap.

MattyS
Unregistered guest
tom bong, did a DLP TV screw your wife and drink all your beer? I think it's funny that you make a constant effort to trash new FP technology... makes one ponder your motives. You're not saving the universe from some evil scheme to rip everyone off. Just let it go, man... let it go...

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 449
Just warning him of the technology that keeps om taking! He is better off with a Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK Plasma for $1500.00....in my opinion of course.

Never owned a DLP never would after reading the threads. The FP technology would be great if there was more then on input where the display looked actually as good or better then CRT. LOL and if there was compelling HD content available..and not reality shows and sit coms found on the crappy Network primetime lineups.

Other then that....buy what you want. Keep pondering son.

Bronze Member
Username: Marvel

CANADA

Post Number: 16
I have a Sony RP LCD (KF50WE620). The window is right behind my couch and daytime viewing is good. Ofcourse watching TV or a movie at night is awsome. When I was researching TV's I kept coming back to this one over DLP because a) several people told me that LCD rear projection (especially Sony) is best for daytime watching and b) I really didn't trust the DLP technology. I am very happy with my purchase.

Hope that helps

Username: Tech_junkie

Post Number: 2
I just purchased a Sony KDS-55A2000 rear-projection LCD after struggling with the decision of what to buy over the last two months. The picture is incredible on both analog and digital feeds; very bright and a high contrast ratio (10,000:1) that is up there with plasma displays. When you compare price to performance and size, it's a very good deal.

My two cents.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us