Bell dish bracket for Sats 110 and 119

Username: Millertime001

Post Number: 5
Just a newbie getting set up to do some testing, but thought i would ask a couple of questions to hopefully save me some time and headaches.
I have both an 18" and a 20" Bell dish. Is bigger better?....for reception I mean...ha ha
I also have an attachment (bracket) that looks like a Y that will hold 2 LNB's side by side that will work on either dish that came new from Bell with the smaller dish. It has 82 written on one side and 91 written on the other one (for sat 82 and 91 I presume). Will this bracket attached to my dish also work for the 110 and 119 sats? They are both 9 degrees apart so I was hoping it would work. If it does which sat should I zero in on since there are no adjustments on the bracket?
Also is most programming the same on these 2 sats, or are most channels different?

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 19
You could simply try the bev lnb holder and see if it works with 110 and 119. I think it should work, but i've never tried it. You should be able to re-use the bev lnbs, as they are of the circular type. For programming, you will want both satellites (imho) but you can always go to www.lyngsat.cm to see what is offered on both sats.

And, yes, bigger is better...
same goes for reception.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 20
Hey, let me know if re-using the bev lnb holder works, cause i might be doing the same thing, but in reverse.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 172
Miller, I don't think the Y bracket will work, but I'm going by memory on how they look. The LNBs would be too far apart for both DNs to get the signal. They should rest side by side, one slightly higher than the other assuming you have 110 directly on the arm and that you're looking for DN, not BEV.
Check out the pics here...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/213548.html

Bronze Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 64
The bell dish will work fine for 91,82 or 119 110Upload

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 185
Sorry Miller, Rob and Jason were right.
I was thinking of the old Starchoice arm with the funky lnbs that they used to have with more a a Y split at the end.
Plus the 9 degree in your question should have given it away. 110 (degree) + 9 (degree) = 119. Simple arithmetic.

Username: Millertime001

Post Number: 6
Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2481
That bracket might be 9 degrees apart but the tilt and elevation will be different...but very manageable..

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1400
Yes it will work very well just do what LK said.

Line 110 first tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us