Switch and scans

Bronze Member
Username: Freshbadboy

Post Number: 16
Hi all,

I have 4 inputs (dishes) into a switch and one output that goes into the receiver. Problem is my switch is on the roof of the house.

I was told that when I do scans, I have to have only one input in the switch, do a scan, remove the input and replace with a new input, scan again, etc.

Is there an easier way to do this? I really don't like going up to the roof 5 times in the span of an hour just to do scans! Also with DN changing TP so often and us having to do scans so often, the problem becomes bigger.

I just wanted to know if there is an easier way.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dafee99

Post Number: 12
there sure is. Move the switch within a foot of the receiver. if you dont u will see a delay when aquiring channels from different sats. Note remember to turn power off when connecting or disconnecting the switch, otherwise you might need to plan to get a new one.

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 41
do you have the dishpro twin LNB, beside I don't know why you need remove the switch to scan?

Username: Friday

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi Boyce, I have a similar problem. I hope you can help. I have twin LNB, one with 22kHz on (all multi-cultural channels), the other one with 22kHz off(other dish channels). Since this moring, all multi-cultural turn black. I have try to re-scan but it keeps give me the same channels as the other LNB, I have lost all multi-cultural channels. Any help?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Upload
you mean legacy twin LNB? I don't think it will work with 121 and other (110, 119). I can't understand?

Username: Friday

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
No Boyce, it is two seperate LNB seperated installed on the dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
dafee - I can't bring the switch close to the receiver because the dishes are far and I don't want 4 wires dangling all around the house.

Boyce - no I don't have a twin lnb, but I was told that you can only scan one sattelite at a given time, and there should only be one input, otherwise, you will get problems if you have all 4 dishes connected to the switch and try to scan for one. Is that true, or was I misinformed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
mo money, from my swtiches to my boxes almost 100 feet behide my dish with 110 105 119 121, and it hook up with multiplexer an Disq switch, cause I have 4 boxes, I use the pansat, cool sat box,it work fine for me. I don't think you need remove the switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Amy, you can try to remove the sw21 and hook the cable to the 121 LNB, see it work, and also you can switch the cable from 121 to other, of cause other to 121 at the sw21, and re-set the 22K on to off, off to on, just try to find out is a dead sw21 or something else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
so what you are saying is simply have all 4 dishes conneced to the switch and do the scans for each dish without removing the other 3 (even if you are doing new full scans)???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Blind scan , yes. make sure the port setting of your switch is right.

Bronze Member
Username: Dafee99

Post Number: 14
as of what i understood, of the original post, i was thinking the switch being refered to was the Disq switch and it was that switch which was on top of the roof. When i first started, i remember trying to run only one wire from outside the house and was unsuccessful becuase of the delay in changing from one sat to the other and thus my response.-- i would see why u would need to disconect to download info.....
i didnt mean to cause more confusion. anyhow, it would be nice to have one wire running in the house instead of 2...and about switches. hmm maybe i should have not tried to help in this thread..; i know nothing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
dafee you are correct, I do have a Disq switch, and that is where my wire is coming from!!! The switch is a good distance away from the receiver (the length of the house) but that doesn't seem to give me any trouble when switching between sats (a little bit but not too much).

I simply wanted to know if I have all 4 sats connected to the switch (disq) do I have to disconnect 3 to do a scan on the fourth, or can I have everything plugged in and do scans on each of the dishes?

Thanks again for all the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us