Colour spots on top sides of RCA TV

Unregistered guest
Yesterday evening I purchased a RCA 27V412T 27' CRT television. I hooked everything up and everything was ok. However, my stand was not big enough and the tv was placed on a angle tilting towards its back a bit. I turned it on, and everything worked properly. I also have a vcr, gamecube, and ps2 hooked up.

Today I turned the stand a bit to hookup a S-Video Cable that runs to my computer. It was at this point when I noticed a purple splotch on the top left, and a green splotch on the top right. I disconnected the S-Video cable, but the problem was still there. I disconnected the vcr and game consoles, and it was still there.

I then tried to tilt the tv back into its normal position, and noticed that the purple went away, but the green got bigger and deeper.

Figuring it was the angle that was the cause, I went out and got a bigger stand. Yet the same problem persists. On the bright side, the purple is now very dimm, but the green is still pretty bad.

I have tried unplugging for up to an hour, but has not worked. I have e-mailed RCA but have not got a reply back. I don't know much about electronics other then a computer, and would not be able to get in there and repair it myself. Should I contact the store where I bought it from (1 year warrenty), or is there a easier solution.

P.S I do have a computer speaker to the left side (purple), but it at least 2 feet away, and was there before the problem began.

Unregistered guest
Sorry for the double post, but I could not find an "edit" button. I also wanted to mention that after putting the tv on the bigger stand, the purple side is pretty much unnoticble, but the green is very noticible.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7117
Was the TV anywhere near the vicinity of big speakers or a magnetic field?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us