Satellite internet?

wildernesman
Unregistered guest
does anyone know if it is possible to set up an internet connection to your computer from your sat. reciver?If so how would it be done? Sorry if i am in the wrong forum or if this is a stupid question,i am just currious to if it can be done so i can do it,thanks in advance..

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 161
not possible, you need satellite modem. For full info go to www.surfdway.com

just curious
Unregistered guest
so if i get a modem its possible i have dish 500

where can i get the modem

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 171
no, you need not only modem,you need special LNB(this LNB working "in" and "out", I mean received and sended back signal). Or by second method ,you get signal from Bird and send it back
via telephone line. But if you dont know so well how it work, they will catch you in 1..2..3.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 172
Upload

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 173
To send signal to Bird you need big big big dish,and special tools and it cost a lot money and without special license you cannot do it, otherwise if they catch you . Fine will be like this
Upload

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 174
But in general , everything it's possible ....only MONEY...

Troy2388
Unregistered guest
Another way you can have satellite internet is by making a can antanna and use ur dish to retrive wireless internet signal, but you need to make it ur self by buying pigtail and sma and tnc connector and also lmr400 wires. it can get wireless signal from miles away.

Troy2388
Unregistered guest
Another way you can have satellite internet is by making a can antanna and use ur dish to retrive wireless internet signal, but you need to make it ur self by buying pigtail and sma and tnc connector and also lmr400 wires. it can get wireless signal from miles away.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 176
Beter and chiper way ,its to buy scanner for wireless hot spot (I am sure some of yours neighbor use wireless internet) and hack it from them, that is all.
P.S. it will cost you less then dish,modem,LNB...e.g.)

cheetos
Unregistered guest
where can i get that scanner from or what if my neighbor don't have wireless internet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us