Unable to get any signal with Pansat 3500

Username: Sekator

Post Number: 1
Hi there, I just got the Pansat 3500 and am trying to set it up to Echo3. I have my external antenna (from my old satellite provider) hooked up to the Pansat 3500 (through an external splitter box, since I want to add an additional antenna later for Echo 7).
I am trying to find the signal for Echo3 and basically stood with the antenna in my hand scanning the entire sky in both south-east and south-west and my quality was always 0, no signal, nada, no matter what I tried.

Is there something off the top your head that you could think off that I might be doing wrong? The antenna is hooked into the Pansat 3500 via the "Antenna" input (should I be putting it into the IF Input, whatever that is...I tried that too but quality was always 0% as well). I checked the LNB inside and it is properly connected to the cable (i.e. connection is not loose).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am a total newbie when it comes to the Pansat, but I was not expecting it to be this complicated. thanks

Anonymous

if input is for satellite, also make sure antenna setup is correct

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Right if in is for the sat dish.Get rid of the splitter.You need to run from lnb to receiver if in. If you want 2 sats then you need a diseqc switch.You need 1 lnb for each sat you want to hit.Set up your first with no switch then add the second and third later.With the switch.When you add the switch and other sats go to antenna setup and set diseqc to match whatever sats you have connected to the corresponding ports on the switch.

Bronze Member
Username: Stupidbush

Arkansas, Arkansas Bangladesh

Post Number: 44
Relax boy , everyhing comes little by little..
don't get mad.. patient is everything for free $ tv.
Upload

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Would also recomend you setup Echo 7 and Echo 8/6 first.Theres much better content on those 2.A dish with 2 lnbs like a dp500 works for both but you still need the diseqc switch.But you can setup 2 old dtv dishes and do the same thing or make a poor man 2 lnb dish from 1 dtv single and glue a lnb on it.

Post Number: 2
Sorry, it's not a splitter, it IS a Disenq switch (says so right on it, that's what the store sold me, sorry that I called it a splitter, did not know the difference between the two).

I think my problem is that I was plugging into "Antenna" instead of "IF IN". I tried with IF in and at least for a split second my quality went up to 70% (but then I lost it again of course, since I was holding the dish in my hand...I will reattach it back to the side of the house and try slow minute adjustments).

Could you guys give me an idea as to what angle upwards the dish should be? Is this shown somewhere? I will also try Echo7 first...thanks!

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
The general direction to point in is helpfull.Look at the neighbors and get a general cumpas direction.Now mount yours and make sure the pole is level on the top.Point in the general direction of your compus setting.In antenna setup select say echo 7 and scroll down to TP and move over to TP#2.Just so you know TP#1 Is dead to echo 7.TP#2 is dead to Echo 8/6.This makes finding the correct bird easy.Hence use TP#1 to find Echo8/6.Now move in small very small increments right left up and down unlit you start to get something.Then small adjustments for best possible signal.Now once you got good quality move down to SATELLITE SCAN ALL and press ok.If you have the right sat then the channells will populate.After it gets done exit out and wait for it to auto roll and watch TV.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Just some warnings.When you setup your dish its possible to get a good signal from the wrong sat.You can tell this when you scan.If you get channells from something other than the sat you wanted.As an example when i first setup i hit nimmiq 1 which is 19 deg east and higher than Echo 8/6 what i was trying to hit.No prob.Just delete all channells and mark the dish.Az and elev.Now move towards the sat you want.If that happens at least you have a reference point to go from.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Another Tip:Each sat uses 20 to 30 TRANSPONDERS each.Each TP has like 10 or so channells on it.So youll notice in antenna setup that there are like 32 TPs for each sat.Some are good and some are not.The receiver comes new with all the TPs preprogramed in it.Some of the TPs have a stronger signal than others also some are dead to that sat.Dont let that through you off.The weaker TP are spotbeamed for locations from east to west.IE;some of the TPs are ment for the east coast and some for west.Doesnt mean you wont get them just they show weaker sig.qual.Once you have good sig chose a weaker one and tune your dish for best quality.Then check the stronger ones.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
MORE TIPS>BLIND SCAN:

If you use blind scan the receiver first scans the sat for the active TPs first then scans all the TPs for channells.The problem here is if you use blind scan on say 8/6 it will find all the active TPs but will add them to the ones already programed into the receiver.Now when you look at the TPs in antenna setup it will have like 20 more than before.So now youll have 52 instead of the 32 it came with.Also these receivers dont recognize the TPs #s correctly but they work still work ok.IE:When i blind scan say it finds 12114 but showes as 12113.Now when you do a blind scan the best thing to do is go to edit sat TPs and delete all the TPs first then blind scan.I dont recommend anyone to do a blind scan unless you fully understand this method.Its best to go with the preprogramed TPs and just use SATELLITE SCAN ALL in antenna setup.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
ONE MORE??SAT METER

Buy a sat meter.Especialy if you gonna set up several or use a dual dish.They save you in aspirin what one costs.The problem with them is most the cheap ones dont tell what sat your hitting but they work as well as the ones that do and with a little experence with one youll be finding every thing in a tenth the time.Especialy the hard to hit like G10r which is a linear bird that requires at least a 30 inch dish and linear LNBF.

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
BEST TIP OF ALL:

When you are setting up your dishes.Do them one at a time.Without a switch in the line.Add the switch after the dishes are pointed.And dont disconnect or connect anything with the power on to the receiver or POOF there goes a switch or lnb.

Post Number: 3
I got the basics working (i.e. sat signal is OK, thanks for all the tips)

Quick question: how do I lock a TP in my Antenna setup for a particular satellite? I always select one that gives me 90% quality, but as soon as I press Menu or OK to go back to the sat selection list, it reverts back to whatever the default TP is (which gives me only 45% quality)...I am having problems with the scan which goes on forever for a particular TP, would like it to use just the one where I get best quality (if I am understanding things correctly)...thanks

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
How to explain.You cant lock a TP.Its on whatever channell you last used.IE if the channell you were last wathcing is on 12332 only as example. When you go to antenna setup that will be the TP showen. Try this change channells and then go to antenna setup.Youll see the TP that channell is on highlighted. Now exit out to a picture.Press ok an bring up the channell list an scroll through. Notice how at the bottom the info showes the sat and TP the channell highlighted is on.Like i explained above about TPS on each sat.

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
TPS are the DFREQ in the info screens,It stands for DOWN FREQUENCY.

Post Number: 4
OK....when I do a satellite scan on some TPs it just seems to hang forever (let's say I am on 5% for the last 20 minutes and it does not seem to be moving forward, found 6 channels or so thus far right at the beginning and then it's stuck...is this normal?

Is there a manual for the Pansat3500 that explains all of this somewhere? I didn't get it in the box so I am a bit lost as to what the terminology is and where I might be getting stuck if there are problems :-(

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
Yeah for some reason my 2700 does that too. Found if you go to antenna setup select say Echo7 press ok and scroll down to satalltte scan all and press ok that it works.Are you doing it that way?If you are you may need to delete the TP thats hanging it up. To do that go to edit TP/SATELLITE and delete that one TP.Note the TP # that it hangs on first.But only if your the first method isnt working.

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
Just realized that your signal is a little low that can hang the scan on a weak TP.What channells has it scanned?You may be pointed at the wrong sat.

Bronze Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 66
Hi Secator,if you want I can send you by e-mail Pansat 3500s Setup Guide (full edition).

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
If its the original from the manfacturer THROW IT AWAY.Nothing in is worth reading other that the codes for the universal remote codes.

W-LEE
Unregistered guest
NO THIS IS UNDERGROUND SETUP GUIDE WITH NAGRA 48 BETA

Post Number: 5
Sure, send it to jacek99 AT gmail. thx

As far as the setup, I am getting signal on both Echo7 and Echo8...so which sat am I pointing at??? Is it normal that some TPs are at 45% while others at 95%, or does this indicate I still need to do more adjustment?

Right now I am poiting at about 21 degrees...I assumed this was Echo7, since that's what I had it set up on when I was searching for a signal...

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 67
WHICH FORMAT YOU WANT : ADOBE OR MICROSOFT OFFICE?

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Like i said before easy to hit the wrong sat.The receiver only sees signal and doesnt differentiate which it is.Only looks like your hitting them all.Now tell me what channells did show up and ill tell you what sat it is and where you have to move to.Sorry for the spelling my thumbs are huge.

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 68
Secator ,go check yours e-mail.

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
Is it normal that some TPs are at 45% while others at 95%,

Yeah if your pointed at nimiq 1 the canada sat.What channells started showing i know it saved some.

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 69
Receiver Configuration set up

With the Receiver unplug

1. Connecting all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, and connect RG-6 Cable to the receiver, then
Plug in power cord on the receiver.

2. You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

3. From the MAIN MENU: selecting INSTALLATION then Antenna setup Option.

These are my dish set up and DiSeqC multi switch configuration;
DiSeqC #1 SuperDish Echo9-IA 13 Dishnet 121
DiSeqC #2 Echo8.6/Ku 110W,
DiSeqC #3 Echo7/Ku at 119W

Satellite: ECHO 9(121) same as dish 105
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-10750
22khz-OFF
DiseqC- #1
Skew: O
TP: leave it as is
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard or DP LNB ( if you have DishPro LNB)
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
Lnb type-Standard LNB or DP LNB ( if you have DishPro LNB)
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#3
Positioner-Disable.

4. Check the signal and Quality level highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength).
If you get no quality level on transponders, try others before giving up, because not all TPs are transmitting,
if nesscery Re-aim your dish still not getting any quality signal

5. Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting, the back to the Main Menu

6. Go back to the Installation Menu

7. Goto SATELLITE SCAN or BLIND SCAN, press OK, select the satellite to scan.
you have to scan all the satellites have, once it complete, you should be able to watching TV

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the doc, I am reading it now.

If I am geting readings on 2 different sats, does that mean I need to readjust my dish again?

=l ; L
Unregistered guest
GEE Mike your AWFULLY helpful.

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
If I am geting readings on 2 different sats, does that mean I need to readjust my dish again?

NO NO NO what it means is your playing around in antenna setup and downloading useless manuals when you should be telling me what channells showed up.You are pointed at only one sat.Which one i dont know cause you havent told me what channells showed up......

Post Number: 7
I am pointed at Echo8! I know, 'cause I am getting the channels from it now, it's all working...it's all great...thank you guys for all your help!

I am guessing Echo7 and Echo8 have fairly similar channels?

Username: Poscor

Post Number: 1
if hes pointing @1 sat why diseq switch

Post Number: 2
there all tv channels scan both

=l ; O
Unregistered guest
I am guessing Echo7 and Echo8 have fairly similar channels?

Well there both dissh net but half the channells are on 7 and the other half are on 8/6
Guessing is right.Are you actually watching TV???If your pointed at 8/6 then what you should do is echo 8/6 satellite scan all in antenna setup and delete the echo 7 channells in with channell edit.Point another dish at 7 and scan it.

Post Number: 8
OK, will delete the Echo7 channels since none of them work anyway, thanks guys (and girls).

P.S. I was using a Disenq switch before because I was planning two sats.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Are you watching any tv or are you still scanning.???Just curious.

glad you are up, just connect lnb for echo7 and get it all

=l ; (
Unregistered guest
Dude i still wonder if he actually has anything yet.Still needed to autoroll and didnt see him say anything about. LMAO I GIVE UP.

Post Number: 5
tuff thread,
wanting echo-3? dont really know?
trying to help.

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 70
Secator go here,http://www.dsstester.c*m/files.php?cat=14
(remove star in word com) and pick up bin 141.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
I always try to help.Some peeps are helpless.Some get it right off.Some leave you guessing.Did they actually get it going.Hell its all just time kill.All for the fun of it till it aint fun no more.

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 71
Hey =I;) why you so sad? do you need any help?

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Yeah mike you tell him.Shoot i forgot totaly to ask him if he had put the bin in.Blurb on me.

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 72
Maybe he knows about the bin.

Post Number: 6
bin 141 wont help, sekator needs good sat sig

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
You know I really doubt it.But maybe.Take a bet on it???

Post Number: 7
to get any signal with Pansat 3500

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Yeah the sat signal says nimiq 1. 95 to 45 across the TPs???
Bets???

Post Number: 9
Guys, I HAVE the signal, I am watching TV...all is good...I had the unit already programmed for me, I just had to add in the new codes once I got it all up and running. I should probably find out what all of this "bin" stuff is vs. just new codes and where do I get them :-)

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 73
Hey Secator, where are you,just update us,what is yours status,if you cannot get it signal get out from roof it's cold and dark ,we do it tomorrow let's start drink..

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
All right you did it thanks for letting us know.The new bins autoroll the keys whenever they change.You upload them to your receiver with your cumputer.Way to go.You can get them all over the place like where mike showed you.

Post Number: 8
dude nimq is bev. dish 110 or 119

Bronze Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA

Post Number: 74
Thank's GOD, you got tv...so cheer...

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
If sig is still all over the place a little fine tuning of the dish will help.Setup for both 7 an 8/6 youll be real happy with it.Then go for Bev nimiq 1(canada) at 91w.For reference echo 7 is at 119w and 8/6 is at 110w.

Post Number: 9
lets hope!

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
Hey 5 hours thats not bad for first time.

Post Number: 10
shouda had em set up da dish too!!!! any event. enjoy!

Username: Terryhhh

hey mike ,newbie here. following the threads but still lost!! terryhhh@canada.com off to play hockey thanx... canT seem to get sat 6.8 have echo 7 0r 8.6 0r 9? anyhow thanx for all the info guys later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us