Diseqc Switch Problem - LNB compatibility issues?

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have 2 dual LNBF's installed. The diseqc switch will not work when both LNB's are tied into it. Below I have listed the properties of the LNB's that differ.. Could this impact the switches behaviour. Note: both LNBs work properly when fed directly into the receiver separately, but not when tied in through the diseqc... When fed through the diseqc, one LNB appears to flood the switch and the other LNB is not detected...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Sorry, here are the specs.

LNB1
RF: 11.20/12.70 Ghz
IF: 950/1450 Mhz

LNB2
RF:12.2/12.7 Ghz
IF:950/1450 Mhz

pe
Unregistered guest
R U sure you get the right satellite??
What r they???

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 723
what are these...circular or linear...legacy or dish pro..need more info..

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
also U could have a bad switch..or incorrect receiver antennae configuration settings..

Bronze Member
Username: Mav444

USA

Post Number: 13
I have the same problem as the person above, is it that I have the splitter to far from the receiver? I have it outside hooked up as soon as my coax's come out of the LNB's and one coax running inside to receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
Move it and find out...help yourself to find some solutions...don't expect to be catered to..

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 14
Gee Thanks didn't know it was that big of am issue there LK

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
It was big enough for U to come to the internet , find a DSS site and post the question...wasn't it!..but I guess not big enough for U to move the switch and find your answer..sounds like pure LAZINESS to me..

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 15
Well didn't know that you was the only one I was adderesing my question to.Im sure there's alot of other people here that has the knowledge to answer the question.Soif I post a question you don't have to answer it.But thanks for the repy!

Username: Yanniss

Post Number: 1
there is no need to insult each other should be help or if u can not help dont say anything . this is the only site where poepel can use any profanity and cursing each other grow up mannnnnnnnn . this is not about lazziness . im not newbie im pro and i experience that that's why we are here to exchange information .
the answer is if there is no swith in between and the cable is not split . it's either the swith or the lnbs one is more powerful than the other so try to change the lnbs but not before cheking the swith they r not great thposes swiths. thanx

Username: Terryhhh

Post Number: 2
got to agrre with lk here I am a newbie who f^%$ed up my factory defaults I think but I read all I can and then try it out!!! couldn't put in f last night.. all other #s and letters were cool; then went nuts and messed all up but now ;read a blind scan may help so trying that. apreciate all who help here and even more the dry remarks helps to laugh when dish is down!! thanx terry h
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us