Specific Pansat 2500A Clone Flashing problems

Anonymous

First of all, I am unsure if my receiver is indeed a Pansat 2500A clone, so I would like some confirmation. The only clue I can give is that under the System Information, it is labelled with X-85BL. The receiver itself (have two) is labelled with "Free to Air" and "MultiStar".

I am familiar with the steps that I have seen posted so many times. Yet I notice that it does not address any problems that may happen in between certain steps. In other words, it does not provide any troubleshooting.
For me, the case is that downloading isn't doing anything.

To explain in more details
(A step by step following of flashing guide):

1. Connect the serial cable to the receiver and Comm #1 or Comm #2 port of your computer.
Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.

--How can you determine if your cable is indeed a straight or null modem cable? Is there any indications or a way to test it?
My theory of testing it, given that a Pansat 2500A PC-to-Receiver transfer requires a Straight cable and a Receiver-to-Receiver transfer requires a Null-Modem (twisted) cable. If a Receiver-to-Receiver transfer succeeds then it is a twisted cable right?

2. Plug in the receiver power core, make sure the switch is turn to "ON " from the rear panel,
Then turn the power ON with remote control or from the front. You have to wait for receiver to boot up and indicated ON.

--No problem here.

3. Run the Down loader GTRom Loader from the new created folder.
--Used GTRom Loader 3.32 and also used BlacklistUpdater 1.4

4. Click the BIN FILE button, browser and select latest BIN FILE, then click the Open button.
--Using Pansat-clone 2500A 272.bin
--also have 271 and other earlier versions

5. Click the Download button, wait until the Download Completed.
Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until receiver displayed ON.

-- HERE is the problem.
-- The progress bar remains at 0% and will eventually timeout with a failure message.
-- What factors would cause this to happen?
-- The receiver is definitely ON, doing the above steps implies this state. I tried various other states as well. Such as has power but not ON; has power and turned ON such that it shows the current channel on the display; when the receiver is showing the menu; and also in the menu after doing a Factory Reset.
-- Is it the computer? I tried on 2 different computers with different OSes (XP and 98)
-- Is it the cable? Tried 3 different cables.
-- Is it the software? GTRomLoader 3.32 and BL 1.4 both failed with same problem.

6. At this point; You are done with the software update. You can turn off power, then disconnect it from the PC.
-- Never makes it here.

In my search for this problem, I've seen a few individuals who seems to be conveying similar symptons (mainly those that says "stuck at 0%" or something like that), but none of them ever had a person address the problem or atleast address it decently.
Either way, does anyone realise the reason for this phenomenon?

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 777
U have a PANSAT 2500 CLONE AND REQUIRE A STRAIGHT CABLE, not NULL MODEM..they look identical and U cannot tell them apart!....try other bins like the 256T using BL updater 1.4...timing and switch positions are critical...so pay attention....U also might want to upload the factory 222 or 224 bin first,to clean up any corruption U have in your receiver..Nobody can address the UNSEEN!...we don't see EXACTLY whay u are doing!..

Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash (for pansat, use 222 or 224 bin) again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat (1500-2300-2500) use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and Pansat 2700-3500 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working SERIAL port (NOT USB), you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. IF in doubt, key:global will work..some uploaders don't ask..I prefer BL 1.4

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Timing is critical here...U may have to wait 1-2 seconds.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us