Motorized dish??

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 61
I have installed several motorized dish and never had this problem happened to me. Ok here it is, I have a pansat 2700A, satcontrol sm3d12 motor, 31" dish, one circular,one linear lnb and a switch. I had everything installed with the 140 bin file like I USUALLY do . My friend who I am installing the dish for is intersted in the following satellites: T5, echo7, echo8,6, echo9/IA-13, AMC15, and Nimiq1,3. I have perfect signal quality and strenght on all of them, and stored each satellite under diffrent position number. The problem is that the motor only move between the first 2 stored satellites.
EX: If I store my satellites in this order T5 position 1, echo7 position 2,...etc, then the motor only switch between the T5 and echo7.
I tried multiple combinations, but I get the same result.
I have to tell you that this is the first sm3d12 motor I am installing, but have installed several SG 2100 motors without any problem.

If anybody have any idea please help.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Motor limits?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I first disabled the limits and It didn't work, then I set the limits to all the way west and all the east. Both setting should allow the motor to go horizon to horizon I think. In other words the satellites I am concerned about fall within those limits.

Silver Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 105
did you zero it true south for starters and reset. then find closest sat to true south and save as goto.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Thanks RAC for helping.
No I did not zero it. But the motor was at the zero position when I got it. My longitude is at 97.5 W and my most souhtern satellite is Telestar5 at 97 W and therefore I can keep my motor at zero position or make my zero position at .5 W wich is a miniscul diffrence from zero. But to unswer you question, I did not zero it and did not reset it and do not know how to reset anyway.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 107
Probably pin hole on under belly of motor if like SG2100.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Thanks RAC I will check that and report back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us