The receiver to have is ???

Username: Ssenow

Post Number: 6
What receiver for the price do you guy recommend??

rectifier125
Unregistered guest
a cool sat 5000 at the moment

Bronze Member
Username: Le74nguyen

Perris, Ca Usa

Post Number: 14
NO I DON'T THINK SO--- I THINK IT'S VIEWSAT DIAMOND 2000
OH I NEED NEW KEY FOR MY PANSAT 2500A/NOW DISNET IS SHUTDOWN
ANY BODY HAVE IT!!!PLEASE UPDATE..

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 266
Hey linda; Dicknet is not "shutdown", what is a vwst diamond, never heard of it, I would reccomend vwst. plt., works great, plenty of support. Keys posted everywhere, just look. Doesn`t the panst have an autoroll bin yet? Another reason for vwst. plt...

rectifier125
Unregistered guest
THE VIEWSAT u gotta be kidding
they release files every day that do absolutly nothing but cause more probs
all u have to do is go around the sites and see that
and the viewsat does NOT run at 160mhz as thats a lie and is said that to boost there sales
the viewts use a cx24142 processor rated at 133mhz and not 160mhz as viewsat boast
the proof is here and im a electronic tech owning 4 repair centers so im not blowing smoke
theres also alot more true facts i can post about the viewsats but i will not even go there right now but here is the processor the viewsats use and wha i post are facts from a technicians point of view>> http://www.conexant.com/products/entry.jsp?id=866

rustypupper
Unregistered guest
Viewsat, it is impressive how many bins that you get out every week, but please DO NOT ADD any more new features until you get the current ones to work correctly. I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing, but the last solid bin file was V76. Since then there have been lots and lots and lots of extra's added, but the stability has gone further and further downhill.

Examples ... motor setup/operation problems (I took my motor down because it was too aggrevating), slow channel changes, slow/no response to remote, channel freeze's, system freeze's, pixilation/digitalation problems (1024 made me think I was watching 'The Matrix' the other day), system reboots, incomplete sat scans (not pulling in all the channels, that my other stb's are), the list could go on and on.

rectifier125
Unregistered guest
why u tell people to buy a lifetime ultra?
those are now old and outdated and still way up in price
they use a Sti 5518ST20 which only runs at 81mhz and that really shows its slowness when doin sat scans changing channels and much more
i wouldnt use a lifetime ultra if it was given to me

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1285
rusty is correct!..the last and best Viewsat bin was the v76..BL not only is in with Pansat, but Viewsat too!...ever since BL and TDG took over al7bar tk, software support for the Pansats and Viewsats (which BOTH have had autoroll for quite a while now) has gone downhill..C*oolsat has finally caught its 2nd wind now with the 5000, cause it had very slow and poor support there for awhile too..

Best receiver...thats like asking whats the best car...personal preference...receivers are only as good as the support/software available..I would still say top 3 are Viewsat, C*oolsat, Pansat...and of course the Dreambox,if U have the patience and time to understand it, compared to the other relatively simple receivers..

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1140
Dream box is #1 and not hard to do if you can read.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 267
Hey rectifier; I concede to your advanced knowledge, all I can say is what works for me. I don`t load a new bin every time one comes out, only if theres a prob., so far, other than errors due to me playing around, the stb has worked excellently. Thanks for the info, I am always willing to learn and you cleared up why so many new files, but I believe in the adage " if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it". Happy New Year!!!

rectifier125
Unregistered guest
well thats fine and glad u like it but why not step up to another faster 1?
anyway now as far as the viewsats and the problems people are havin
the reason everyone is havin so many probs w/their viewsats is that after v76 was released which was a great file even thought it didnt have autoroll
was that every file loaded after it is literally data stacking upon it causing to much data for the processor to handle as all these other files put on top of it just overload the processor
the best thing for all to do at this point is to reflash back to factory bin and virginize the data in the processor and then load the 76 bin and then all yur probs will be solved but u will not have auto roll and if u do then u still have newer files in there and they need to be cleared out

Letmeon
Unregistered guest
No problems with my Multistar Pantec Ultra.
Last May got it for $99 .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
All FTA's work on the same methodology, that being Free TV (although sometimes it's a pain to do). The two questions anybody needs to ask themselves are: 1. How much money do I have to spend? 2. What do I want the unit to do? Just get free TV and depend on others to keep it up and running...Or test with it and try some stuff of my own.

Username: Ssenow

Post Number: 10
The information is priceless, thanks. Also, I am looking at the DISH1000 dish, because I hear that the 61.9 bird is coming down and the 129 will take over service. Is there any truth to this or should I get the SUPERDISH instead?

P.S. What is the max number of satellites a Pansat 2700 receiver can pick up. I say a 8/1 switch, can you really pick up 8 satellites?

rectifier125
Unregistered guest
well i c theres gonna be another bl follower who will prolly sooner or later load one of his bins and kill the pansat
b4 u rush and buy 1 i suggest u do some reaserch on it first and see the real truth on the specs and slow processor speed
do yoself a favor

rustypupper
Unregistered guest
yup another is gonna buy probs with that 1
w/a processor thats only rated at 81mhz
sloooooow in every way from loading to scanning sats to channel changing
have fun with your headache

Unregistered guest
just got dishnet 5oo twin lnb. im in california. how do I get all the chanels do the FTA work. IF so how does the dreambox work. do I need a computer. is the dreambox compatible with my dish. is it hard to instal. do I need to change my twin lnb. pleas help . IM new to the fta game. need some knowledg.thank you E mail me

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie20

Post Number: 12
The receiver to have is anything without a BL file/bin on it!!!

SAT SITES
Unregistered guest
http://www.satellite100.com/list.php?status=NOC

Username: Jtdss

Post Number: 1
hi all,
Just receive Pansat 3500SD and try to load bin file but it fails ~80% completion with any hint. I follow the procedure on pansatusa.com

Receiver: Pansat 3500SD
GTRom_Loader_v3.4
Pansat 3500S_060105_117_api(N)_1

Did I get a bad receiver? The bin file shouldn't be bad since it from pansatusa.com. Your expertise is appreciated.
Thanks, JT

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 194
Load the autoroll 137 bin (dsscommunity.co*m forums pansat files), and set the default key...scan the satellites seperately(without disque switch connected)..hook up disques switch... configure receiver settings....let the autoroll complete 1-10 minutes "waiting for picture" could go to 1000..wait til its done...watch TV..

Username: Beaumontj

Post Number: 4
Jt
Make sure you fully unzip the file

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
If someone does have enough knowlege to unzip a file,then they should go back to 7th grade and let their parents SUBSCRIBE...

tho
Unregistered guest
Mine is an affordable Pansat 2700A that works quite well EXCEPT the EPG is darn slow particularly when the 2 HRS span expires. I am looking for a receiver that works at least as well as or better than the 2700A but must have an excellent EPG (e.g. fast and provides more than 2 hours EPG). By the way, i have 110+119.

Any suggesttion ? (model and cost please)

lovinlin
Unregistered guest
What Channels/ppvs do you get with a "FTA". Do you get directv, dishnet, BEV?

Thanks for the answers, just thinking about getting one, but wanted some info first.

Thank-You..

D.

my2cents
Unregistered guest
tho...
for the last 4 months, I have been using Pansa*t 3500s. I bought about 8 of them already and all work superb. Fast channel changing and EPG is excellent. Also, the BIN file that they have work really great. Some of my friends were having problem of loosing channels on their Fortec & Pansa*t 2500 & 2700. My 3500s loose nothing and running like a champ.

Lovinlin...
PPVs channels on FTA, you can say every PPVs that they have of Dishnetwork, including the special event of on demand PPV, like people pay 50-100 bucks for a boxing match. FTA is way to go if you want to watch lots of movies, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, etc.. But keep in mind, play with FTA is a hobby at your own risk. If you're looking for stabble and worry free then you should stay with subscription from cable or satellite company.

Username: Bestfreesatcom

Post Number: 5
BUY A PREPROGRAMMED FTA FROM HTTP://WWW.BESTFREESAT.COM SET IT AND FORGET IT
LOOK AT THE THOUSAND OF POST OF "HOW DO I" "ITS DOWN" "WHERE DO I GET A BIN" "MY FTA IS BURNED UP BY A CLONE KILLER" -----PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GET A PREPROGRAMMED WORKING FTA- AND DON'T BE WITHOUT TV AS LONG AS N2 HOLDS UP A LONG LONG TIME

Gold Member

Post Number: 1278
You are full of it. B S is alive and well i see at you place.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
Best...U nor anybody has any files that will last as long as N2..so quit your lying and misleading everyone..sooner or later the receiver will need programmed again...and it only takes 5 minutes to load and program it...so people should program it themselves..

U want to SPAM...go ahead ...but don't lie and mislead the people here....which U are and have been doing, which is fraud and an internet crime BTW...

PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GET A PREPROGRAMMED WORKING FTA- AND DON'T BE WITHOUT TV AS LONG AS N2 HOLDS UP A LONG LONG TIME....this is an outright BS lie!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
Well we agree on that LK. LOL

I don't believe people are that dumb. But you never know!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
After being here awhile..I have learned that people are dumber than what I always thought..U know "what are the keys"? (when they are posted in the post above them...LOL)...its scary how lazy and ignorant people really are...I'm no brain surgeon,but I personnaly have never met people as dumb as I have here..this here is like the "sped" class in HS,...just generalizing,not all here are that ignorant...and some that post are very bright,but its a minority..

So for any scam or dealer, this is like stealing candy from a kid....and I hate to see the mentally slower ones here get taken or be lied to or mislead....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us