Bev with DP LNB

Vico
Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm new to this and wanted to ask if it is possible to get Bev with a dishpro LNB. I can get 110 and 119 channels but not any of the BEV channels.

Do I need another LNB for BEV? I am in eastern US.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 373
Hey Vico; U will need another lnb to get all three. The easiest way is add another 18in. dish, single lnb aimed at 91w. You`ll have to read about the switch hook-up, I think there are some comments in some previous threads here.

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 411
DP LNB's will receive Bev signals..

Vico
Unregistered guest
I do get a signal on 91 with my current DP LNB. I also loaded a channel list with BEV channels on it. But when I try to view some of the channels I get bad channel or scrambled message on screen. I updated the latest BEV keys in the N2 screen. So I'm not sure why I can't view the channels on 91.

I also did a blind scan and it found lots of TP's but no channels.

Am I missing something else here?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
need more info...what receiver...bin...autoroll...disque switch..using DP lnb's...set deafault key...etc..

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
also did U reboot the receiver...power off/on from back..and are U 100% sure U are aligned at 91W

Vico
Unregistered guest
The reciever is Quantum 3000 (Pansat 2500a clone). The bin I am using is 264. I'm not sure about the other items, I'll check when I get home tonight.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Not sure ifvthats a bev bin or not...either way, upgrade to 270T autoroll with Bev and DN, then set the default key...keys will roll into place,watch TV...U will have to scan the satellites again,depending how many LNB's U have..and if U are aimed at 91 W and 110-119...which U would need 3 LNB's (eyes in front of roof dish)

Vico
Unregistered guest
LK,

Thanks, I will update the bin to 270T tonight. But I currently only have a dual DP LNB. Will that be enough to pickup 91? I do get a good signal on it now when I check the SAT button on my remote control.

Thanks
Vico

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
Dual LNB = 1 satellite ONLY with 2 (dual) outputs for 2 receivers...yes U can get Bev 91W ,but ONLY 1 satellite..I would much rather have a Dishnet (DN) satellite like the 119 or 110..

www.lyngsat.com lists all the various channels on each satellite...much more channels on DN than B..bev

Vico
Unregistered guest
Oh, I think I got it. I definitly want to keep 110 and 119. If I want to add 91 I will need to put another LNB with a disque switch.

I thought I could get all 3 with my current 1 dual DP LNB because I get a good signal (95% and up) on the reciever for all 3 (91, 110, 119).

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
The receiver will give U a good signal for all satellites,but it doesn't really know which one U are aimed at..

U can't have 110 AND 119 if U have a dual LNB...ONLY 1 satellite to 2 receivers..

U need 1 LNB per every satellite that U want to receve a signal from..

killd da pansat!!
Unregistered guest
Hi, since this seemed like a good thread for someone to help here goes: My friend recently purchased a Clone Pansat 2500a. He put my Pansat 2500a (original) bin into it. I told him that it would kill his box but he said to continue. Now his box freezes up. Is there any way to fix it?!?!? Please help so I can finish this off. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1286
killd da pansat!!

Post the same thing all over in 5 different threads!!!!!!! No one will help you when you do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us