SONY KV-34XBR910 problems..SONY wants to replace mine with one from their "b-stock" PLEASE HELP

Username: Bbruinsma3

Post Number: 1
I have a SONY KV-34XBR910 that I bought 2 years ago. My Warranty with SONY is close to expiration, and I have had problems with the degaussing intermittently not working. They replaced the "A" board, and it worked for 3 months and then it happened again. SONY has offered to take back the TV and replace it with "b stock" of the same model..which basically means with a refurbished unit, or open box, etc... I don't know what I should do. I know my TV is is mint condition on the exterior...no scratches, etc... Now, the guy at customer support said the replacement from "b stock" could have a small cosmetic flaw or scratch on the casing of the TV, but the tube, etc... would be fine. I know my TV, I know I have never watched with the brightness and picture turned all the wy up, putting wear and tear on the CRT, and I just am bothered accepting a TV that I don't know the history on. I need some opinions. Anyone else out there who this has happened to. Should I keep mine, and make them keep doing the repair until it works, or accept the exchange. They will give me an additional 6 month warranty on the "b stock" unit, and I still have 3 years left on my Circuit City extended warranty, but I don't know if circuit city will void my warranty if I swap the set. PLEASE HELP! I don't know what to do!! Anyone who has ahd experience with the SONY refurb process or who has had this happen, PLEASE help me out!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2223
I'd check with CC. Last I knew their extended warranty reads that if they can't fix the product to your satisfaction, they will replace it with a new one.

The Phoenix
Unregistered guest
First: document everything in writing and make certain Sony has the history. Second: insist on warranty compliance. Third: get a lawyer. Sometimes being nice is not the way to get things done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us