Echostar 3 reception in Brazil

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 40
Here is a question from my brother in South America Brazil.
He wonders if Echostar 3 (61.5W) can be picked up from Brazil. According to his geographic location this bird is accessible with Azymuth=322 and Elev.=65. I see that beam is CONUS (Continental US) so I wonder if he will be able to get anything from down in Brazil.
Thanks.
IBM

smokin
Unregistered guest
Here in Belize we can get E3 but it is very weak. We need a 6 foot offset dish and lose many channels at night or if the weather is cloudy. 119 is a little better but 110 is nearly impossable even with an 8 foot dish. Since Brazil is so much farther south I doubt you could get any of them. Lyngsat has coverage maps for the various satalites. Check their website.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Thank you smokin
Echo3 @61.5W had the best Azymuth and Elevation according to our calculations. So obviously, we will need a large 6" foot dish and still have poor quality levels... hmmm, Echo7 @119W has elevation from Goiania at only 10.8 deg. practically facing the horizon line, with mountains and trees I'm almost positive reception will be very poor.
What sat do you suggest based on your knowledge?
Any ideas will be welcomed.

[link removed]

IBM

Bronze Member
Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 13
I am in St. Vincent in the Caribbean and I am getting Echostar 3 on a 6 ft dish and I am using a 1.1dB NF LNBF. Cant get some of the channels with that but I am upgraging my LNBF with the Invocom 0.3dB LNBF.

I never try the others at 110 and 119

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Higman Peters thank you.
That means you're still above the ecuatorian line but already need a big dish to receive Echo-3. My brother is below the equatorian line... his coord. are:
N Lat : -16.67
W Lon : 49.27

Echo3@ 61.5W calculations:
Azimuth: 322.89727
Elevation: 65.89930

I believe more and more he will also need a big dish!

IBM

Nick Thomas
Unregistered guest
Sup... If anyone has found the Channel line and transporder for Echostar 3 please tell me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Nick
Echo 3 transp. and channel line up information can be found on Lyngsat. com

Pepe Smith
Unregistered guest
log on to www.satlex.de for ur satellite location ,elevation and etc

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 163
I really don't thin it's going to happen in Brazil. The EIRP levels in that area would be extremely low, requiring a 10' dish or better (assuming a LNBF conversion gain of 55dB or better). Then you would not get all of the channels. Most tps or CONUS and others are spot beamed (some of which are aimed at the carribean). I don't think any are aimed at Brazil.

Bronze Member
Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 14
I want to know if anybody in the Caribbean is getting Echostar at 119 W and if so what the reception is like.

smokin
Unregistered guest
Technically we are in the carribean ( Belize) . I can see the carribean sea from my front yard. 119 is the strongest here ( of 61 and 110 and 119) but still is weak on a six foot offset dish. Not all channels come in.

VernonM
Unregistered guest
I'm on 119W using an 8' offset dish just south of you in Grenada. Channels are lost during overcast and rainy days, but normally quite good. Spot beams on Transponders 3,5,7 and 9 are, of course, impossible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
So it doesn't matter if Echo 3 is closer to Brazil as far as space distance than it is to the US. What I understand now is that if there are no beams to Brazil, theres no way this birds channels can be seen down there. I suppose there are some FTA birds pointing to Brazil. I will do some research. Thank you all for your posts.

IBM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us