Cool*sat 4000 PRO or Orasat* 5.0

Username: Rml100

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone..
I have a question regarding the 2 FTA receivers above. Could someone tell me whats the difference and which one is better?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 81
co*olsat is well known...other one is UNKNOWN!....go with the known!

BTW...there is thread here already with the co*olsat and viewsat specs and features..and do google search of that UNKNOWN receiver..

Post Number: 2
thanks i will read more.. any site you recommend for purchasing? with or without card reader which is better?

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 82
at this point card reader is unnecessary and cab be added later..use one the sponsors/advertisers at:

www.gat-s.biz
www.dss-newbie.net

dsstestingpro
Unregistered guest
look at the facts of the unit tho.
Orasat 5.0 has more RAM faster chipset, a better tuner, Component Video/Audio, faster satellite search.

I have a cool_sat 4000 pro for over 5 moths now and i really like it is a good unit. I got my Orasat a few days ago and really it is a better unit. The picture and sound is soo much better it is easy to use.

If you have to pick Cool_sat 4000 Pro Or Orasat 5.0 go with Orasat 5.0 you will get a better unit i think the best unit out.

There are a lot of sites with info showing chart which is better feature wise here is just one.(All of them show the orasat more powerful and better)

http://www.freetoairreceivers.com/best-DVB-free-to-air-satellite-receiver.html

dsstestingpro
Unregistered guest
look at the facts of the unit tho.
Orasat 5.0 has more RAM faster chipset, a better tuner, Component Video/Audio, faster satellite search.

I have a cool_sat 4000 pro for over 5 moths now and i really like it is a good unit. I got my Orasat a few days ago and really it is a better unit. The picture and sound is soo much better it is easy to use.

If you have to pick Cool_sat 4000 Pro Or Orasat 5.0 go with Orasat 5.0 you will get a better unit i think the best unit out.

There are a lot of sites with info showing chart which is better feature wise here is just one.(All of them show the orasat more powerful and better)

http://www.freetoairreceivers.com/best-DVB-free-to-air-satellite-receiver.html

Post Number: 3
thank you guys for the info. appreciate it.

jamesthedean
Unregistered guest
To Answer you David J,

I have a Pansat 3500S and just got a Orasat 5.0 i do not have a Cool-sat unit but i can tell you the Orasat 5.0 is really good i am shooked how well is works and all. worth the buy over other units.

Post Number: 4
Sorry, but i have another question. Does the Ora_sat 5.0 has all the updates available? all ican find says Pansa*t 3500. is that the one?

yayaiam
Unregistered guest
yea i got a orasat 5.0 and it ROCKS!!!
i have cool sat for other room but i will use orasat as my main i think its better.

goodunitgoodsupport
Unregistered guest
yea orasat is a really better unit. if you are smart and want the best you will get orasat 5.0 it leaves the cool sat 4000 pro in the dust grapsing for air.

orasat 5.0 has great support too!

Post Number: 5
thats great!!! where can i get the Channel list for the 110, 119, and 61.5? what about other software needed?
sorry im kinda new to this. i used to be a dishnet user and i was wondering how to do this step by step.
and again thanks for the replies!

Unregistered guest
need to add satellite to a cool_sat 4000 pro - cannot understand manual -

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 59
Never heard of OralSat. sounds like everybody who is pushing it is an unregistered guest and a seller. Probably a Chinky clone. To add a satellite, go into channel master and right click by satellite or go to Edit.

fileinfonow
Unregistered guest
its just 1 file no need for more then one

sam le
Unregistered guest
yea i bought the orasat 5.0 off www.coolsatpro.com
it is a good unit i have a cool sat too but the orasat 5.0 was a little easier to use and great picture.

ORASAT SUCKSSSS
Unregistered guest
NEVER BUY ORASAT it is a bogus CLONE garbage scam

mricci4
Unregistered guest
i can not find the italian satellite any help how?

jimbooie
Unregistered guest
orasat 5.0 is 100% a real box like cool sat. buy one of the receivers then you will find out how good it really is. clones are megasat, tecnosat, ulrtasat, pantec, cooltec. any clone uses same software as other it uses its own software and all that real osd and epg. use it and you will find out.

i own a orasat and it is great unit http://www.dsscentral. net/cgi-bin/schlabo4/dl.pl?OrasatV.5.0Ver.105-10132K5

i think there is newer file out at http://www.dssfta.com i was told to go there and got mine there after i found out dss central file is out dated by 2 days.

good support for orasat tho not bad not bad.

bowsforvows
Unregistered guest
THANKS a lot jimbooie!!

got my orasat up and running now sweetness i like a lot thanks again jimbooie for the help

ORASAT IS GARBAGE
Unregistered guest
Just wait till the next ECM and see how long it takes for ORASAT support. Anyone who buys this crap is an idiot.
Who in their right mind would spend $260 on this overpriced piece of sh!t. If you are going to spend that much get a Viewsat which is much much much better and much much cheaper or buy a Dreambox for $270. Don't be fooled by this blatent spamming and scamming that is going on here.

was_coolsat
Unregistered guest
First there was Co*olSat, then ViewSat, now it's OraSat........Why do they keep changing their name ?

vfpda
Unregistered guest
I just got my receiver yesterday in the mail, it was very easy to find there file on al7.tk dsstester.com dsscentral. net all have the files so it was not hard, i have a viewsat and i know a lot of people that say the viewsat sucks but its pretty good unit i like it. some features dont really work right but all around its good.

I paid $260 for my orasat 5.0 and got it 3 days later andi am really surpised it is really good unit fast flash osd is good has a card reader so i can watch my free xtv card.

if i had to pick Viewsat or orasat i think i would go with the orasat 5.0 even know the price is higher its a easyer to use unit better picture and all around worth the buy.

i do not own or have not used a dreambox so i can not say but i know they are VERY powerful but hard to use i like easyer the better. When it comes to lots of powerful features the orasat has it and very easy so yea i do like it.

Very happy i got the orasat... still like my viewsat too.

bluepointer
Unregistered guest
Hello

yea personal I got a orasat 5.0 for my dad, and i ended up keeping it for my self and giving him my pansat 3500s. From all i have seen and done the orasat is quite a good unit, I'll say this if the reason you do not buy orasat is the cost i would save up and buy it. The files for orasat are on a lot of boards and i have only heard great things about it on al7 dsstester and others.

I do not own viewsat P. so i would not be able to comment on that. from what i have seen and own orasat is a great unit and once you own it your self you will see that too.

posterpure
Unregistered guest
Dear David J,

I Like the Orasat due to the fact its like the cool sat and the view sat all in one. The best of both features! its a really good unit due to that fact.

I am new fan of the orasat and will be for some time. Now i do not know about the support due to the fact it is new but i like what i have seen so far.

dinwin
Unregistered guest
I heard all this talk about the Orasat 5.0 here and Al7Bar and I was thinking about getting a new unit so i went a head and got one. Now 3 days i have owned the unit I must say it is a good unit. It could be better but what unit could'nt be.

I was able to download the BIN fast off al7bar and now I do get all the N2 channels such as Pay Per View, HBO ect ect.

Good unit I am happy I heard you guys talking about it and went with it thanks ecoustics!

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 156
Here is a C & P review by TDG from another site about the ORASAT.

I was asked to eval & review this product awhile back and agreed. It only came today so I will tell what little I do know about it. It's a new receiver from Korea. It uses the st-5518 processor, 2 meg tsop & 8 megs of RAM.

Features include Svideo as well as component out & RCA connectors as well.
Dolby spdf is available thru the black RCA jack denoting it. Stores up to 4000 channels and has 5 favorites. Offers EPG, Xcypt embedded and built in C.I. (card reader) It has Closed caption, parental control, freeze and zoom. It comes with a 4 device universal remote control.

The owners manual includes a glossy pull out about how to insert smart cards, as they slide in asic up on this unit. Another glossy romte code pullout is there for programming the universal remote. On to page 1 where the first sentence makes it clear what this receivers intentions are.
"This receiver is your window to the world giving you the oportunity to enjoy BOTH Free-to-air AND encrypted channels." Thats pretty blatant, and while it can mean Xcrypt, we all know what they mean.
On to the testing..
Unit is small, black and has a pull down door over the right side that reveals a card reader and an additional bay of some sort. I d/l the necessary files and went to work. Flashes pretty much the same as a Viewsat. Similar loader, uses null RS232 cable and you select the bin and then turn unit on via rear power switch. Flash starts and finishes with a SUCC on the front LED. You can add the supplied channel list with same loader, but I found this a BIG waste of time. My ***** is same as always this receiver has no sort by SID or any available correct channel lists that work (so far). A scan of both birds took some 20 minutes and landed me 594 channels. I found the GUI (menu system) to be crude by todays standards. It did however offer Dishpro lnb type. Many features are not available that need be, and the only sort method was alphabetic (NOT what I wanted) but did work. Now that I have channels I know scattered all over the place, I started looking hard at the picture quality. It is sharp, almost grainy, a bit dark, and had visible lines on my 65" HighDef Hitachi Ultravision. This unit reportedly has a more expensive tuner than main stream units like Fortec & Pansat. I had mixed feelings about it tho. The pic is sharp, but contrast is severe, and color saturation is high. Channel changes were on a par with C00lsat and always locked in. The channel numbers appearing on my screen were HUGE an also primitive looking. The unit runs similar to a C00lsat in speed but lacks a decent GUI (interface) and EPG. While the EPG worked on a handful of channels and looked nice when used (had proper info & font) It was slow to populate and didn't populate on many channels. While better than a Fortec, it leaves alot to be desired. The unit has possibilities, but to come such a later bloomer to a game already in progress, they need to do better than this. Suggested internet retail = $250. Thats a quick review of this product, they may not like it, But thats the way it is...

2 hrs. into it and first sign of a freeze. Pixelated briefly but never froze...

Further review indicates severe freezing on certain channels.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
This unit doesn't seem very good at all for the $$$. I know not everyone likes TDG but this was a basic review of the unit and if people are thinking about getting one -I would advise against it.

Username: Jorro

Post Number: 2
Hi everyOne, I new to all this, I have Dish 500 and EchoStar receiver 311, How can i get all the channel working for me. Put me the right place, plz help ...........THankx And Happy Halloween *_*

Unregistered guest
i want to know please
which one is good
Vie wsat VS2000 PLATINUM

or

Cool sat 4000 PRO

and what a defrence cool sat pro and plus
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 165
The C00LSAT Plus is the 2004 model, the Pro is the 2005 model and has S-Video and S/PDIF audio but not much else is different.

The Viewsat Platinum is the far superior unit.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 270
I agree with Spanky Viewsat feels and works better than c00lsat, and I've used c00lsat for a while now.

skf2a
Unregistered guest
i own a orasat i never had any problems

the picture is by far the best on any unit!!!!

the lastest file is really good it changed the OSD i like that a lot i was not a huge fan of the old OSD. Now it is easy to use and very good.

Unregistered guest
hello guys can somebody help me with my coo_lsat 4000 pro ? they changed the codes my dish it's not working anymore can somebody help me?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 448
@devious

RIF

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173780.html

onaudiovoc
Unregistered guest
loving this new orasat

!!!

newavd
Unregistered guest
wow i was thinking all this was just bull but the orasat is really good

Good work E Coustics!

blowsforpros
Unregistered guest
hmmm i think i will go a head and place a order for the orasat 5.0 i heard the cool$at 5000 sucks and i had problems with my viewsat 2000 i own so ill give the orasat a try ..... i will replay once i get it in a few days!

Oracrap
Unregistered guest
this is a joke spam thread for orasat and should be deleted-who would buy this piece of sh*t receiver? all these posts are from an orasat dealer trying to trick newcomers without any knowledge about receivers into buying a hopeless crap unit

notnewbieindss
Unregistered guest
Ok, I hook up my Orasat last night, work fantastic, I think it's a good unit. EPG could be a little faster. The best point I found compare to all others is the Quality picture, it's night and day. Universal remote easy to use, menu navigation really simple. Scan channel super good. Another think I found on Orasat is the unit stay really cool so there is a chance it last a lot longer. On my Colsat 4000 pro the only thing I found better is EPG work faster.

C00lsat user
Unregistered guest
C00lsat is a good receiver. No problems so far. I just oredered the new 5000 which has component vid.

http://ftaglobal .com

fx52
Unregistered guest
cool sat 5000 sucks uses a CHEAPER costing CPU
cool $at only cares about money they are becoming the low end all about money #1 switches now cables now the boxes are cheaper to mkae for them.

what is that bullshit!!!
little more ram and component thats all?!?!?!?!

WHAT A JOKE!
you are promoting the cool sat 5000 you must be a dealer by now most users know its bullshit

notnewbieindss
Unregistered guest
Ok, I just order a Co0lsat 5000, I will let you know my opinion on it as soon as I receive and try it compare to Orasat and Viewsat.

vsofusa
Unregistered guest
i own a viewsat orasat and pansat 2700a the orasat is a great reciever i do not own a cool Sat but i can say with out a doubt that orasat is well worth it.

i like it better then viewsat due to how freaking easy it is. The osd is really sweet. i like how i can change things on it like no unit i used has.

sound memory is SOOO cool i love it!!

anyhow i think its a great unit.
love the orasat and viewsat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us