I need help wih my pansat 2500a immediately

Username: Reck1ess

Post Number: 1
i f**k up my dad pansat 2500a by factory setting it. now theres a giant list of satellite and we dont kno which one is echo 110 or 119. before i factory setting the pansat, there is only 2 satellite echo 110 and 119. how do i get my echo 110 and 119 back? thanx in advance for the help. i kinda need a real fast response cause my dad is real pissed about it.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 337
www.lyngsat.com lists all the satellites and what channels are on them..

Echo 7 = 119
Echo 6 and 8 = 110

load up the latest bin,then using the remote go to Menu,installation, do a blind scan..

Post Number: 2
im a beginner at this stuff so can u show like a step by step tutorials on how to fix it? im done messing with it, i dont want to screw it up even more.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 157
@jimmy lin

Load the latest bin.

on your receiver go into "Antenna setup" choose the sats that Thill gave you echo7 and echo 6/8, then do a blind scan for each.

You might also need to set up the diseq settings, I'm guessing 119 would need to be set at #1 and 110 at #2, and 22khz for 119 to ON and 110 to OFF.

If it doesnt work revert the diseq settings 119 to #2 and 110 to #1.

If you're still having trouble bringing it back to work go to sites in this thread (you'll need to register at some of them, registration is free):

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

lin jimmy lin
Unregistered guest
jimmy lin

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
Jimmy...if its your dad's (as U say,but I doubt)he will know how to throw a bin and a scan on it..why don't U just fess up!...U're a young kid who wants free TV somewhere and want it quick/immediately to impress somebody,but are too lazy to read and learn this hobby...so U are using pops as the IMMEDIATE excuse for quich help with NO efforts on your part!

Post Number: 3
it is my dad. he just got from a friend and we were messing with it 2 days ago. i was messing with it when he was looking stuff up in the internet. this is when i factory set it. we stay up till like 3 in the morning trying to fix it. i found out he wasnt that pissed about it but it is my mess thats why i ask you guys. if you dont want to help, just dont respond. and im not a young kid who just want to impress people because i dont need to. i dont really care for it. im just trying to clean the mess i made.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
OK...now U sound more mature and sincere..

First sounds like it never worked,since dad just got it..True? ..this is important due to hardware such as dish aligned,LNB's, cables, switches, etc..

here's the basics..

get a dishpro twin LNB and align the dish and LNB to the 110 anf 119 satellites (aim towards mexico).

run 1 cable from LNB to each receiver (no switches needed)

flash receiver with the pansat 222 or 224 factory bin using one of many variuous software uploader files..use DB9( straight female ends cable from receiver to computer where U have the software already saved.

using remote , set default keys...now flash with the latest 256 pansat bin

using remote,MENU, installation, do a blind scan of the 110 and 119 satellites

reboot the receiver...Back of receiver,power off,wait 2 minutes,power on,go to channel 300..

and here's how ya flash the 222 and 256 bins..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing lights):dashing across screen

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. (ex: pansat2500)

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

the proctologist
Unregistered guest
I posted step by step yesterday, if you guys do I have a pansat 2500, and i have a killer list. The best way to do it is as follows.
1-go to menu- channel edit- delete- all-OK, (this will delete all your channels), but don't worrie-exitout.
2-menu- installation- blind scan-select a satelite-ok(this will take about 20 minutes per satelite, depending on wich one you are using, in my case is 110 and 119. Repeate the same for every satelite, after you're done exit out.
3-Now you have the latest info on every channel, and if you had any blank channel that had moved, it will be picked up.--Now you have one long list of channels, and your favorites don't have name it will say fav1, fav2, etc,etc. Now you have two options.
Option a-edit in the receiver--menu- edit channels-and then you'll be able to delete channel that you don't want, rename favorites, or rename channels, asign favorites, and sort your chanels.
Option b-go to sharpc.com and download the latest free version 1.5.6 of channel master. This will make it a lot easier to edit. After you have the program running, and the receiver connected go to tools--read from STB-this will take all the channels from the receiver and put it in the program to make it easier to edit.By doubleclicking on anything, channel names or favorite names you can edit, is realy easy.Make sure to click on satelites so you can see every channel.
4-After you are done editing-go to edit--reorder channels-check assign station id(sid)-OK-go to tools-create template-save,this will create an excel file, that you will need later for loading everything back in the receiver Don't pay atention if you open the excel file and it looks wierd, you don't have to open it.
5--Plug your receiver, you don't have to reflash, all you have to do is-open channel master-click on satelites so you can see every channel-go to tools-apply template-check box apply tid/nid--OK-go to tools--write to STB-select your receiver-next-next-and wait until is completed--and enjoy--you should get every channel, and the EPG should be present for every channel. the bin I'm using for pansat and quantum is X-85BL_050924_255_api(N)and it works great. those of you that are help by this can pay me by being decent to each other and by shearing info when you have it.

Post Number: 4
i see where thrill is coming for. i kno a lot of people who just post questions that can be answer in 1 minutes if they just do their research. so i thank you thrill for your answer and hopefully things work out. once again thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 76
damn kids. can't dress em' up nice and take them anywhere. lol my boy did the same but he fessed up right away because he knew i would've known. i always reminde him that the things he gets caught with today i used to get away with when i was his age. lmfao

Post Number: 5
since u were in the same situation as me, how did u fix it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
jimmy is it still not working?

Anonymous

Simple PanSat FAT Receiver set up Guide ****

I hope this instruction will help you get started: Read the instruction and understand all the procedures first before you starting to flash your receiver.

=========================================

Before we getting start, you have to down load all the software you will need and install them.

Down load the file you need from below link, then create a folder, and save as any name you want ( I name my Pansat Utilities_Programming), then unzip the file into the same folder.

Pansat FTA Loader: Get your PanSat loader here

PanSat FTA N2 Flash: Get your PanSat FTA Newest N2 Released

Channel Master: Get it here

============================================

Receiver Software update:

1. Connect the serial cable to the receiver and Comm #1 or Comm #2 port of your computer.
Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.

Note: Pansat 2700 & 3500 use RS232C null modem(serial)cable and Pansat 2500 use RS232C straight through serial cable

2. Plug in the receiver power core, make sure the switch is turn to "ON " from the rear panel,
Then turn the power ON with remote control or from the front. You have to wait for receiver to boot up and
indicated ON.

3. Run the Down loader GTRom Loader from the new created folder.

4. Click the BIN FILE button, browser and select latest BIN FILE, then click the Open button.

5. Click the Download button, wait until the Download Completed.
Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until receiver displayed ON.

6. At this point; You are done with the software update. You can turn off power, then disconnect it from the PC.

================================================== ===

Receiver Configuration set up

With the Receiver unplug

1. Connecting all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, and connect RG-6 Cable to the receiver, then
Plug in power cord on the receiver.

2. You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

3. "CAS SYSTEM" set up, just following the 3A, 3B and 3C steps

3A). Press menu, scroll down to select Parental Control then press OK.
3B). Scroll down to PIN #2, then enter you 4 digits password.
If you enter correct PW, it will take you into the CAS SYSTEM menu windown.
3C). In the CAS SYSTEM menu, scroll down to SET DEFAULT KEY, then press OK. Then exit to main menu page.

In the future; if you have to edit the Dishnet key, just following the step #3 to get into the CAS SYSTEM menu,
to edit the key go here Here is how to update key with a screen shoot

4. From the MAIN MENU: selecting INSTALLATION then Antenna setup Option.

These are my dish set up and DiSeqC multi switch configuration;
DiSeqC #1 SuperDish Echo9-IA 13 Dishnet 121
DiSeqC #2 Echo8.6/Ku 110W,
DiSeqC #3 Echo7/Ku at 119W

Satellite: ECHO 9(121) same as dish 105
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-10750
22khz-OFF
DiseqC- #1
Skew: O
TP: leave it as is
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#3
Positioner-Disable.

5. Check the signal and Quality level highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength).
If you get no quality level on transponders, try others before giving up, because not all TPs are transmitting,
if nesscery Re-aim your dish still not getting any quality signal

6. Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting, the back to the Main Menu

7. Go back to the Installation Menu

8. Goto SATELLITE SCAN or BLIND SCAN, press OK, select the satellite to scan.
you have to scan all the satellites have, once it complete, you should be able to watching TV

============================================

Customize your own channels with Channel Master

1. Hook up you box to the PC again.

2. Run the Channel Master, upload the channels list to the PC.

3. form the Channel master, you can edit or delete the unwant channel, save it, then load it back to your box.

Go to lyngsat.c om for you satellite channel information

Note: Channel Master has the help menu, just look up on the top tool box.

Post Number: 6
i havent had the time to fix it cause of work and school. i think i had time tonight.

Bronze Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 77
i had to start it all from fresh. load 222 bin, then the 256, then blind scan. disconnecting the dishes from my switch. scan one sat hooked up one at a time. acually i made my boy do it since he f*cked it up in the first place. i figured if he learned the process he wouldn't do it agian. it's not really ur fault. it's just humane nature to go into unknown territories. good luck

Post Number: 7
thats what my dad make me do. he say this will be your project. you couldnt f**k anymore. so i have to buy the cable and fix it.

Username: Larusky

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 1
Can anyone please tell me how to program my Pansat2500A so that I can watch Bell Express Vu programming?

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
@Larry Larusky

No Bev fixes.

Anonymous

Can anyone please tell me how to program my Pansat2500A so that I can watch DISH Network or Direct TV programming?

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
@Anonymous

Read here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

No DTV fixes either.

Anonymous

Could someone provide me a link to download the file "2300_2500_1500 Downloader.exe," please?
Thank you.

Unregistered guest
I updated my Pansat with the latest 257 bin. and now all my channels on echo 110 are gone. Pleasssszzzzie Help!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
TEST IT yourself!

Username: Larusky

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 6
Hi there,

I have an LNB that on it reads, " Dual Satellite Quad Output Switchable Ku LNBF," that came with a " Star Choice " 20" elitical dish that I can never get it to work with 110/119W. Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to work or not? I have tried using the same dish with another dual LBN and able to get both sats.
Thanks

Anonymous

Just uploaded my channel list, edited it, downloaded it back to the receiver. Now all I am getting is that light that looks like a minus sign scrolling left-right. What can I do to get my receiver to work again? Please help quick before the wife wakes up and discovers about this!

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
Try This Before J-Taging Pansat 2500

Try This Before J-Taging pansat 2500

Here's something new I found folks , They claim it works really well if you have a killed Pansat .....
Attached Files Try This Before J-Taging Pansat 2500.zip (805.4 KB, 238 views)

http://www.gat-s.biz/forum/showthread.php?t=4124

Silver Member

Post Number: 641
Pansat 2500, 2300 and Ultra bin fix files w/ new keys 11-7-05

Pansat 2500, 2300 and Ultra bin fix files w/ new keys 11-7-05
Attached Files pan2500_2300_Ultra_N2Key_11-07-5.zip (1.05 MB, 33 views)

http://www.gat-s.biz/forum/showthread.php?t=6082
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us