No db9 port on my laptop.......?????

primary suspect
Unregistered guest
i have a 232 m to f cable with a female to female gender changer, but no db9 port on my laptop. any suggestions? i also bought a db9 to db25 adapter but this also seems not to work. where have i gone wrong? thanks for all the advice.

primary suspect
Unregistered guest
will a db9 to a usb work? I've been reading the threads but have found no mention of this problem. Am i just overlooking something. You guys have been very helpfull, now i'm on the last leg and am stumped by this one thing. thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 666
This is called TESTING...

primary suspect
Unregistered guest
@ thill1951

thanks jacka$$

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 668
No U are!...This really is a TESTING hobby...go read here or at one of the DSS sites listed for help,,use the SEARCH feature at other sites... U will find your answer either by reading or testing,which this hobby is all about...U haven't even got into this yet and U're asking for help!...another crash and burn before U get into the cockpit!

PRIMARY SUSPECT
Unregistered guest
if u can't answer the question then don't post a thread....it really is that simple. everyone else seems to understand that.

NO ROOM FOR JACKA$$'S HERE!

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 916
Most laptops do not work with a null modem cable.
But RatShack has USB to Serial adapter that will work with your laptop, if you have a fairly new one. It seems the older laptops, it does not work with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us