Cable descrambler for cablevision............

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through June 14, 2005Mp3dog100
Archive through March 31, 2005please100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Anonymous

First of all why dont you share with us the name of the company that got busted in California,we would love to research that.Second of all they have no way of knowing if you used it at all if they did they would"ve came to you before busting some alledged company.If they didnt see you useing it than theres no proof.cable descramblers are 100% nondetectable and 100% nonaddressable.Furthermore if you had to go to court im takeing it you have some kind of lawyer who would only have to file for a motin of discovery which will let you know everything they have on you.If you happen to remember the name of that company or if cablevision lets you know who you bought this from(which im sure they would)let us know because we"ve heard nothing of it on the net or the local news here in California not even on the world news.And im in the field i keep up with all that kind of stuff.Mr cable vision.Also just because you able to get some free channels doest"nt mean you have or did just because you own a gun does"nt mean you comitted murder with it.Just because your religion may be muslim doesnt mean your good friends with osama bin ladden either.just because your white doesnt mean your a member of the KKK either not that your white i dont know nor does it matter that just an example.

Deez Nuts
Unregistered guest
I'll tell you how I'm ripping off my cable company...

First of all, let me say that there are 2 entirely different types of "FILTERS" that you might hear about with regard to cable tv. There are the controversial digital cable filters that are supposed to enable you to get free pay-per-view, and then there is the FILTER that the cable company places on your line at the box outside your home to block out a bunch of channels when you only subscribe to the bare-bones basic ANALOG cable (or, as in my case, only pay for high-speed internet).

Again, I subscribe to high-speed internet service from my cable company. As many people know, analog cable service travels down the same line as cable high-speed internet. In order to prevent me from receiving the entire analog cable lineup without subscribing to it, the cable company sent a technician out to install a filter at the connection box outside my house. The filter blocks out all but about the first 15 or 20 channels (mostly locals) and cannot be removed without a special tool that the technicians use.

The solution? Easy. I did a google search for "cable tv tools" and found this...
http://store.yahoo.com/technicalconnectionsinc/seslandfcoin.html

My outside box was really easy to get into, so after having ordered the tool, I removed the filter and now receive the entire basic analog lineup (no premium channels - those are scrambled). So for just the price of high-speed internet, I now get high-speed internet AND cable tv. Saves me about $50 per month.

Anonymous

The name of the company that they busted is called DC Electronics. They sold a descrambler called an RFT. After they busted them they got permission from the courts to get all their records and banking information.That's the way they get to people and by following the way it is being delivered. I live in NYC and then, DC Eltronics I believe sent these things FedEx or like that and that is the way to track people. I have not spoken to a lawyer yet but it is to my understanding that in civil court they don't have to prove your guilt but you have to prove your innocence. Would I be a fool for going and paying for a lawyer or could I get that motion of discovery on my own?

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
I'm in Brooklyn getting Cablevision and using an old RFT box (got it about 8 or 9 years ago) on the new analog Jerrold boxes and I still recieve 1-99 with all premiums.

With that aside I had a question for anyone who knows, if I switch to digital IO would I still be able to use the RFT descrambler on the digital box even if its only for those 1-99 channels?

Anonymous

Hey guys, just a quick question...well 2 questions actually, I have had a chipped CFT 2200 for over 4 years now and I still get most the channels, however some channels are scrambled. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the frequency on my box? The box i had before this one had a switch on the back to change the frquency but not the cft 2200.

Also, during the past 4 years I have never ordered cable service, I have simply just plug in the box and use it. Even though I have been using it so long with no problem, can Cablevision detect my usage of the box?

rasstar
Unregistered guest
Yes you would be able to use the RFT. But be aware that sooner or later they will cut the analog signal and force you to get a digital box. When that happens the RFT would be of no use.

rasstar
Unregistered guest
If your box has a little button at the back of it you can keep pressing until it fixes the channels. The channels that are scrambled are the po#n and some other stuff. Not all boxes can change the frequeny.

There is no way for CV to detect the use of the descrambler. I live in Brooklyn and Cablevision cut the analog signal. i have two cft 2200 boxes that can descramble those scrambled channels. Email me if interested dwainmars@yahoo.com

rasstar
Unregistered guest
Yes you would be able to use the RFT. But be aware that sooner or later they will cut the analog signal and force you to get a digital box. When that happens the RFT would be of no use.

someguy...
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, a buddy of mine had his box or line "zapped" a few days ago. He had subscribed to cablevision's basic channel so that he could use the Jerrold 7 to get all the other family package channel.

Now none of his 3 boxes work. Is there another box he could get?

rasstar
Unregistered guest
If he can see basic channels then it's not the box. Like i said before ..Cablevision is moving all the channels to digital cable os those analog boxes will be useless. Does your friend live in Brooklyn? If not it could be they simply installed a filter to block the channels. There is no box that can correct this.

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
rasstar

Why do you always mention Brooklyn cablev1s1on subscribers when you talk about analog channels not being able to be descrambled?

As far as I know all my friends (at least 10 of them)who have cablev1s1on are able to watch all of the analogs with the cheapest descrambler box and they're all in different parts of Brooklyn.

Which part of bk do you live in?

rasstar
Unregistered guest
If you read carefully you will see that I said they are disconnecting every area one by one meaning the channels are being shifted to a digital signal. I lost mines over a month ago, My friend lost hers recently...and so on. The plan is to disconnect all the areas in brooklyn by the end of the year and also in the Bronx. When you say cheapest descrambler box what do you mean? As far as I know those universal boxes are no good with them since they use random inversions. The only way to stop that is by using a jerrold or cft 2200 box.

someguy...
Unregistered guest
one of my friend lived near the kings highway area near still well ave, and other lives near 8 ave area. What happen is that one time all he got were just basic, which is what he subscribe so that he could use the descrambler..

Both of his boxes stop working.. then he descide to switch the two boxes. mean, taking the box from the living and change it with the one in his bed room. that worked, and he got he all his channel back for the next few months.. how that switch method doen't work anymore..

rasstar
Unregistered guest
The channels come and go untill the process is complete. If he no longer receives any premium channels then it is completed and there is no alternative. He has no choice but to pay for digital cable.

Anonymous

SOMEGUY....
you need to learn how to spell or take the time to read your post to correct your wrong spellings

Seruy
Unregistered guest
Hey guys! I read through all the posts and I have similar problem. About two weeks ago I had all the channels what you might call an "extended basic cable". I had every channel except HBO, MTV, Cinemax and all that crap. But then everything just dissapeared the only channels that I get now is locals and TBS ( I live in Chicago - "Comcast"). Where the channels like Discovery and History with SciFi use to be I have this message, like a picture --> "Standard Customers get comcast digital classic & showtime for only 14.99 more per month for 6 mionths! Certain restrictions apply. Call now for complete details blah blah blah." And Another one as follows " Your old box will be deactivated soon! Digital boxes aren't affected. To avoid losing 40+ channels, exchange your converter at any comcast cable store in Chicago. New box is same price as current box."

And the thing is that I hear the channel just can't see it because of the picture. Nothing can be done. I have descrambler box that I bought on ebay so I can't exchange that (don't have the account hehe). So what does this mean, all the channels are digital now?
I'm kinda newbie on the cable tv so if I get digital cable box will I be able to watch at least basic cable again? Or it has to be provisioned by them too? Any help appreciated.

rasstar
Unregistered guest
It has to be provisioned by them. There is no hack for digital so if COmcast shifted the channels to digital you can forget about using a descrambler. Maybe someday someone will come up with a hack but that day is not here as yet.

Anonymous

Hi, does anyone know what to do when General Instrument CFT 2200 display "Your terminal is deactivated. Please call your cable operator."
Thanks.

2pac
Unregistered guest
I live in Brooklyn and found this place after searching google with my recent analog cable no longer working. If anyone has any more information I would like to know.

The one thing I am sure about is that 1 of my neighbors switched from analog to digital while his analog was still working last week. Cablevision sent a subcontractor to my neighbors house and he did some work. Ever since that guy came to do the work for my neighbor the whole block has been complaining that our cable isn't working anymore. We have the basic package and pay extra for each channel that we would like. I spoke to the neighbor and he said the channels he was paying for before are no longer included in the digital package and he called and they want $56 just for CNN, because they no longer provide channels for purchase on top of the basic cable.

Isn't this illegal for them to disconnect cable from all subscribers? We're paying for our channels and aren't receiving them. I compare it to a cell phone plan, If I sign up for a 1000 minute plan for $10 and the price now goes for $100, they can't raise the price. The only thing that works now is basic tv channels and like 2 cable channels. channels 2-22. Would contacting the BBB do anything? I refuse to turn in my boxes if they want to charge me triple the price for channels I wont be watching.

How can I get my cable restored, and basically undo what that stupid cablevision worker did here last week?

tweak
Unregistered guest
i have cablevision in hudson county, nj (broadcast basic) which is channels 1-23 without the box. i have a jerrold dpv7212. I think ive been caught before, every now and then my box would be stuck on channel 23(msnbc) and even tho i change the channel (to say 24,25,26etc) itd still show msnbc. i used to unplug it and replug everything and itd work a-ok. a few months back they took away the history channel, and a week or so ago i lost my ppv channels, along with other people in this area. now last nite i was switching through channel;s and it got stuck on msnbc. i tried unplugging it and everything, no go. what should i do? appearently theres still analog service, people around here still have it. and whats this switch i keep hearing of at the back of boxes. i cant switch the mode on my box. any help ?

Username: Ray_ray

Post Number: 2
I have a fortec and all channels work but not the adult one how can I fix that?

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
Ray Ray got lost...

anyone like boxing
Unregistered guest
I HAVE CABLEVISION SO LISTEN

I bought a filter from cableboxfilters (i recommend them cuz of support). Took about a week to get here which is a lil longer then they stated on their site but OK (support guy said they were out of stock a few days).

Got it, hooked it on, and so far everything has been going good. Been 3 months and none of the problems other people talk about.

The support guy states that with the HPF (the one i got) you dont NEED to clear the memory if you keep the number of orders under about 40-50 a month. He said if your box doesnt lock up, you wont need to clear it. and so far... i havnt.

Anonymous

Just passing by and what the heck hear's to everyone. This will answer all your questions about Digital Cable TV Part 1
You'll find many con artists online selling boxes like this one, but similar pitches for boxes of different makes and models are also prevalent. Beware of "DCB!" To the best of my knowledge, no digital cable blackbox in existence today actually works like the scam artists claim. I do believe some people have tried to alter digital cable boxes to get them to work, but I have yet to hear of one single success story.
In studying products like these, I tested a Motorola blackbox from a company called [censored]. [Censored] actually did do something with the box to alter it. Look at the back of the box in this photo I took below:

The square metal attachment and the two black cables shouldn't be here.
This entire metal protrusion and two black cables sticking out of the box were added by [Censored]. What is it supposed to do? Will this really get you free digital cable? It's really hard to tell honestly. One thing I can tell you for sure is whatever they did here did not work at all. Maybe they just add something to the box that makes it look like they did something? After receiving this box I tried to contact [Censored] numerous times for support and every single contact attempt I made went completely ignored. They were obviously not interested in supporting their non working digital cable blackbox. Since receiving this box I have not been able to speak with anyone at [Censored] one single time.
No matter what was altered in the blackbox above, here's my take on why this box never worked: Digital cable boxes must be activated by your local cable company in order for them to work. Once a box is activated, your cable company is going to try to poll it. If your box does not respond to the polling signal then you are going to be booted off the network. No matter what people do to alter digital cable boxes, they're not going to beat the cable company's box activation requirements.
That doesn't stop the con artists from making all kinds of elaborate claims, however. People trying to sell you boxes like this will claim they not only block your Pay per View billing from being sent back to your cable provider while allowing your box to communicate with your cable network anyway, they claim the box will also descramble all Premium Channels such as:
Pay-Per-View channels
Adult channels
Movie channels
Special order sport channels
Special events
Basic channels
Extended Basic channels
If this were true, it means you could get ALL programming, Pay per View events, and Premium channels entirely free. Essentially, boxes with claims such as these were created to beat the system in every respect. Or so the person trying to sell it to you says, anyway.
So, how does [Censored] claim the "modified" Motorola blackbox above works? First and foremost, they tell you that this is the actual box that many digital cable providers use, such as Comcast (which is true). Then the story continues like this: "These boxes are purchased at low prices directly from Mexico. The boxes are then opened and modified. First, the 'memory chip' that works with the Pay per View component of the box is replaced by a 'zero memory chip.' Essentially, the box has no ability to remember anything at all. Thus the box cannot possibly transmit billing for the Pay per View programming you order. Second, this box is pre-programmed and pre-activated to receive all pay premium channel programming."
Well, all of that sure sounds good. Of course, unlike analog cable that was a one-way communication medium, digital cable is a two way communication medium. Thus even if such a box with a "zero memory chip" actually existed, your cable company could poll your box and would immediately know that you had a modified box. Your cable services would be shut down in no time flat. If ANYTHING inside your cable box is altered, it's most likely your cable company will know because they can "talk" to your box at any time, and poll it for anything they'd like. Plus as I mentioned above, digital cable boxes must be activated in order to work at all (a box cannot "learn" your local cable system simply by being plugged into the network). Digital cable boxes have seriously good technology folks. And if you think the technology in these boxes is good, the anti-theft technology coming out in brand new high definition cable boxes is even better.
Bottom line: Don't buy cable blackboxes that are advertised to work with digital cable. If you do, you'll be throwing away your money. There are numerous scammers out there willing to take advantage of would-be cable pirates looking to get free digital cable. NEVER SEND SOMEBODY A PERSONAL CHECK.
What you should know about cable box reset instructions
Three of the four scams above (the Digital Cable Filter, the Digital DCH, and the Lockout Buster), in addition to having numerous faults, tell you to "reset" your cable box so the Pay per View programming you have watched is deleted from your box's memory.
Do these reset instructions actually work? I don't think anybody knows a definitive answer to this question for each and every cable box and set of reset instructions, but I do know that numerous people who have tried to reset their cable box have been unsuccessful in doing so. So even if a digital cable filter, Digital DCH, and/or lockout buster actually worked, many people would not be able to rest their cable boxes anyway. Some of the reset techniques are so complex that they actually require two people to pull it off! And often times there is no way to know for sure if your "reset" has been successful. Suffice it to say, it appears as though many of the reset instructions simply don't work for a great number of people. There is also a popular myth being propagated on the Internet that cable companies poll boxes on the 3rd,17th, and the 22nd of each month. This is simply NOT TRUE. Numerous cable providers exist in the United States. And they all have different polling procedures and dates. The fact is, your cable provider can poll your digital cable box at ANY TIME!
But here's the real kicker: It really doesn't matter even if your reset instructions actually do reset your cable box! Because digital cable is a two-way medium, the cable company KNOWS when you reset your box. They might go along with this the first couple of times, but once you've reset your box too many times, they may call you to ask what's going on. Who knows, the Cable Box Police may even show up at your door. And if nothing else, they'll probably require you to swap cable boxes for "one that is working correctly." Even worse, in reality they'll probably know exactly what you've been up to. Do you want your own cable company to be suspicious of your activities?
Note: If you ever decide to purchase your own cable box instead of renting one from the cable company, make sure you contact your cable provider and ask them if they allow this. Many won't, and more and more are getting on the bandwagon. If you buy a cable box of your own and your cable provider refuses to activate it, you've now got a worthless box.
Bottom line: Resetting your cable box, whether it actually works or not, is a BAD IDEA.
Is Digital Cable All Digital? What can be descrambled?
No, digital cable is not all digital. Here's an interesting fact to note: Typically channels 1-125 on your digital cable system are still analog. How do you know how many scrambled analog channels you have between channels 1 and 125? Simple: Disconnect your digital cable box and plug your coaxial cable coming from your wall directly into your television. Then scroll through channels 1 -- 125. Every time you see a scrambled channel, you'll know this is a standard analog scrambled channel. Analog channels can be descrambled with traditional analog descrambling equipment, which is widely available.
Many people with digital cable simply connect an A/B splitter to the cable coming in from the outside.

This switch is made by L-com. L-com has developed a series of modular, low-frequency manual switches having coax connectors for use in digital communications, video and data applications. These are non-constant impedance switches designed for use at frequencies up to 15MHz. Once the A/B splitter is in place, people switch the splitter to A to watch television with a regular digital cable box, and they switch it to B to watch television through an analog descrambler. It's literally that simple.
Note: Cable companies can use a technique called Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) to try to determine how many devices are connected to your incoming cable. In simple terms, a tiny, short test signal is sent into your residence and the time domain reflectometer determines the number of connections by the various echoes returned down the cable. Since each device is at a different point along the cable, they can be counted. Each splitter, filter, etc. will affect this count. A simple way to avoid being probed is to install a CATV amplifier just inside your premises before any connections. This isolates the other side of the cable from the outside, and a TDR will only show one connection to the amplifier. You can buy a CATV amplifier from Circuit City at this link:
Descramble Digital Cable
Say "No" to the digital cable filter
and other cable television blackbox devices
The new "Lockout Buster" -- Does this thing work?

Lockout Buster pictured with digital cable filter.

Here's a product called the "Lockout Buster." The manufacturer claims it will work on 80% of digital cable networks.
How does the manufacturer claim this product works? It is attached to your cable in addition to a standard digital cable filter. Here is verbiage straight from the manufacturer:
"Our proprietary circuit design will allow your cable converter to appear as though it is communicating back to the cable so your cable provider doesn't send the kill signal to your box. It will also send small (needed) bits of data to your cable converter to allow it operate as though it is receiving cable company data. Since your cable converter is receiving these bits of data it will not shut itself down. Unfortunately due to the proprietary nature of this circuit design we can not get more technical on exactly how it is done. We didn't believe ourselves until we saw it in action."
Does this remind you at all of the Digital DCH? Does it really descramble digital cable? Here's how this scam works: Because this product is used in CONJUNCTION with a digital cable filter, you of course will not be billed for Pay per View programming. But it's just the digital cable filter that is not allowing the viewing to go through. What effect is the lockout buster actually having? It's hard to say for sure, since the manufacturer is very cautious about giving out information about this product (believe me, I asked repeated questions and was met with a brick wall).
But no matter what this device does, here's why it cannot possibly work: Digital cable boxes are highly sophisticated devices. They are capable of being programmed in a variety of ways, and they can be uniquely set up to work with a great variety of cable providers in the United States. All providers configure the boxes differently! When cable companies "poll" your cable box, they are able to receive all kinds of data back from it. In order for this device to actually work, the "lockout buster" would have to be capable of mimicking all the sophisticated, complex functionality of your digital cable box itself. In essence, this device would have to be able to respond to your cable provider exactly like your box itself does! But that's just the beginning. This device would have to be able to respond like ALL of the digital cable boxes on the market, no matter what make, model, and manufacturer -- no matter how the box was programmed!
Now, do you believe this little device is capable of responding exactly like every brand of digital cable box? OF COURSE NOT! Whatever this device actually does (if anything), it's possible you might get away with using it for a while, but it's nothing different from getting away with using a digital cable filter for a while. Sooner or later your cable company is going to send your box some type of polling signal and your lockout buster will not respond in the right way if it can even respond at all (and because your regular old digital cable filter is still blocking communication with the cable network your digital cable box is incapable of responding as well). It won't take long for your cable company to be on to you and shut down your cable television services. And remember, your Pay per View bills are all still in your box's memory. You stand to get a huge bill if you ask the cable company for help unless you are successful in resetting your box (which is also a bad idea, see below). Not to mention you may now face very large fines and even prison time for attempting to steal cable television services.
More to Come read my next post

blade22
Unregistered guest
Blade22 Part 2
Descramble Digital Cable
Say "No" to the digital cable filter
and other cable television blackbox devices
The new "Lockout Buster" -- Does this thing work?

Lockout Buster pictured with digital cable filter.

Here's a product called the "Lockout Buster." The manufacturer claims it will work on 80% of digital cable networks.
How does the manufacturer claim this product works? It is attached to your cable in addition to a standard digital cable filter. Here is verbiage straight from the manufacturer:
"Our proprietary circuit design will allow your cable converter to appear as though it is communicating back to the cable so your cable provider doesn't send the kill signal to your box. It will also send small (needed) bits of data to your cable converter to allow it operate as though it is receiving cable company data. Since your cable converter is receiving these bits of data it will not shut itself down. Unfortunately due to the proprietary nature of this circuit design we can not get more technical on exactly how it is done. We didn't believe ourselves until we saw it in action."
Does this remind you at all of the Digital DCH? Does it really descramble digital cable? Here's how this scam works: Because this product is used in CONJUNCTION with a digital cable filter, you of course will not be billed for Pay per View programming. But it's just the digital cable filter that is not allowing the viewing to go through. What effect is the lockout buster actually having? It's hard to say for sure, since the manufacturer is very cautious about giving out information about this product (believe me, I asked repeated questions and was met with a brick wall).
But no matter what this device does, here's why it cannot possibly work: Digital cable boxes are highly sophisticated devices. They are capable of being programmed in a variety of ways, and they can be uniquely set up to work with a great variety of cable providers in the United States. All providers configure the boxes differently! When cable companies "poll" your cable box, they are able to receive all kinds of data back from it. In order for this device to actually work, the "lockout buster" would have to be capable of mimicking all the sophisticated, complex functionality of your digital cable box itself. In essence, this device would have to be able to respond to your cable provider exactly like your box itself does! But that's just the beginning. This device would have to be able to respond like ALL of the digital cable boxes on the market, no matter what make, model, and manufacturer -- no matter how the box was programmed!
Now, do you believe this little device is capable of responding exactly like every brand of digital cable box? OF COURSE NOT! Whatever this device actually does (if anything), it's possible you might get away with using it for a while, but it's nothing different from getting away with using a digital cable filter for a while. Sooner or later your cable company is going to send your box some type of polling signal and your lockout buster will not respond in the right way if it can even respond at all (and because your regular old digital cable filter is still blocking communication with the cable network your digital cable box is incapable of responding as well). It won't take long for your cable company to be on to you and shut down your cable television services. And remember, your Pay per View bills are all still in your box's memory. You stand to get a huge bill if you ask the cable company for help unless you are successful in resetting your box (which is also a bad idea, see below). Not to mention you may now face very large fines and even prison time for attempting to steal cable television services.
How does the manufacturer get away with selling this device? Well this one is quite clever:
1. Just like sellers of the digital cable filter, this device comes with only a 30 day money back guarantee. How will you possibly know within the first 30 days if this device actually works or not? Because you are using a digital cable filter you will not be billed for your Pay per View programming. But does that mean this device is actually doing anything? Of course not. It's unlikely the cable company will "lock down" your box within the first 30 days of using these devices together either. And that, my friend, leaves you completely in the dark as to whether this lockout buster device is doing anything at all. There is simply no way to know!
2. In addition to only offering a 30 day money back guarantee, the manufacturer of this device says they have tested the device on many different digital cable systems, and that it works on roughly 80% of them. Well that's a nice convenient number. That means it DOESN'T work for one in five buyers! If anybody who buys this device from them ever has a problem, gets a bill, or gets their box locked down, the manufacturer can simply state that "you must have fallen into the 20% of people that this device does not work for." How convenient.
Would you install a device like this knowing that it must work in harmony with a digital cable filter that you already know is a scam? Would you install a device that (according to the manufacturer) has a 1 in 5 chance of failing? Would you install a device that you can't return after 30 days if you find out it doesn't work? By my count that's three red flags and only 1 device. Get the picture? My advise to everyone here just give it up and move over to FTA its 100% Legal.

2pac
Unregistered guest
BRONXCABLEGUY, what is this new type of filter you are talking about?

Cablevision used to have the basic package with the ability to purchase each additional channel at a fee (1.95 usually) which Is what I had. A couple of months ago I didn't even know that they changed their policy and no longer allow you to purchase channels in addition to the basic package. I didn't know anything until last week when we no longer got those additional channels which we once paid for. I know for sure one of the cableguys did something to the cable line and screwed up the analog signal as my neighbor traded in his analog for digital because he wanted a clearer picture. Even he complained when once he got his digital installed he lost CNN. Ever Since that day nobody's analog was working for the channels that we once paid for(instead of seeing that blue channel guide for every channel that was not paid for, we are getting an all black screen). We only get channels 2-22. I placed a call to cablevisions support and they explained that they no longer allow you to purchase channels in addition to the basic package, even though everyone on my block was getting these select channels that we once paid for(not all channels), so they said that we may have gotten a leakage where we get channels that we don't pay for and that technicians are now installing a filter.

BRONXCABLEGUY, I think this what you are referring to. I'm pretty sure that we can get our analog signal back if we disconnect whatever these cableguys are doing. As my case proves, it's not something that's happening on cablevisions end, it's the cableguys doing on our side, so we have to figure out what they did and undo it. Is this filter a physical thing that can be removed? what more do you know about this filter, becuase if can remove it, it should restore the cable the way we once had it.

Unregistered guest
I am in Brazil, and use General Instruments CFT 2200, How can I have all chanels in my TV, I pay for standart pack, but want all others channels like Warner, Cartoon, Nickelodeon, etc. Thanks for help.

Bronze Member
Username: Straight_up

Post Number: 36
Try 2005 cabledescramblers

Anonymous

Heres website I ordered mind from descramblers4u $149.00 that included shipping but im in the USA.

Anonymous

I live in the UK and we have NTL BOX! What cable descrambler should i get and where from? WE use to have a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA 8600 but then thay took it away! Can you help me please!

Bronze Member
Username: Straight_up

Post Number: 37
descramblers4u is giveing away 2 free cable descramblers each month for the next 4 months all you have to do is go to the site and sign up

Anonymous

best prices on analog descrambler on net for super j tocom 5507 5503 zenith scientific atlanta 8600 8610 jerrold general instrument 2254 2014 2100 2142 pioneer 5000 6000 pio writer scg stick test chip descrambler and more! digital descrambler coming soon!

Anonymous

hey guys i have a rft on my cft 2200 and recently i can only view basic i had a buddy had the same problem he called cable company they reset the box now he receives all stations including pay per veiw how do i reset with out calling cable company thanks

JC abroad
Unregistered guest
I have a Jerrold Impulse (General Instruments) CFT-2024/V5S8B, i just got it to replace the original CFT2200 that I had working off my RFT-PLUS box. It was great! I had all the channels available but now with the new box, there is no way to see the channels above 85, used to have 86-93 avaialble and before I added the RFT-PLUS to the old box, I could pass by these channels and see a message saying that they were unavailable. Now I cannot see any messages on the channels even if input them manually. It's like they were not discovered when the cable guy swapped boxes.

Anyone know how to "reset" the CFT2024 to detect these channels? I don't have the original remote, they left me with a Motorola remote which doesn't have most of the features, there are buttons on top of the box though.

Cheers! JC

Anonymous

Why arent you guys buying this stuff from ebay. Jeez jerrold descramblers there are dirt cheap and so are the analog filters. 20 for the filters and 40 for the boxes...... lol @ thinking 150 is cheap!!!!!!!! search jerrold or rft gold on ebay .....you'll see

Anonymous

I found this site accidently while looking for a comcast store to trade in my old analog box. I got a message on my tv and my bill that saids you will lose 40+ channels your old box will be deactivated trade for new box at any comcast cable store.Went to the cable co. where I always paid my bill it was no longer there. Glad I found this site, but you guys are nuts or just plain brave. From chicago comcast .

netzimon
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for someone that can sell me a new or user RFT Plus device for Jerrold boxes.

I'm willing to pay around $20 + shipping. Not much, I know, but maybe enough for someone that has one they're not using and would like to get rid of. I'm not sure it will work on my cable anyway.

Help me out!!!

CHUNK
Unregistered guest
I have a Jerold Box with a toggle switch on the back. Since my cable company's switch to digital, the premium channels have slowly become scrambled. I have used the toggle switch, but that doesn't seem to work. Any way to reset the box to the original settings and start over. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Monti

Post Number: 43
Where can I get Boot file please?

Username: Joe124

Post Number: 1
Was wondering if anyone knew what screwdriver is used (not the star shaped torque one) to open up the old time warner pioneer analog boxes....Thanks in advance for any help

reymanuiufj
Unregistered guest
Can someone please tell me if when you have analog cable then switch to digital, do they run new cable wires? or use the same ones used for the analog cable? I'm getting digital cable installed tomorrow, and just wondering if I need to move stuff around. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 188
if your cable wiring in your house, and the cable feeding your house are RG6 cable, there is no need to change the wiring out. This also doesn't mean that if you have some older RG59 cable in your house they will change it out, it should be changed out, but depending on who is doing the upgrade: they may or may not take the time to change the wires. At minimum make sure they at least change all the outside connectors.

reyejkfsdkj
Unregistered guest
thanks for the answer, it's cablevision by the way, switching analog to digital cause I live in brooklyn NY and they blacked out the channels I use to get.

Anonymous

Reply to JOE regarding STAR SCREWS:

I had issues with star screws on my cable modem box. I finally found the solution: my Swiss army knife! One of the smaller screw drivers at the back (where the cork opener is located) is the exact size of a standard star screw. Worked great to open and close my box. Good luck!

Anonymous

Comcast is sending out notices that if we don't swap the analog boxes for digital ones we'll lose 40+ channels. Are they converting those 40+ channels to digital?

Case in point: channel 27 acts differently for the analog & digital boxes

On the analog box there is a blue screen message
telling you to exchange your cable box. On the digital box it's a local news & information channel).

Does that mean they've converted this information channel to a digital signal? That's what it seems like to me. It seems like the analog signal for these lower channels will be the same thing: "exchange the cable box". If that's true am I right in assuming that buying one of these 125 channel descramblers is useless?

Am I right in assuming that there will never be a digital descrambler because the digital signal is encrypted? If that's true then you're really looking at something like an SSL/https connection between the head office & the home unit. Very difficult to crack & maintain.

Am I right that 2005 dish receivers work the same way? Is this really game over?

Vangel
Unregistered guest
ive got a jerrold and im receiving all the channels but the sounds comming out unclear and also the channels are all shuffled around in the wrong order, i have an rft scrambler and i was wondering if there is any way of resetting the box or flushing the box somehow?

Username: Jameswboon

Canada

i think some of the people that post are cable company's saying that the filter's/Descrambler's do not work, if you would like to reset your box's and do not know this one. unplug your box from the power source when you go to sleep and leave it unplugged for 24 hours or 48 hours has more of a chance to work because the longer the battery is without any power,the more chance there is that the memory will gat deleted

Anonymous

Remove the CMOS back-up battery, and that's it!

Username: Jameswboon

Canada

Post Number: 3
so if you remove the CMOS back-up battery that will deleted the memory wan i turn my receiver off, that will not F**k up my receiver will it

Username: Polyai

I did remove the batery from CFT 2200 it did cleare the message from the Cable company BUT it went back to original factory settings....it is in SPANISH...
I tryed on two cable boxses, same thing. The made in Mexico...so every thing now in menu in spanish.
I can't find settings for chanes search.
Basically they 9two cable boxes) show only program guide....and that is it.
Any one know what to do now?

Vangel
Unregistered guest
but isnt the CMOS battery back-up pack actully welded or soldered into the reciver??

Vangel
Unregistered guest
and one more thing, after i remove the cmos do i need to put it back in or just leave it out?

Vangel
Unregistered guest
hi guys, i have pulled the battery off and put it back on, now when i press f2, the serial has disappeared, it now just comes up as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
using the rft descrambler i tried to follow my instructions that have worked on other boxes, on this box, but with no luck, now i am getting the channels list as 1a,2a,3a and so on, can anyone tell me how i can get it back to just 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on. also have a picture displaying

Username: Angelonbreak

Ok, i wrote awhile ago about VOD and that it was coming in free, then we got another box and comcast flashed and of course bye bye VOD. See I subscribe to HBO and Max and of course received the VOD too, well I also get all the others SHO, Starz and TCM.
Well I went and unplugged the cable from my last box fro about 5 seconds. I reconnected and went to channel 1. then I went to SHO and pressed a move it said I had to order so I pressed ok, and it went through. I did Starz too, Then I moved to the other set and did the same now its back . When you click the order button it usually tells you to call in but after you unplug it and try it works. I am assuming because its trying to reset. Also you will not be charged. I had it almost a year last time
Has anyone else had any luck?

Unregistered guest
go screw your selves fu*ckers talking about cable and a bag of sh*t want to do someone with sense go screw your mom.

ComcastMan
Unregistered guest
For all you people who think you cant hack comcast you are stupid i work for the company and know that they can be hacked to recieve free PPV's and other channels all you need is the right megahertz filter so go suck a you know what learn before you speak trash ty bye

Username: Farebox

Yes I have a question. I recently had to get rid of my old analog cable box. I had basic cable and was receiving all channels 1-95. My area was hit so I had to get the IO digital Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200 box. Is there a way to access all the stations such as the PPV's or Adults channels?

going digital help!!!
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, Im wondering i have an RFT Plus, it still works in my area. My parents decided to get digital, tomorrow there hooking it up. Im thinking about hiding my RFT Plus getting a CFT 2200 off the internet and hooking it up to a seperate tv that is split of from the digital cable box. Will this work? Will i still be able to get my ppv channels on my analog CFT 2200 box, while Digital is in other rooms? Any help would be appreciated. I would think others would have had this idea too and have tried.

BlaZenHusTler69
Unregistered guest
If u want to get free cable you have to find a serial code#. when you do that connect the usb from ur comp to ur box. if u want to kno the rest email me @ a9t1r@yahoo.com

Bill qwerty
Unregistered guest
I HAVE IT......
CABLE BOX THAT WILL WORK WITH DIGITAL ....

RESPOND TO THIS POST IF INTERESTED.....
CABLEVISION EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS MUST DISCLOSE THEMSELVES AND CANNOT INQUIRE ....

Username: Mechanicman

anyone have instructions for 4 wire chip install in a pioneer 6000 series cable box?

Anonymous

I am using Time Warner basic cable in NYC - can somebody recommend a descrambler, with which I could watch HBO, IFC, etc. Many thanks, Alexander.

Anonymous

Try www.2005 cabledescramblers.com I live in NYC and have time warner thats where I got my ultralux fx descrambler from and it works good.The spaces are in the name of website because it wouldnt let me post the site.

Bronze Member
Username: Patcooper

Staten Island, NY US

Post Number: 11
i have time warner in new york also and i bought a tristar MX from cablejokers.com and it works great,

Anonymous

need help w/ a scientific amarica exploerer 1850 was able to get all channels fo about a month then it stoppped working. ithink i was scammed in the bronx

Ron Jeremy
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get the tool that opens the cable box that is bolted to the side of my house. I've looked at a 4 specialty tool shops but none of them carry it. They can supply me cable crimpers and all of the other tools associated with cable TV but they themselves do not carry the actual tool that opens the box.

Anonymous

The box on my house has hinges on the oposite side that only wrap half way arround. So I just took a long skinny standard screwdriver and slowly pried them until they poped off. If you know what I mean. kind of like cuping your finers on one hand and holding them arroun your index finger on the other. Since the hinge doesn't wrap all the way arround it will pop off with a bit of pressure. Not all boxes are like that, but most are... good luck... Also you know that not only do you have to take off the filter, but you may have to hook up at the green box at the side of the road. That one opens up with just a socket wrench...

Thanks for the info
Unregistered guest
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. My box is exactly as you discribed yours. I got it opened. Filter has a small pin hole through the threads and has a wire through the pin hole that is some type of security seal. Any thoughts on what I should do? Also, my house is brand new. The main box is at the end of the street - underground with a green "lid" on it. I see cable guys there all the time. I don't see any and of the green street boxes like there used to be in my old neighbourhood.

Anonymous

I just recieved 3 cable descramblers yesterday that i ordered from www.2005cabledescramblers. com ,They work great

Unregistered guest
I had to switch to digital cable with cablevision. Like many of you above, but some of these posts are confusing. I live in Coney Island (Brooklyn, NY). I have to use Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200. Is there a device I can use ti get all channels.
Thanks

redmaninblack
Unregistered guest
ANYONE know of a cheap source to buy JUST the board, not the tuner box (for analog cable) like an oz board or boss board etc?

Anonymous

Try www.2005cabledescramblers .com
I bought one it was $30.00 for one

Anonymous

I pay for analog, which comes with a CFT-2200. I also purchased two DaVinci boxes which have worked fine until recently. One box failed and then several months later the other did too in the same way. Both boxes have a hum on them and horizontal bars now. They still work, but the interference makes them unviewable.

It seems like a power supply issue to me, but I can't detect any bad components and I don't have a scope to hunt this interference down.

Do any techs out there know of this problem and a solution? I know I can buy replacement boxes, but I was satisfied with these and there is no telling when this system will go all-digital.

Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

hi

Poil
Unregistered guest
Hey guys im a little confused about all this descrambling stuff. I am currently recieving basic analog cable (channels 1-22) without a box through Cablevision in NJ. I am wondering if a cable descrambler would work and what channels I would get. I am also reading something about opening the box outside next to your house and removing the filter or something. If anyone would help explain this stuff, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

FreebieLover
Unregistered guest
I get about 1-71 channels of straight cable-to-TV analog cable and I'm also curious if I can get other analog channels by using a descrambler, or do I need a cable box first? Can the straight connection get Premiun channels or do I need a cable box for that??
I have free cable right now so I can't go ask for a box through Cablevision....eBay maybe?

adr22367
Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm in Monmouth County, NJ using Cablevision IO. Will any box get me the digital channels, or are they all just analog. I have an older Cobravision which works great, but no digital channels.

Anonymous

A descrambler will not give you more channels, it simply unlocks the scrambled channels (hint.. the name "descrambler" ) so if you have for example 80 channels and some are with unwatchble video signal the descrambler simply fixes the viseo signal but of course you have to sub to basic analog cable to be able to do that. The are no descramblers for digital cable yet.

adr22367
Unregistered guest
What about the Cool sat Pro, 2005cabledescramblers dot com

Username: Cableman

DIGITAL CABLE BOX/SATELITE

www.2005cabledescramblers .com

Thats a true digital box it"s a fta satalite its programmed you can view up to 4000 channels not sure how many channels it comes programmed with.Thats something that hit the market Sept 1,2005!The cool sat has been out for a few years but the program that allows you to get all the channels just came out 9/1/05.You do not have to pay a cable or satelite bill with that cool sat FTA stands for (Free To Air)It does not take a card or anything like that.You can watch lots of PAYPERVIEWS,HBO,SHOWTIME,SPORTS PACKAGES,SPICE FOR FREE!!!

Unregistered guest
hey so comcast just changed my lineup
and now i have this filter but i need to erase the memory can anyone help me plz

Unregistered guest
hey this a great site, i recently hooked up an RFT plus gold to a G.I. And after 2 days of working the GI. cable box is stuck on the last channel i had on, but as i change the number move... can some help me thanx!

Unregistered guest
Does anybody know how to zap a inline filter on the telephone pole i did it a two years a go by putting 110volts to the cable line then cable company changed filter it wont work with 110 volts,maybe they put a ground to it,i need HELP.

Username: Skionxb

Hello, so any one used this box before? http://www. 2005cabledescrambl ers.com/page/page/2392238.htm

Did anyone bought it from this site? I am talking about Cool sat Pro. Do i need to have a digital plan or analog (basic) tv plan is anough in order to watch PPV movies, or HBO, i have Time Warner Cable in San Diego

Hi, I have several questions about Coolsa t Pro they are selling. First of all what is the price for this unit? I live in San Diego, Ca and currently have basic plan for 11$ analog channels with Time Warner Cable. I would like to ask you if I buy Coolsa t Pro, how many channels will I have with the current plan? Will it work for me, or should I just buy 2006 Ultralux Fx . I know if I buy 2006 Ultralux Fx I will only get 125 channels, but I need movie channels as well. And if I buy Coolsa t Pro, do I need to have a digital plan already setup or my basic would be just fine?

Is there any place or is there any box which can descramle digital signal? I want to watch Movie channels. I don't want to have only 125 channels like eveyone has. Please advice!

Username: 3dmatrix

Post Number: 10
For what it is worth:

Basic Cable: You do not need a box to view basic cable.

Analog Cable: You can use a descrambler to receive the premium channels. There are many companies who still sell them. They "DO NOT" work on digital cable.

Digital Cable: There is not a hack for digital cable boxes, period.

Filters: Most are scams, they do not get you premium channels. Some do block the signal from being returned to your cable provider so your pay-per-view do not show but that is only in a few areas and on a few boxes that it works on.

Cloning: You can purchase a digital box on ebay etc, that you can clone but you need to have a subscription (good box) to clone from. Make sure your new box has an active serial port.

Free Internet Service: If you have basic cable you can use a modified cable modem to get unlimited bandwidth and internet service without charge but you have to have basic cable.

In review all the info I have given is pretty basic. The best advice is to Read, Read, Read.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I received a couple of PM's for more info.

You can find our group at www.toddsoft.com/extreme (that's where us old hackers are and our host is toddsoft.com/tcg they are nice enough to let us work there.

Post Number: 4
Does any one believe about FREE HIGH INTERNET BOX? do you guys think it is scam?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
As with any of our post and items we sell we tell you how they work or how to do it yourself.

We start by using the system developed by TCNIISO their system allows you to get unlimited bandwidth. We then modify it so you can receive internet service via basic cable. We purchase them for $99.00 and then do the modifications. We wrote our own programming software but they have the best hardware package we have found to date.

How it works: as long as you have basic cable and there is not a filter on your line. I have never seen one yet but that does not mean there isn't one. If you have internet access now then there is not a filter on your line. You will connect the modem to the cable and to your PC. Run the software. It will first find your cable provider (we like to set it before it goes out). Then you will need to run our software. It will connect and config your modem for you. That's it. Start surfing.

Everything we do and sell is pretty open. If we build on other technology we tell you, if there is another way to do it we tell you. If you look at our recent post about converter cloning we say we sell them but then we go on to say exactly how it is done so individuals can do it themselves. Our software just makes it faster and automatic.

We don't keep any personal information of yours that is why we use the greendot payment system. Credit card companies nor paypal like some of the products we sell. They are for testing and hobby purpose but oh well.

Please feel free to contact us any time with your questions or questions about any item we carry. Also if there is a specific piece of software, scripting or device you need, please let us know and we will try and find it for you or we can build it ourselves.

Cable Hacker
Unregistered guest
Skionxb I just noticed that the kit is cheaper on the TCNIISO than the extreme site, I dunno how u could hack basic cable to get internet since u need a ip address

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
If you read our post we buy their hardware for $99.00 plus shipping. We modify it then you install your cable and run our software.

Of course ours cost more the hardware alone cost us $99 plus.

To get into the technical side you need more than an ip address to train a modem. That is what our sofware does.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Here is a more in depth but simple technical explanation of how cable modems work and how hacking would work.

Each cable modem has a MAC address (electronic digital signature) assigned to it. This MAC address is registered with the cable company. Once registered it access the internet.
You cannot clone a cable modem because the cable company can ping the modem itself.

So to access the web with your modem you would need two things. One a MAC address assigned to your modem that would show as being assigned and two a block (filter) that would not allow your information to be returned upon being pinged by the cable company.

This is the basis of free internet using a cable modem. If you have the appropriate skills, and can program you can do this yourself.

Our software and modification does this for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
One other note, in some areas your cable compnay may filter out the tv signal but your cable is actually open to internet access. This is where you can use the modem to have internet access without basic cable.

It's that same as when you have internet service but no cable tv.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
One other question we are getting is about setting up more than one modem. Yes, that is up to you, once you have one of our systems and can set it up on one modem or more, that is up to you. They only thing is if you set it up for friends we will only support your one paid system you need to support theirs.

Another question is can we resell setting up modems, that's your business not ours. We sell for "testing & hobby" purpose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
We have received over 100 requests in the past couple of days for Modified Modems and software. This is more volume then we can handle. So what we are going to do is sell our system and source code to re-sellers or distributors who can handle the sales volume. Then you can order from them.

After that you can get them from one of the distributors. We are going to restrict the number of distributor to just 2 or 3. We are going to have terms on buying so someone that wants to be in business for themselves can do so and have a chance to pay the balance on their system after they start making money from it.

We will still give out free technology information and keep posting new "testing" procedures and such but we are going to stop sell the modems in a few days. We want to be more in the creating, teaching and testing side than the sales of products. We used to have a tech forum for everyone to trade ideas and we may open that back up.

Anonymous

i'm on time warner basic cable in manhattan with a jerrold DPBB7 box and just got an RFT gold. i can't get the RFT unit to change frequencies and was wondering if that is a defect in the box or something to do with time warner?
how can i get this box to work?

Anonymous

I recivied a notice from cablevision saying I will be be taken to court if I do not settle with them for purchasing equipment from DC electronics. Does anyone know how I should handle this.

Anonymous

There is no way for cablevision to know if your cable descrambler was a cable box or if it was a cable descrambler the unit you bought may have not have had a descrambler board installed makeing it just a regular cable box which is not aginst the law to own your own cable equipment!

Username: Gigixxoo

New jersey Usa

looking for descrambler for digital - have scientific atlanta explorerr 4200 is there something available

Anonymous

trying to find something so i can watch hbo, showtime, etc, just received new box scientific atlanta explorer 4200 which i think is digital. is there something i can use to get other channels? please respond

Bronze Member
Username: Patcooper

Staten Island, NY US

Post Number: 13
no digital descramblers are available.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
There is no digital cable hack, period. You can clone boxes depending on the box and the cable company. You have to have the MAC from a subscribed box to do it.

Anonymous

I live in Brooklyn, I cut my cable services longtime ago, Can someone tell me what descramblers to buy to see cable channels, I think the old cable service was cablevision. Please help

Anonymous

Around the beginning of Summer 2005, Cablevision placed (I'm told) a video filter on their service for Brooklyn which disabled existing descramblers for channels 1-99. I don't know which new descramblers will overcome this new hurdle. Does anyone know?

desaw
Unregistered guest
I live in the UK and I have a ntl chipped cable box (General Instrument CFT-2100) It has worked for many years, however when i moved to a different part of the country, i can only recieve sky one, sky news, discovery channel and challenge tv. The rest are scrambled. Does any one know why and how to fix it?

Please help, thank you!

desaw
Unregistered guest
I live in the UK and I have a ntl chipped cable box (General Instrument CFT-2100) It has worked for many years, however when i moved to a different part of the country, i can only recieve sky one, sky news, discovery channel and challenge tv. The rest are scrambled. Does any one know why and how to fix it?

Please help, thank you!

Anonymous

JUST GOT DIGITALFILTERS FOR CABLEVISION BOX, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WORK AND HOW, NO DIRECTIONS SENT AND I CAN'T OPEN THEIR WEB SITE - ALSO CAN CABLEVISION FIND OUTTHEY ARE BEING USED

checkyalater99
Unregistered guest
least mine came with instructions, lol. i got a filter from hdtvdescramblers.com about a year ago and it has worked well, Mr. Anonymous. give em a shot, i got a hpf model cuz i have hdtv and ondemand , just so you kno. GL.

Anonymous

DOES ANYONE HAVE DIRECTIONS FOR THE DIGITALFILTERS THAT I RECEIVED - HOW TO INSTALL AND DOES CABLEVISION KNOW I HAVE IT ON WHEN I GET PAY PER VIEW CHANNELS? PLEASE HELP SO I DON'T MESS UP

Mike Fish
Unregistered guest
I have this black descrambler that i bought for 50$ and a couple of days ago it stopped working. I don't want to buy another descrambler because i'm a kid and i'm broke. So can anyone help me out

need some info
Unregistered guest
I have found two sites that claim they sell "Digital Cable Descramblers" these websites are cablewire.tv and americandigital.homestead.com. i am not sure if these products work. they both have 800 #'s, i could not get through to north american digital, i did with CTVtronics. they are selling it for 299. does anyone know if they actually work???

need some info
Unregistered guest
does anyone know if they actually work?

Username: Horacegreen

He said cancunmoon.net

Username: Dewisz

I have basic comcast in chicago. When I watch it on my TV (no box requierd for basic cabel) I can see only chanells for basic, I can't recieve any scrambled chanells ( even if there are "unwatchable" meaning picture is all f***ed up ). I bought discrambler UltraFX and hooked it in between cable and TV. Result? I still recieve this same number of chanells. I don't know if it makes any sense but maybe my new discambler doesn't decode canells because it doesn't "see" any... Would getting converter change anything??
Please help!

Username: Dewisz

how to make cable company to remove bandstop filter??

Username: Malascp

Newark, Del United states

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THEM BOXES FROM AMERICAN DIGITAL HOMESTEAD THEY DONT WORK IS A REAL SCAM I SENT THE ONE BACK CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK STILL HAVENT RECEIVED MY REFUND YET!!!!!!!!!!

JACKAZZ
Unregistered guest
U ARE A JACK AZZ....AND BEING A JACKAZZ U GOT
WHAT U PAID FOR JACKAZZ.

Anonymous

I received a notice from cablevision that they were taking me to court for a descrambler, I purchased on ebay. The descrambler did not work and I sent it back, but I have no proof of that. He (private seller) sent me back a money order. (long gone) They want to fine me $2000.00 What do I do??

jojo49
Unregistered guest
there is no law that says u can not own your own cable boxs. what are they doing? watching what your buying on the net. do u have internet with your cable co. i think comcast cable got in trouble for that a year or so ago.

Username: Vasilis

I have a motorola dct 2244 and I have s serius problem with the unit. The unit address is all zeros and on the led screen shows "hunt", also I see a blanc screen on Tv. I tryed to reset the settings, and since the time i did it i have the "hunt" on the led screen.

Another issue is the serial data Rs-232 on the unit is not responting. I made 2 diferent serial cables by my self. I bought all the parts from redio shack Db9-f to Db9-m. The wires I made it was a result of research over the internet for Rs-232 configurations. I tried with other computer for compatibility and with my old modem. Both wires worked fine but not with the box.

Does any of you guyes have any Idea what is going wrong?
Please advice.

yea righttttt
Unregistered guest
where i live if you hook cable up illeagally they will know at the office, i pay for high speed internet and thats it, so they put a TRAP on my line called a video trap or a entertainment trap, so i asked the cable guy what would happen if i unhooked it, he said they will come out and put another one on the first time, so i tried it, sure enough 2 days later a repair guy came out and reinstalled the trap, said that they have a way to detect pulses, surges and variations of signal strenghth with digital cable, they even know how many tvs yer hooked to. now if anyone really knows how to bypass that then im in.. lemme know.

Hi-Tech-Girl
Unregistered guest
Has anyone here tried those modified cable modems that "extreme technology" sells? does it really work as they stated? can anyone vouch for them?

Pirate Tv'ers
Unregistered guest
where i live if you hook cable up illeagally they will know at the office, i pay for high speed internet and thats it, so they put a TRAP on my line called a video trap or a entertainment trap, so i asked the cable guy what would happen if i unhooked it, he said they will come out and put another one on the first time, so i tried it, sure enough 2 days later a repair guy came out and reinstalled the trap, said that they have a way to detect pulses, surges and variations of signal strenghth with digital cable, they even know how many tvs yer hooked to. now if anyone really knows how to bypass that then im in.. lemme know.

Splice into and split the line above the trap it's Bull Chit about how many tv's etc..

Anonymous

I use cablev1s1on in dah Bronks.
I am still using analog in my place.
My brother is using digital-iO.
1)I plugged one of his digital boxes into my
line and amazingly I am getting all the
io channels. Can that be detected on my line?
2)I plugged an old jerrold desc-rambler into his
line and now he can get p=p=v on sixty four. Can that be detected on his line?
3)I have another old jerrold box -but I dropped it, and it affected the tuner inside- I see only 2 channels "when shaken"
is there a place in the bronks to fix it or at least to get the special screw bit?
Answers greatly appreciated.Some words purposely
mispelled.

that_guy_LOVES_PPV
Unregistered guest
I looked in my bookmarks and found the site I got some working equipment from. They pretty much stuck to what they claimed.

Anonymous

Hey guys, I cant beleive that I actually read thru this whole page of posts, took me like 2 hours, LOL

well anyways, here's my situation:

I live in Queens and have Time Warner Cable, and I have a VERY old Tocom 5503 vip box that has the chip.

This box worked perfectly for me for a really long time, I have channles 1-99, with all the premiums, and channel 96 which is the PPV channel.

But then recently my box kinda broke, and the sound doesnt work anymore, and the picture quality is very bad.

Now I know this is not a signal issue, its just that the box is VERY old, so I went ahead and bought a brand new Tocom 5507 box, but when I connected it, it didnt work, the screen was grey, it was like I had absolutly nothing connected to my tv at all.

So do you think this could be a problem with the box, or something else?

Anonymous

Try getting a universal cable descrambler check out www.2005cabledescramblers. com the unit you have probally doesnt have a descrambler board try a mediatech 2200 or viewmax pro platinum

Anonymous

I live in manhattan and have gotton along with rabbit ears for 5 yrs. My building ran a cable into my apt while I was away and I never asked them what it was for. I took in a roomate 3 weeks ago and while I was away he hooked up an old cable box to the wire and it get 2-69 actually 2-13 ok cnn whited out. Can I get in trouble for this. I found it that cable is digital time warner tv . I have the leasevin my name . GRR He also says he has another box that goes to channel 99 and is chipped whatever that is.Can cable find out and can I get in trouble ?
Please help Should I continue using it or throw him and his 2 boxes out

Lost-in-Bklyn
Unregistered guest
Cablevision in Brooklyn placed a video filter (I'm told) on their service which disabled existing descramblers for channels 1-99. I don't know which new descramblers will overcome this. Does anyone know?

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 20
Not true, 1-99 are still able to be descrambled with an old rft box on cablevision's Jerrold box.

jack me 3
Unregistered guest
There is NO NO NO way to trace an address by taking off a video trap. There is no way to trace an address by the cable company unless you are using their equipment. There is no identifying hardware or software on your house, just a wire going to the tap, like all the other wires from your neighbors and everyone else.

Username: Cableguynyc

Jack me 3 Please answer. I am the guy that posted this 3 posts up.

Oct 13th live in manhattan and have gotton along with rabbit ears for 5 yrs.Anonymously.

I have read a lot and now Jack Me 3 says there is no way to know if the cable is hooked up by TW. I do not understand the video trap? If you look up 3 posts you will see mine. Is it certain that they can not tell anything from this box my roomate used? He says he had them for many years and I assume they are analogue. What about the story they can tell if you have multiple boxes. Does this apply to his boxes if neither of them are TW. If he hooked them up they could not tell? I wonder how they overlooked this and put live cables in a building without turning them on one by one. Lazy I guess. So I assume that they are on, trapless or filterless or whatever they use to stop the signal.

As I said its just 2-13 plus a few. Should I let him try the other box that goes to 99 and see what happens ? Is it possible this other box is addressable He says he bought it and guy tyold him it was 15 years old Jerrrold DPBB something Is that analogue also ?

Thx you Jack me 3

Anonymous

Question....
How can i get all cable channels? I dont have a cable box i get free cable somehow and when i went out to the box to see my cable in the connection terminal (someone) took off the piece (filter) i guess that blocks all the good channels. This is analog and I was wondering is there a way to get these channels... do i need a box?? scrambler? cheater box? or something?

Thanks...

Lucky guy
Unregistered guest
You guys ought to check: usbjtag.com/bdmjtagbb/

all your questions are answered...no more guessing

CableGuy2000
Unregistered guest
I have similar experience. I ended up paying $2000. I wonder if used Paypal to pay for the item? I want to know if this guy was not selling bunch of descramblers, meaning he had only one to sell and not a whole lot of descramblers? I have recently bought Jerrold Cable Box on Ebay and wonder if I will be in trouble. Its not a descrambler.

Unregistered guest
anyone know the reset instructions for a viewmax platinum pro... i lost the manual and its a little messed up... and i was hoping that a reset might fix it. If anyone knows the secret...(i think its a secret with the remote or something)... please let me know~

InternetUser
Unregistered guest
Simple (minded) question. I have Comcast cable for broadband internet. It turned out to be a few dollars cheaper to take the limited basic TV with the internet. I don't care about the TV, although it is how we now see our local channels since it is on the cable. Recently Comcast went to 6Mbps in my area (up from 4Mbps) at the same price (or so their mail notification said) with 8Mbps available for another $10 per month. My internet connection still logs at around 4Mbps - sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Comcast says that the problem is that since I have only the limited basic TV (analog) the filter in the box on the pole has been set so that 6Mbps is not possible. I have asked Comcast tech support several times about why I cannot get the 6Mbps and get the same answer from different reps. I do not want to break into TV I am not supposed to get, but would like to get the 6Mbps that Comcast said was available for the same price I was paying for 4Mbps. Anyone know whether there is a way to do this?
Thanks.

Anonymous

Try contacting www.2005cabledescramblers .com they sell them for $169.00 includeing shipping takes like 2 days to get they may be able to tell you what you need to know.

Anonymous

Also they sell 10 cable descramblers for $900.00 shipping included in that price.They also have satelite s that get all the channels.Cost for satelites complete system with dish is $395.00 you dont have to pay a satelite or cable bill with them either.www.2005cabledescramblers. com

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 112
@Anonymous

A total ripoff for both cable descramblers and the complete sat systems.

stop spamming.

sal9823
Unregistered guest
can somebody please help me with a cablevision digital descrambler please email me at sal9823@hotmail.com thanks i need all the help i can get

sal9823
Unregistered guest
actually im looking on ebay for a digital descrambler box is there one that will work with the cablevision digital cable? email me at sal9823@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I've been reading the posts here for sometime and I'm begining to think there will never be a way to descramble the digital system like we use to do the analog boxes. Am I right or is there a light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Queens Booooy
Unregistered guest
I have Time-Warner in Queens, NY myself.

Currently using RFT device to descramble two analog boxes - it says it can handle four, but I reserved two spots in case one of my boxes needed to be returned (after four codes, you're done).

I only give a damn about HBO (Sopranos, boxing, CURB) and PPV. I purchased a Pioneer box for my bedroom to extend my service without having to pay T/W an extra $9/month for a third box.

Anyhow, Time-Warner is slowly phasing out the analog boxes, forcing cable viewers to upgrade to digital or stay with analog and get fewer channels.

PPV events will now be on channel 301 (digital). When I called T/W, they said I could not get one digital box and hang onto one analog box. It's an all-or-nothing upgrade.

I will still keep the Pioneer in the bedroom for HBO, so it's just a matter of replicating the PPV events.

From what I've read in these threads, I may be able to use a filter, delete the event memory, and if it works after 30 days (without events showing up on my cable bill), then I'm home free.

Filter for digital PPV events are available in SOME areas.. Is there somebody in Queens who can vouch for one of these filters?

CheapAss
Unregistered guest
Hello all. Im sure this is a stupid question but I do not have digital cable yet and I dont know how everything works. If I understand it right, all PPV purchases are recorded in your digital box? If so, is it possible to have a second box that the cable company has no idea you have? If this can be done, couldnt I just install the filter on the "dummy box" and keep the origial box assigned to my account clean? Thanks.

Queens Booooy
Unregistered guest
Analog cable works one way - you can "clone" the box ID and get signals.

Digital cable works two ways - the box keeps sending/receiving info. A filter, apparently, can block or redirect some of the info.

This is how I understand what people are saying so far.

Unregistered guest
G'Day Mates!
I am in Australia and want to descrambler my cable chanels. I am not subscribed to my cable provider but do receive scrambled signals on my TV, I want to know if there is any software I could install on my computer with TV tuner card or if there is any other descrambler available for TV. I will highly appreciate your kind responses.

Anonymous

hey guys, i seem to be having a small problem.

I recently purchased a Tocom 5507 cable descrambler, and i hooked it up to my tv, and it works, it shows me channels 2-99

BUT, most of these channels have a inverted picture.

here's an example of what im talking about:

this is how the picture is supposed to be: http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/977/before8cw.jpg

and this is how some of the channels are: http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/6427/after8zz.jpg

does anybody have any suggestions for me?

D. Yaneb
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a CFT 2200 cable box to replace the one cablevision supplied (it broke). When I connect it, however, all I get is the Cablevision program guide on every channel. I'm also using an RFT-PLUS.

Does anyone know why its not working? Does the unit have to be "initialized" ? If so how can I do it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us