RANDOM CHANNELS SCRAMBLED ONE MINUTE, THE NEXT UNSCRAMBLED AND VIEWABLE... HELP

user2004
Unregistered guest
Hello, I;ve just downloaded a .bin file for my FortectStar Lifetime Ultra. Now, whenever i am passing through channels, there are a set of channels that stay black and say scrambled/bad channel, then no signal. so i leave that area of the channels and go to higher channels. those work.

i go back to the old non working channels then the next minute they are working fine!!!! then wen i go back to the ones that were working theyre are not anymore!!!

does anybody know why it is not consistent and why it keeps scrabling random channels then unscrabling....its quite an inconvenience. thanks.

Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 10
showing no signal usually means bad switch having hard time bouncin between 110, 119., but i am a NEWB
maybe largo key would like to help this one.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 438
sounds like U might be using a external sw21 switch or Legacy twin LNB (has built in sw21 switch) meant for dishnet RECEIVERS..or yes a defective DISQUE switch can cause that also..

try rebooting receiver first...BACK of receiver,power off,wait 2 minutes,power on,turn to channel 300..see if that fixes it...next try unplug it gor 5 minutes...after that if still problem,then check out the LNB and switches as recommends.

BTW...many new bins,especially Fortec do take a few minutes for the channels to pop in..or U ghave to "rock" the channels back/forth to get them to eventually appear..

user2004
Unregistered guest
...i would also like to add i am using two dishes.
one to echostar 6,8 (110) and the other to echostar 3 (61.5) just incase this matters.

user2004
Unregistered guest
well guys i tried turning the power off on a channel that doesnt work.(ac power of course) i waited 2 mins and the channel worked. but eventually it does not again.

by flipping through i have seem to almost be certain this is what causes the problem.

when i am viewing channels on echostar 3 it is fine. but when i go for echo 3 to echo 6,8...the channels will have no signal. after a minute or so, echostar 6,8 will catch signal and the channels will then work. going from echo 6,8 to echo 3 is smooth though. im thinking it is the switches.

echo 3 has basically all the foreign channels (4 greek ones are which im in it for), and basically the rest of echo 3 is uselss. i did notice that the same greek channels are on echo 6,8. do you recommend just getting rid of echo 3 and keeping echo 6,8. maybe this will solve my problem as well?

thanks for your support so far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
I would forget 61.5,since U don't gain much more..then U don't need any switches..U will have 1 single LNB on 1 dish (110) directly to the receiver..

to try it just disconnect the cable at the 61.5 dish..and disconnect the cable from 110 to and from switch, and run it direct to receiver..

Anonymous

What I noticed was I wanted to watch a NBA game and before the game, it never had black screen or scramble screen appeared. As soon as the game started, the screen started to flicker and sometimes goes into black screen with scrambled channel.
Has this happen to others? Can it be fixed? I am using 1LNB legacy Direct TV dish with Lifetime Ultra. Other channels do not flicker but it does have blank screen and few minutes when I come back, the screen comes out clear. Then when I start to change channels, it disappears again.
Very annoying.

Help....thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168345.html

Anonymous

I have a pansat model: 2500A what is the latest beam? Because i tried a couple and on the screen it says scramble or bad channel. Can some one help me please. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Ken

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 323
@Anonymous

Try this:
http://www.dsscentral .net/archive/Pansat2500-X-85BL_050924_255_api(N).zip

And this:
http://www.dsscentral .net/archive/Pansat%202500A%20Release%2001.10.05.zip

tmk16
Unregistered guest
I have the fortec star reciever and for some reason its the screeen is all black and it says scrambled channel or no signal something like that. This has happened before and the insaller guy fixed it. I think it has something to do with the remote but we wont be seeing him for about 2 weeks, so does anybody know how to fix it? And what does this mean??

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 370
@tmk16

New keys rolled, has nothing to do with your remote, try this:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/173691.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us