Pansat 2500 Instructions (Clone friendly)

Bronze Member
Username: Homer_simpson

Post Number: 12
Maybe the other thread has become too long and people are finding information hard to find there, so here's the method that worked with my 2500 clone.

1. Download the X-85BL_051107_256_api(No-Kill).rar file from :-

http://www.fsfta.com

You will need to register.

2. Unpack the rar file, then download to your receiver.

3. Connect receiver back up to TV, press Menu > Parental Control

4. Hit down arrow so you come to PIN2, input your pin (default 0000)

5. On next Menu screen, hit down arrow until you come to 'Set Default Key', press OK, Wait for saving.

6. Keep hitting exit until you are out of the menu system. Enjoy TV

Username: Chrone

Post Number: 2
how do idownloadit on my reciver and can u use windows xp home to do this

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 413
@stoner

You need a straight-through rs232 9 pin cable, loader (software) and bin.

Yes you can use xp home.

Post Number: 3
how do i get the stuff to do it

Bronze Member
Username: Homer_simpson

Post Number: 15
@Stoner

Did your receiver not come with the RS232 cable?

Post Number: 4
it came with a cable but not sure what type and i down loaded the gt rom loader for pansat 2700a is it the right one

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
@stoner

Plug the cable into the serial port of your pc and the other end to the back of your box, open gtrom, in gtrom open the bin file, with your receiver turned on, click download (in gtrom), wait until it reaches 100%.

Post Number: 5
were can i get the lastest bin for the pansat 3000 (clone)i need one that wont kill my reciver and the link up there wont work i even register. and when i find the bin were do i save it to? and how do i use gt rom loader

John Bor.
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

I have a pantech multistar mx.
(right now it has pansat2500 bin on it)

I got a null modem cable today.
is this the right cable(straight-through rs232) to connect my reciver to pc?

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
@John Bor.

Yes

puteridiot
Unregistered guest
guys thanks took me a while but finally figured it out....once i did it was simple

Angel_RG
Unregistered guest
Get up & running with the latest N2 bin in 20 steps.

I am a newbie, and on Monday 7th Nov 05 when all went down I did my homework to get things back up and running. Over a 5 hour period I read many forums, some ppl gave better instructions than others, but I did see a lack of clear instructions so many of us require. Here is my attempt:

1) First and foremost. I have a Pansat 2500a. This is a cloned Pansat. To find out whether yours is a clone visit http://www.fsfta. com/viewtopic.php?t=179 (remove the space). This site requires registration. Regisitration is free. The following instructions are for a cloned Pansat 2500a.

2) The reason some of you cannot enter N2 codes in manually is because you do not have a recent bin file. (A bin file is a binary file containing codes etc allowing us to watch satellite for free). I had a 251 bin and just like some of you could not find Nagravision 2 no matter which way I pressed the volume key.

3) How do you know the version of the current bin on your receiver? Press Menu, scoll down the System Information. If the current version of the bin has been given a meaningful name you will some some numbers in there to the effect 251a, 255, 256 or 248, or 224.

4) If you do have later version of a bin such as a 255 or 256 bin, you can enter the keys in manually. Clear instructions for that are in this thread

5) If you cannot enter N2 codes manually you need to find the latest bin and download it the receiver. And this is what I describe below:

6) Before you can download anything to the receiver you need a RS232 serial cable (straight cable not a crossed cable). You cannot proceed without this cable.

7) Then you need to locate the latest bin file. I went to www.fsfta .com (remove the space from the Web address). You first need to register (this is free). Then click on the link "Pansat 1500/2500 11 7 2005 New Keys Added No Kill". The first post on the first page has the file you need to download, namely X-85BL_051107_256_api(No-Kill).rar. (X-85 means for the Pansat 2500a, 051107 is YYMMDD for the date, and No Kill means the harmful code that kills Pansat clones has been removed).

8) It is a .rar file (which is basically another form of zip file). This cannot be unzipped by WinZip. Google a freeware unzip utility program. I used "Unzip them all" found on www.sofotex .com/UnzipThemAll-download_L9182 .html (remove the 2 spaces).

9) Once you've download the unzip utiltiy, Unzip the .rar file and you should get the bin file: X-85BL_051107_256_api(No-Kill).bin. To make sure their was no corruption in download. This file will be 640KB in size.

10) You then need a program to upload the .bin file from the computer to the receiver. There are a few Uploaders (aka Updaters) mentioned on these forums. The one I used was Blacklist STB Update v1.4. This can be found at http://ftajackass. com/html/index.php (remove the space). Click on the link Downloads. Then scroll down to subcategory "Pansat Free to Air Files". Then click link 2500a. Download Blacklist Bin Updater. Unzip the file.

11) Ok, now get back to the TV. Click Menu. Scroll down one to Parental Control, and press the OK button on the remote. Scroll down to the Second PIN and enter 0000, and click OK. Go down the Set default key, and click OK. (Some may say this step is not necessary but if you have been messing around trying to enter keys manually, then this will read the keys from the .bin you currently have installed. Like I said don't know if this is necessary but its what I did.)

12) Click Exit and number of times till you come out of all the menus. Now switch off the receiver from the switch on the back.

13) Connect the one end of the RS232 cable to the computer, and the other end to the back of the receiver. Load up the program Blacklist updater on the computer. (I disabled my wireless internet access at this point to avoid any mishaps. Wired users can disconnect the network. This is one of those steps some may say not necessary but I did it anyhow. Those of you with heavily guarded ports and firewalls may have extra problems. Turn them off if you can).

14) On Blacklist set the Comm setting to COM1 (this is default, select a different COM if req'd). Click on Select Bin, and locate the .bin file where you unzipped it to.

15) Switch on the receiver. Once the KnightRider lights have done there bit (horinzontal scrolling dash), then click on Write Bin. The .bin file is now being uploaded to the receiver. The number on the front of the receiver will match the percentage complete on your PC screen.

16) Blacklist will prompt Complete when it reaches 100%. Disconnect the RS232 cable from the computer. The receiver will have now done an automatic reset/reboot.

17) The TV screen will still read Scrambled or Bad channel. Don't panic! I also got this. Click the Menu button on the remote. Scroll down one to Parental Control, and press the OK button on the remote. Scroll down to the Second PIN and enter 0000, and click OK. Go down the Set default key, and click OK. (This step makes the current N2 keys that you just uploaded as the default keys in the receiver).

18) Click Exit a number of times to get out of all the Menus. You should now have a picture. This new bin file will also allow you to enter N2 keys in manually later on if req'd. I won't cover 'how to' on that, I think others have made good attempts at explaining that one.

19) I hope this info helps. The only credit I deserve is in taking the time to write this thread. The ppl doing the real work are the ones that write the bin files. I say a heart filled thank you to them.

20) God bless.

cant find the file
Unregistered guest
where do I get the 2300 fix for this problem, could someone tell me where to get the file.thanks

John Bor.
Unregistered guest
I have a pantec multistar mx and in my system info it says:

Clone
ReL 256c.v3.0
Boot ver : 6.0
OCT 01_2005
.:PANTEC:.

do I have the latest bin or should I change it?

rmsnov
Unregistered guest
@Angel_RG

Thanks a ton for the step-by-step instructions...spoon-feeding some may call it, but lifesaver for us newbies.

For the Pansat 2500 I was getting stuck on entering the F key in the 00 'for manual key change', which did'nt need to be changed with your instructions. So anyone stuck in a similar fashion, pls follow Angel_RG's instructions above, including the 2xUpload, and it should do the trick. I didn't even have to re-scan.....

tks again

fta_crazy
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am trying to flash my Fortec Lifetime Ultra recieever with the latest bin file, but for some reason it rejects it. It doesnot even starts to download. The window for the downnload appears but after few seconds error message comes up saying, WRITE FAILED.

I have already flashed like 4 recievers, with the same setup.
The only difference I see is that others boot version was 6.0 and this one has 6.1. Could that be a problem??

I have been reading a lot but have not found anything concrette.
Need reply back ASAP. Thanx in advance

Username: Rana

Post Number: 3
Angel_RG

Nice Post, thanks for taking the time to help us newbies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us