LOADERS NOT WORKING

Username: 2222

Post Number: 1
I've been trying for a week to flash my Pansat 2500A with all Flash bin loaders including Gtools for channel list and all fail-write failed [ER1] with no success even on two sep computers, Win XP - Win 98. No flashes done since fta went down so we're clear on that. I even downloaded have the how to video which is an awesome visual helpful file, Thanks to whom made it and everyone else who has posted useful info. Files are unzipped righ aswell and using the right port. Spent many many hours at night reading all forums for a clue. I'm begining to blame it on modem. Both computers have had the modem upgraded and my question is: Is this possible? does changin modems change internal setting to communicate with COM1? I even bought a Brand new Belkin 10' DB9 female/female cable, Does cable lenght matter? I have seen and read the post's on possible cause on bins not loading but it has been bad STB settings like Pansat 2500 , key:global and so on. AI really don't know what to do next !&^%$$%#@!. Can somene please shed some light on these cause. TY!

eager beaver
Unregistered guest
what does your box do when you try to flash the bin? if it works probably, the pansat 2500a should start counting from 1 to 100. Do you get this at all?

eager beaver
Unregistered guest
if you think the modem is interfering with your com 1 port, you might just want to pull the modem out, and see if your loader works. if it doesn't work, look at some other options. (if it doesn't work, I'd keep the modem out for a while, until you find out what is causing the problem), you don't want to have 2 problems (the modem) and something else. it will be harder to figure out if that is the case. By leaving the modem out you eliminate one issue that could be the problem...
Good luck!

Post Number: 2
not at all eager.

Post Number: 3
Im about to start doing soccer practice with pansat lol....no really, i dont know what gives.

LK
Unregistered guest
I would exchange that NEW 10ft cable FIRST...cable could be bad even though new, and shorten it up also...next I would try and flash the 222 factory bin using the 1500-2300-2500 uploader file..."flash failed" is usually a bad cable or serial port

Post Number: 4
Thanks LK, will try that. Can you point out where i can get 1500-2300-2500 uploader?

LK
Unregistered guest
Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and POansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing dashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the above directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

Post Number: 5
No luck so far even another with a buddys cable. Gotta be the port. #@#@!^&*^$@!
Tks for the help guys.

Username: Cdrcata

Post Number: 3
if you can spend 10.00$you may want to try a pci card with com ports on it, disable your on board com's in you pc bios, instal the pci com card and try it. I had problems flashing my receiver and ever since I had installed this card with com's on, never had another.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us