I Scan HD from DVDO

Bronze Member
Username: Brazilian

Sao Paulo, SP Brasil

Post Number: 20
As I just bought i Scan HD scaller, it only has a VGA output for analog video signals. I have a choice of connecting to component (RCA) or to RGB + HV input in my HDTV monitor. DVDO has both cables to sell: VGA to RCA and VGA to RGBHV via RCA adaptors. Can anyone help me choosing the better option ? Also, is it necessary to use a converter box instead one break cable ???
I have read that using RCA adaptors to pass the video signals from RGB to RCA inputs (like my HDTV monitor has) will change the impedance and degrade signal. But also, I have been told that RGBHV is better than component because it keeps the signals more splitted.
I just can`t get a straight answer from DVDO. So, anyone there can help me ????

Unregistered guest
Hello, Victor

If your display able to accept RGBHV, this would be a better connection because of the horisontal and vertical adjustments in addtion to component video color steaming. You will not be required a speacial converter, converter is being used for different purposes. You can also purchase this cables from www.lenexpo-electronics.com

Thank you,
Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Brazilian

Sao Paulo, SP Brasil

Post Number: 21
Many thanks Mike !
Do you have an i-Scan HD ? I have some serious doubts I`d like to discuss with someone who also has it. I still use a CRT direct view HD(?) monitor with resolutions of 480p, 540p or 1080i. Scalling to 1080i seems to show many image artifacts and throw a lot image out of my 36" screen. So, I am keeping it at 480p to get every picture information on the screen. Strange ins`t it ?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4574
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums