BEV receivers to get American programming

BJBING
Unregistered guest
Hi All

I'm in Canada with a BEV 3100 receiver. I will soon loose all my programing. The rage here is to swith to Dish network programming, but I have decided against spending the $$$ after reading all your posts as I realize it will be no more after Sept. also. As it looks now I will soon have to pay to watch my tv. I really am disgusted how much Bell Expressvu charges for programming, considering what you receive. I'm thinking I would rather pay for either Dish Network or Direct Tv. (I have access to an american address) My question is can I just turn my dish to their respective satellite and pick up their satellite through my Bell receiver? I know as it is now I can take my BEV receiver in and get it programmed to dish network (but why waste $ if only good for 2 more months)Maybe a dumb question but if I get a legitimate subscription will it still work through BEV receiver. Is it the same for Direct Tv also and BEV? Will my bell satellite dish still be acceptable or will I have to change that to?
Does anyone have a preference of the 2 american companies? Being Canadain we don't get much else other Bell and they are rip offs.
I think I rambled, but hopefully this post makes sense to somebody who knows more about this than me

slickvguy
Unregistered guest
Your bev ird will work with dish, but you will have difficulty subscribing using it (unless you clone it to a dish dp301.010 that you know wasn't/isn't currently subbed). That's probably beyond your ability, judging by your post. So the short answer for you is: no.

As far as dtv is concerned, the asnwer is no also. You'll need a different receiver.

You didn't specify what your dish/lnb/switch setup is, so I can't give you proper advice on that subject.

Now, as for getting a legit subscription in Canada, that's an entirely different story. I suggest you read a lot, and perhaps find a broker.

slickvguy
Unregistered guest
Your bev ird will work with dish, but you will have difficulty subscribing using it (unless you clone it to a dish dp301.010 that you know wasn't/isn't currently subbed). That's probably beyond your ability, judging by your post. So the short answer for you is: no.

As far as dtv is concerned, the asnwer is no also. You'll need a different receiver.

You didn't specify what your dish/lnb/switch setup is, so I can't give you proper advice on that subject.

Now, as for getting a legit subscription in Canada, that's an entirely different story. I suggest you read a lot, and perhaps find a broker.

its over
Unregistered guest
BJ BING is not a canadain
he is a terror. he belongs
to the Ben ladden group.
he want to fight a holy
war.Fight is over
Jesus wone the war.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help